PDA

View Full Version : Best Level 5 Magic to get for Red mage

crazybayman
04-21-2007, 02:59 AM
My party consists of Fighter, Red Mage, Thief and Black Belt. What Level 5 magics should I aquire for my Red Mage? I've narrowed it down to the following 4 spells:

Cure 3
Life
Fire 3
Warp

Of course, if I wanted to get Warp, I'd have to wait until the class change. And right now I'm leaning towards Cure 3, Life and Warp.

Any suggestions?

aquatius
04-21-2007, 08:08 AM
Solution: Don't use red mages.

Meat Puppet
04-21-2007, 08:32 AM
For once (and what will probably be the only time) in my life, I find myself agreeing with gyrus.

ReloadPsi
04-21-2007, 09:52 AM
I hate you both. (And I don't feel like posting another anti-Black Mage rant moaning about how they stand in the back row hitting for single digit damage while you desperately conserve their spells for more sticky situations and waste all your time healing them and OH GOD CHANGING SUBJECT)

Skip Warp, and just get the other three. Warp becomes useless later when nearly all the dungeons warp you back to the entrance.

KentaRawr!
04-21-2007, 11:43 AM
A smartass is someone who makes a desperate attempt to be smart, and makes an ass out of himself in the process. Would this be a wit-ass? o_O

Anyway, the way I always went with RedMages was just getting the magic the other guys didn't get, unless that magic stunk.

Darkone311
04-23-2007, 07:03 PM
cure 4, needed cause you dont have a healer

crazybayman
04-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Man, what in the hell happened to the rest of the replies in this thread? It seems all the replies posted on Sunday were removed.....

Anyways, no Cure 4 for me, White Mage is too big a pussy for my party :p .

Black Mage FF1
04-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Yeah wtf happened to my post?

Oh and I think my new sig explains why one should never pick a black mage. ;)

sockmonkey
04-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Yeah I had a good post regarding ice cave strategy.

crazybayman
04-24-2007, 12:19 PM
All of which were good advice. I went ahead and did the Ice Cave and Castle of Ordeals, and got the class change. Had one fatality in the way of my Thief in the Castle of Ordeals (damn R.Goyles and their damn Fir2), but that was near the end, and I managed to run from a few battles, and then whoop the Zombie Dragon at the chest.

Now its on to Gurgu Volcano.

Flying Mullet
04-24-2007, 01:40 PM
The only reason your Red Wizard should get warp is if you don't have a White or Black Wizard in your party and you want to be able to leave the The Temple of Fiends with Masamune.

crazybayman
04-24-2007, 02:00 PM
The only reason your Red Wizard should get warp is if you don't have a White or Black Wizard in your party and you want to be able to leave the The Temple of Fiends with Masamune.
Right......so in order to leave the Temple of Fiends (or any other dungeon prematurely), I got Exit for my Red Wizard. I didn't bother with Warp, and instead got Cur3, Life and Fir3.

sockmonkey
04-25-2007, 05:27 AM
I'd hit the waterfall cave next since it's short and you can warp out after looting it.

ReloadPsi
04-25-2007, 09:55 AM
cure 4, needed cause you dont have a healer

Cure 4 is only needed if you have a White or Black mage. Everyone else's defense is good enough never to fall into such dire straits.

crazybayman
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Man, my Master has been awesome since the class change. He's been hitting for more than my Knight at times, without a weapon. Gurgu Volcano was a breeze. Defense is low though, but he's got decent HP.

But yeah, now its on to Gaia and the waterfall cave......

Dragonface
04-26-2007, 12:18 AM
My party consists of Fighter, Red Mage, Thief and Black Belt. What Level 5 magics should I aquire for my Red Mage? I've narrowed it down to the following 4 spells:

Cure 3
Life
Fire 3
Warp

Of course, if I wanted to get Warp, I'd have to wait until the class change. And right now I'm leaning towards Cure 3, Life and Warp.

Any suggestions?

Can you list all Lv5 magic?

Markus. D
04-26-2007, 06:42 AM

Cure 3
Life
Fire 3
Warp

Any suggestions?

Can you list all Lv5 magic?

FIR3 8000G Causes 50-200 FIRE damage to all enemies RM, RW, BM, BW Melmond

BANE 8000G Kills enemies instantly RW, BM, BW Melmond

WARP 8000G Sends party to previous level in dungeons RW, BW Melmond

SLO2 8000G Decreases one enemy's speed RM, RW, BM, BW Melmond

CUR3 8000G Restores 66-132 HP; one ally RM, RW, WM, WW Melmond

LIFE 8000G Resurrects one dead ally, giving 1 HP RW, WM, WW Melmond

HRM3 8000G Causes a 60-240 damage to all undead WM, WW Melmond

HEL2 8000G Restores a 24-48 HP; all allies WM, WW Melmond

Peter_20
04-26-2007, 04:28 PM
CUR3 - great healing magic, you should definitely get this one
LIFE - very, very important; get this one!
HRM3 - very useful against the Undeads, but not terribly important
HEL2 - not very important at all; besides, the Heal Staff has the exactly same effect

FIR3 - great magic, especially against the Undeads
BANE - pretty useful against Tiamat, but not that important
WARP - good if you want to go back some floors in a cave, but not important
SLO2 - lol, totally useless

To sum it up:

CUR3 / HRM3 / LIFE
FIR3 / BANE / WARP

crazybayman
04-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks people.

Long since that point though. With my Red Mage (who is my only mage) I got Life, Cur3 and Fir3. Instead of warp, I got Exit, which is level 6. I've gotten the class change, and just did the waterfall. Next is the Sea Shrine, once I get the fairy and Oxyale.

That would have been obvious, had we not lost all those posts. I guess that happened during the hosting or server switch, or whatever it is that went on.

At this point, I'm glad I went with the Fighter, Ninja, Black Belt and Red Mage. I find black and white mages too much of a liability, and not able to contribute to the physical melee enough for my liking. "Saving" magic for that one important battle drives me nuts, and having the Red Mage keeps my team physically strong overall, with enough healing ability to keep everyone alive, while being able to contribute to the physical attack. Plus my Master usually now hits for my than my Knight, without the need for expensive weapons.