PDA

View Full Version : NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

Roto13
04-20-2007, 11:31 PM
It's a process that catalogs all of the media files on my computer for Nero and its little buddies. I want it to stop because it screws up my torrents every time it runs and I'm never going to use it anyway. How do I get it to stop running?

Discord
04-21-2007, 12:14 AM
It's a process that catalogs all of the media files on my computer for Nero and its little buddies. I want it to stop because it screws up my torrents every time it runs and I'm never going to use it anyway. How do I get it to stop running?

See if you can turn it off from options. Install Nero 6, it's just as good and doesn't have all the useless crap (just believe me that I know somebody very well who knows the code very well. Infact, most of the programmers of Nero use v.6 themselves :p). If all else fails, install start-up utilities and let them block it right from the boot of the system.

Roto13
04-21-2007, 12:49 AM
There's a lot of crap in there and I can't find a way to turn it off. >_> I used Nero 6 for a while but it decided to zonk out of me and no number of re-installations would help it. It realized that it was pirated and refused to work any more. :P

Discord
04-21-2007, 04:40 AM
There's a lot of crap in there and I can't find a way to turn it off. >_> I used Nero 6 for a while but it decided to zonk out of me and no number of re-installations would help it. It realized that it was pirated and refused to work any more. :P

Well, Nero 7 is full of rubbish. I think everybody will agree on this one. I never installed it myself, for the reasons stated above, but is there any chance that you can deactive all the extra features by clicking "Custom" during the installation? You pretty much only need the Burning Rom, eh?

EDIT: I feel stupid now... Really stupid. I've been using the program for ages and only now I've noticed the wordplay in the "Burning Rom"... *gets an "idiot" stamp on the forehead*

Roto13
04-21-2007, 04:52 AM
If I just delete NMIndexStoreSvr.exe will it go away forever and not have negative repercussions such as random error messages? >_<

Mirage
04-21-2007, 05:15 AM
I doubt it :p.

Roto13
04-21-2007, 06:00 AM
Then I'm just gonna have to download it again or whatever. *le sigh*

ShunNakamura
04-21-2007, 08:54 AM
<span style="color:#FFCCFF">
Odd, I use Nero 7 and have absolutely no issues with it....Actually that catalog process never even runs on mine(though that may be because I only let Nero run when I need to use it[ie. it is not in the background running]).

You could also try killing the NMIndexStoreSvr process after you start up every-time (a bit of hassle but it might work).
</span>

Baloki
04-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Start > Run > type 'msconfig' > press enter> go to the services tab > untick NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

Now the service/process won't be loaded on Windows startup :D

Edit or just right-click My Computer, then click Manage, then go to services that way and just hit the properties of the service you want to manage and/or disable. Doing it the My Computer way also gives descriptions ^_^

Roto13
04-23-2007, 01:37 PM
I still love you, Baloki. Damn them for making me say it again.

Rostum
04-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Yeah, I have Nero disabled until I need to burn something.