PDA

View Full Version : Chocobos...

ChakramsVII
04-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi peoples, I've been playing FFVII and have got to the part on disc 1 where you leave Kalm and have to catch a chocobo to cross the marshes without being attacked by the big serpent that swims about there. The only trouble is, i'm having trouble actually catching a chocobo! i have the right materia (chocobo lure???) but they always run away in mid battle. Can anyone help me??:)

Elly
04-20-2007, 02:38 PM
buy some greens from Billy, the more expensive the longer the chocobo stays, as soon as battle starts and a chocobo is involved feed the greens to the chocobo, also try to kill off any monsters as quickly as possible, the longer the fight lasts the greater the chance of the Chocobo running away, don't use area effect skills/magics as hitting the chocobo even once loses it for you, personaly i'm usualy Lvl.20 by the time i make it to the Ranch so killing the monsters off fast isn't a problem, it's mostly speed and some luck that are the main factors with some good greens thrown into the mix... and if all else fails read "The Chocobo Manifesto" on GameFAQs...

ChakramsVII
04-20-2007, 02:46 PM
ahhhh that sounds good, shall try that, need some more Gil then i can buy some better greens...thanks for your help!:D

BG-57
04-20-2007, 11:07 PM
There's a cheap way to outrun the Midgar Zolom: save you game midway across and the serpent resets to the Chocobo Ranch end of the marsh. Naturally this doesn't help when trying to go from the Mythril Mines back to the Chocobo Ranch.

Never tried it myself, but it may save you time and Gil if you want to go that route.

aquatius
04-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Pah, he's just a snake, you can take him.

Elly
04-21-2007, 01:11 AM
yeah actualy a cheap trick is to get strong enough to take the Zolom without the need of a Chocobo to run past it, fight it while you have "Enemy Skill" equiped and wait for him to cast Beta, you will learn it early and tear through some of the earlier parts of the game with it easily...