PDA

View Full Version : Balthier?

Setzer Gabianni
04-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Who else will join me in saying that Balthier isn't all that great as people say he is? I'm finding it harder each day trying to actually have a liking for this guy.

:/

Don't want no flamers posting mmmk? Don't want to have be assraped by Balthier's army. :tongue: I'm sure Renmiri will join soon enough, she hates Balthier right? I hope so :(

Roto13
04-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Balthier is awesome. Hush. >:o

Renmiri
04-20-2007, 10:06 PM
Balthier is annoying and can not even lick Han Solo's boots.

And he looks like Young Darth Vader

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Baltvader.gif

KasaiDraco
04-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Balthier's the best character in the game. He's the only one I like. I hate the rest of 'em.

Firo Volondé
04-21-2007, 12:27 AM
Meh, Balthier's decent. I prefer Larsa though.

Renmiri
04-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Meh, he's tries to say he's "the leading man" all the time, when he ain't :mad:

_Einhänder
04-21-2007, 01:21 AM
lol ren, i definitely see a similarity in those pics.

Well, the leading man is cocky, confident, yet classy, intelligent and free-spirited, probably the kind of skypirate you'd love to hate but hate to love. That's why we killed him in the Hurt & Heal thread. Yep, he had to go. I don't think he's all that great, but considering the circumstances in the game, I'd prefer someone emotionally stable yet knows his way around, despite the arrogance. So I guess you can say I hold a slightly neutral opinion about him.

Garnie
04-21-2007, 01:29 AM
i love him hes awesome!
and that fran sig is F***ing awesome!!
make me one!!

Renmiri
04-21-2007, 06:00 AM
Love to hate & hate to love.. Sounds familiar :p

_Einhänder
04-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Love to hate & hate to love.. Sounds familiar :p

Well, I swore it was from a magazine somewhere. It was a phrase that stuck with me ever since.:p

Dr. Acula
04-21-2007, 07:35 AM
I personally like Balthier, but I knew there were going to be some haters out there... everyone has their own opinion though.:)

Setzer Gabianni
04-23-2007, 10:22 AM
Alright, this has just confirmed my suspicions, posts have been deleted.

>.>

Because I remember Psi being the last person to post here..

Jerseymilk
04-23-2007, 12:37 PM
You're right. Posts *have* been deleted. Mine's not here anymore, which is very weird since mine didn't contain any flaming at all so I don't understand why it got removed.:confused: :(

Roto13
04-23-2007, 01:39 PM
The new server was :skull::skull::skull::skull: and everything got rolled back. Basically, everything you did yesterday isn't done any more, including my awesome list of Balthier quotes that I copied and pasted from Wikiquote.org.

Proxy
04-23-2007, 02:19 PM
OOC: yeah quite a few of my posts have been also, but I'm not complaining

Balthier...Eh. I wasn't too fancy on him, but there was something about him...I used him for a while, until Basch came along.

gudkid
04-23-2007, 03:04 PM
my post was deleted too...
well, i like balthier coz he's got fran for a partner...
hehehehe

Formalhaut
04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Tsk tsk tsk renmiri how many times do I have to tell you not to use taht Darth Vader thing...

Anyway balthier is best because if anyone is in trouble or upset hes there to help and hes so funny as well, even if hes in danger. He likes to be the Leader ( very well as well) and a all round good Character.

basch is bad since he is not funny, trys to be leader all the time and walks in game like a robot.

And BTW old fashioned shotguns is the way to go!

No.78
04-27-2007, 03:45 PM
And by the end of the game I liked him again.

"Do I have to do everything myself?" *Frans half dead*

Renmiri
04-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Tsk tsk tsk renmiri how many times do I have to tell you not to use taht Darth Vader thing...

:tongue: I agreed to refrain from posting that on the "I love Balthier" threads. This one is "I hate Balthier" so I'm posting it :tongue:

And by the end of the game I liked him again.

"Do I have to do everything myself?" *Frans half dead*

That quote was funny. Yeah, he was halfway decent in the ending, but didn't make up for annoying me during the rest of the game ;)

Savannah
04-27-2007, 08:57 PM
"You're a sky pirate. Isn't that what you do? You fly?"

"You'd better hang on, then."

*melt* Come on.

Moon Rabbits
04-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Anyone who says Balthier isn't as awesome as they say is sorely mistaken.

Setzer Gabianni
04-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Erm, I don't think so?

basch is bad since he is not funny, trys to be leader all the time and walks in game like a robot.

