PDA

View Full Version : Which Should I get???

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Ok, this friday, the prom will officially be over. I can now start to save my money for something else. So, I am going to buy me one the new game consoles. So my question is which one should I get. I want them all, but I only can buy one and I am having a hard time trying to pick one and here is why. I want the PS3 because I love Sony and of because of FF13 and hopefully KH3.(But now FF13 is on other systems as well.) I want a 360 because of Halo 3 and Halo Wars and because of how much kick ass the sports game graphics on them are. And I want a Wii because them things are just so much fun. So PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE!!!!

Khaotic
04-20-2007, 03:01 PM
In all honesty, Wii and 360. It'll cost the same, or even cheaper, than a PS3.

Slothy
04-20-2007, 04:42 PM
(But now FF13 is on other systems as well.)

This is at best a rumour. It hasn't been announced, or confirmed by Square or any reputable media outlet, so I wouldn't get your hopes up for it happening.

As for which you should buy, I'll give my usual advice: look into the exclusive titles for each and decide which you feel caters best to your taste. Personally, I prefer the PS3, so I'll name some games for it you should check out.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Lair
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet and Clank
MGS4
FFXIII
Gran Turismo 5
Warhawk
Little Big Planet
White Knight Story
Tekken 6

And you can pretty much count on whatever the Ico/SotC team does next being on PS3, as well as Zipper Interactives next project (if you're a Socom fan as I am). And all of that is without listing any multi-platform games. To me the PS3 has the strongest lineup of exclusives so it's where my money went. Look into them for yourself though to see if it's for you.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-20-2007, 05:12 PM
I don't care about the prices. I just can't decide. Right now I am leaning more toward the 360 than anything.

Madame Adequate
04-20-2007, 05:15 PM
360 is best right now. PS3 is going to be worth getting, but it doesn't seem to be just yet - give it a few months until the library is significantly bigger, and hopefully a price drop occurs.

Yew-Yevon
04-20-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm going to EB games to trade in my PS2 for a PS3. (their such nice ppl for letting me do that)

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-20-2007, 05:53 PM
360 is best right now. PS3 is going to be worth getting, but it doesn't seem to be just yet - give it a few months until the library is significantly bigger, and hopefully a price drop occurs.

I saw on Attack of the Show last night that Sony President said that he will be dropping the prices of the PS3. They just didn't say by how much.

Roto13
04-20-2007, 05:59 PM
If all three are appealing to you it makes more sense to get an Xbox and a Wii than just a PS3. You could still get a PS3 later after the price drops and the library has more good games.

The black mage
04-20-2007, 06:00 PM
look once Devolpers get thire heads around the ps3 it will KICK XBOX BUTT.

Dreddz
04-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Im with Roto13 on this one *gulp*

Yew-Yevon
04-20-2007, 08:13 PM
PSM said that the PS3's visuals in FF13 are (at the worst) on par with FFSpirits Within.

Setzer Gabianni
04-20-2007, 09:29 PM
FFSW had great graphics. :(

Roto13
04-20-2007, 09:44 PM
And a god awful story.

Yew-Yevon
04-24-2007, 07:34 PM

My point is that you can exspect to see nothing less than SW graphics (there trying to say it can only get better from here :))

Maxico
04-24-2007, 08:43 PM

And a god awful story.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Final Fantasy!

Also

Final Fantasy XIIIIIIII really can't ever match TSW because
a. It's real time, and there is an inherent limitation that comes with the hardware and
b. It's not rendered using RayTracing, which while considering the relatively primitive techniques used in TSW may make it look better in some aspects (No more "painted statues"?), it puts it at an inherent disadvantage.

If you intend to buy other consoles down the line, buy the one with the most games that appeal to you now, then make any additional purchases when the time is right.