PDA

View Full Version : Megaman Battle Network

Skyblade
04-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Having played the original MMBN, and MMBN3, I found that I have become a small fan of this series. Then I stumbled into number 4. This game has to be one of the worst sequels of all time. They reduce the number of chips in the game, allow far less customization (why did they remove the Style Change system? Except for not being able to choose the element, it was perfect!), they use inferior graphics, a nearly nonexistant plot, and one of the worst jobs of translating I have seen in a game in a long time (you couldn't go 15 minutes of gameplay without running into an extremely obvious typo), they allow less versatile folder use (unless you waste a lot of NaviCust spaces, you can't see more than 5 chips at a time. I understand giving users of +Custom pieces a lasting advantage, but it should have been added to the normal ten, not reducing everyone back to 5). Yeah, the Dark Chips were great, since I like the idea of powerful dark attacks that slowly corrupt and destroy you, but they weren't enough to salvage a game that didn't measure up to its predecessors in any other way. Anyway, since then two more sequels to the series have come out, and I'm wondering if they are as bad as four was. I like the series, but if four is setting the benchmark from here on out, I'm afraid I'll have to pass.

Feel free to discuss your own views of the series in here too (just try to have something positive to say).

aquatius
04-21-2007, 12:03 AM
I always found it too hard, but then I suck at games.

Roto13
04-21-2007, 12:34 AM
I've only played the first one. It was pretty cool.

Tasura
04-23-2007, 06:50 AM
I've played 1, 3 and 6, I've yet to play 2, 4 or 5, but 6 is good, 6 is almost better than 3, from what I rememebr of them at least.

Ramza Beoulve
04-23-2007, 07:46 AM
If there's "Megaman" in the title, I'll play it.

I have played 1, 2 and 3, and I have read the script of 6 (don't ask why), and I found them quite cool, loving the combination of rpg and action games, I find the BN series subpar in contrast to the Zero series, but they are great in their own way :D.

Polnareff
04-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Having played and owned every Battle Network game (including 4.5 Real Operation, Rockman.EXE WS, and Mega Man Network Tranmission), I can honestly say that 4 and 5 are the worst in the series. But 6 makes up for those two tenfold. Only thing about 6 is that Capcom made it too easy and kinda gave it a not-so-faithful translation. Oh, and they cut almost all the Boktai chips and stuff out too, for copyright reasons (but they did add extra areas to make up for it).

5 was even more boring than 4 IMO, only saving grace was that Protoman/Blues or Colonel were playable depending on the game you had (in the DS version of 5 you could play either version of 5). It was more like a strategy game though when it came to the liberation missions. Both 4 and 5 I only beat once or twice and then never picked up again.

ljkkjlcm9
04-23-2007, 05:55 PM
I've played em all as well. 3 is prolly the best, 4 was prolly the worst. 5 was saved by the DS game and being able to play both versions on one disk. I'm looking forward to Megaman Star Force, which is similar, but heading in a slightly different direction

THE JACKEL

JKTrix
04-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Was the Boktai removal thing because of Copyright stuff? I just thought it was because Boktai wasn't that popular, and it wasn't worth it to put all that stuff in there.

I have played through 1-4, some of 5 (though I stopped playing it) and I never picked up 6. I'm not even sure if I will pick up 6, but now that people are saying it's better I will put it in the back of my mind. It would be cool if Lunar Knights linked up with MegaMan Star Force somehow, the relationship between the RockmanEXE and Boktai series is pretty cool.

MMBN was one of the best series on the GBA, I am a pretty big fan of it.

Momiji
04-25-2007, 02:52 AM
OMG, 6 is out now?

Why don't people tell me these things ;_;

Anyway, I'm a fan of the series.