Weird. Just because he doesn't try and be funny, he is "bad"? The guy's 36, he's a knight by heart, do you really expect him to make a fool of himself and make it so he is the worlds best thing? Basch doesn't try to be leader all the time, in fact, Balthier does that. He has it into his head he is the leading man. What, just because he can woo the ladies?

Hazzard
04-28-2007, 02:52 PM
I have to admit, Balthier has always rocked my heart with his arrogant, and almost chivalrous attitude. Basch is more like a silent guardian, who has been there and done it. No need for him to impress anyone, and I like him all the same.

Yliette
05-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I like Balthier but am not affected by those who loathe him. :D

Let us encourage peace, not squabbles.

Renmiri
05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Weird. Just because he doesn't try and be funny, he is "bad"? The guy's 36, he's a knight by heart, do you really expect him to make a fool of himself and make it so he is the worlds best thing? Basch doesn't try to be leader all the time, in fact, Balthier does that. He has it into his head he is the leading man. What, just because he can woo the ladies?

Basch doesn't TRY to be the leader, he IS the leader. Balthier tries and tries and comes up short :D

_Einhänder
05-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Haha. So this thread is still kicking. With Basch, he's a different kind of cool, doesn't try to floor anyone with wit or fawn a lady with saucy words, just all business.

Angel_from_hell
05-01-2007, 06:21 PM

Basch doesn't TRY to be the leader, he IS the leader. Balthier tries and tries and comes up short :D

Yea, Yea and then we can take this over and over again. Is Basch the leader, is Balthier the leader or is it Fran? That is more a personal thing some people think Balthier is the leader some think that Basch is it. But it is just silly and childish to fight about it. No one can decide who is the leader for me personaly it is the characther I choose to use as the leader when playing the game. XD

Setzer Gabianni
05-01-2007, 06:52 PM

I ♥ you. :love:

JAS4Yeshua
05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Come on Vaan is SOOO the leader.

(That is sarcasm, folks. ;))

All the characters are a lot less defined than the characters in previous games, and the license board doesn't help that situation. As far as the character goes, I like Bathier and I like Basch. My primary party is Bathier, Basch and Ashe, the three best characters IMO.

Renmiri
05-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Mine too but just because my little boy loves Balthier and insisted that I let the git tag along on my main party :rolleyes2

Reles
05-01-2007, 08:17 PM
The only reason I should ever hate Balthier is because my boyfriend would run away with him and sex him. I might get jealous...or just end up watching. Okay, then again, I can't think of any reason as to why I'd hate Balthier.

Formalhaut
05-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Mine too but just because my little boy loves Balthier and insisted that I let the git tag along on my main party :rolleyes2

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Your little boy loves Balthier... well you should be happy That he likes Balth, even if you don't. "Insisted that I let the git tag along on my main party". great attiude towards your kids fav character.

Yeah, great.

Im 12, your....( Being the pleasing young gentleman I am) 25-30.

Young people like the funny loveable people ( In short, you love them that you could hug them all day)

(Won't say old) Adults like the quiet type. As people get older, they become less active (Side effect of being old) and don't like loud in your face people (Like Vaan. No offence vaan fans)

This may be why Old"er" People may not like kids as much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Peace Agreement~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I like to do things in a nice, Formal way, I have made a peace term:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PEACE TERMS

1. We may not squabble about who is best, Balthier OR Basch.
(Me...)

2. We may not do "comparisons" of each others fav character in any thread. (Renmiri...)

3. We will be helpful to each other and not create pointless threads about each others characters.
( Setzer...)

Signature:

Jordan Cleary*<~~~~ My sig
____________<~~~~Remiri's sig
____________<~~~~Setzer's sig
Copy and paste the terms( marked by waves) and put sig in alotted space. (Please)

Put your real name as your sig OR screen name.

If you do, you must follow the rules. If you disagree with the rules or want to add to the rules. Pm me. :)

:choc2:Done.:choc2:

Setzer Gabianni
05-10-2007, 10:16 PM
question before doing so..o.o

3. We will be helpful to each other and not create pointless threads about each others characters.
( Setzer...)

^ You're not making a dig at me are you? o.o My threads werent pointless..;w;

Renmiri
05-11-2007, 12:44 AM
:eek: OLDER ?!?!? :eek:

:p j/k :p I am definitely old enough to be your mom ;)

fine, I'll sign your peace agreement but there's a clause added

~~~~~~~~~~~~Peace Agreement~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I like to do things in a nice, Formal way, I have made a peace term:

PEACE TERMS

1. We may not squabble about who is best, Balthier OR Basch.
(Balthier Rocks...)

2. We may not do "comparisons" of each others fav character in any thread. (Renmiri...)

( Setzer...)

4. I will look at Ren's site before saying other site is better for XII imagery
(Balthier Rocks...)

Signature:

Jordan Cleary*<~~~~ My sig
Renmiri <~~~~Remiri's sig
____________<~~~~Setzer's sig
Copy and paste the terms( marked by waves) and put sig in alotted space. (Please)

Put your real name as your sig OR screen name.

If you do, you must follow the rules. If you disagree with the rules or want to add to the rules. Pm me. :)

:choc2:Done.:choc2:

Formalhaut
05-11-2007, 04:30 PM
hahaha!!! yeah fine ill add that to the peace agreement. For sure. By the way how old are you? I put 25-30 as you do look like that ( Pleasing young gentlemen :)) but not sure. Please tell. Thanks.

Now all we need now is Setzer.

Formalhaut
05-11-2007, 04:37 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Your a Wikipedia and Final Fantasy Project member!!!!

OMG!!!!

I did not know that.

Oh can I have a link to your XII site? Can't find it.

Thanks.

Setzer Gabianni
05-11-2007, 04:45 PM
question before doing so..o.o

( Setzer...)

^ You're not making a dig at me are you? o.o My threads werent pointless..;w;

I'll quote myself again..and please..try not to use loads of these :eek: in one post. :/

Formalhaut
05-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Umm doing a thread saying " Whats the point about Balthier" and what other threads you made is SPAM IMHO. SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM "SPAM".

Meaning " Senceless, Pointless, Annoying, Messages.

Setzer Gabianni
05-11-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm sorry, but I find this laughable. I created a thread about Balthier, trying to see if anybody liked him. It also tried to be a debate/discussion thread for people to say why they also liked him, and If I chose to argue those points I would do, but then the thread died down. What gives you the right to call my threads spam? I know it's in your opinion, but your opinion is hardly reasonable.

Roto13
05-11-2007, 07:06 PM
I have a feeling that if you made a love thread for Balthier, he wouldn't be calling it spam. >_> It's only "annoying" to him because he doesn't agree with you.

Renmiri
05-11-2007, 07:17 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:Your a Wikipedia and Final Fantasy Project member!!!!

Indeedy, though I wasn't too active for the XII page, except in the beginning (november 2006, you should see the junk they had in there!) :love:

My FFXII wiki (http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/index.php/FFXII) is much more in depth though

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Oh, and Setz, perhaps you will like Balthier a bit better "grunge style":

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Balt.jpg

Roto13
05-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I think she'd rather have one of those of Dr. Cid. xP

Renmiri
05-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Didn't find it yet. But I got King Raminas in his undies if you want it Setz ;)

Roto13
05-11-2007, 07:30 PM
... I want to see that, but only for the same reason I wanted to see Goatse. >_>

Renmiri
05-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Hihi, fair enough

http://ffproject.net/forumwiki/images/Undies.jpg

Roto13
05-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Pfft. He's wearing more clothes than Vaan does.

demondude
05-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Got any of fran?

Setzer Gabianni
05-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Oi, stop filling my thread full of men....

Got any of Ghis o.o

Renmiri
05-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Nope sorry, no Fran and no Ghis. Shirtless Balthier and pantless Raminas only.

demondude
05-11-2007, 09:38 PM
:( oh well

Omni-Odin
05-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Balthier and Basch = Best Characters i the game.

Larsa was a little tranny. He was like 14 or 15 an had the voice o a six-year old girl. He kind of sucks.

Wolf Kanno
05-11-2007, 10:25 PM
I like Balthier but only cause he was the type of hero I have been wanting to see for awhile. A protagonist who is not exactly motivated by honorable circumstances and a scoundrel to boot.

I don't think it's really fair to compare him to Han Solo since their personalites are completely different only their circumstances are similiar. Of anything, Balthier can be compared to Roger Moore... specifically the days when he did James Bond.

At least that was my opinion of him but I like him nonetheless.

dark_lord
05-12-2007, 02:09 AM
I like him but not that much...
I just think he´s funny..... but that´s all......
and he´s not the leading man.... that´s for sure....
I think Basch´s the leading man since Vaan is an idiot...