PDA

View Full Version : "text" in gas chamber

Aerisfanatic
04-21-2007, 03:46 AM
people might find me stupid for doing this, but all well.... people dont really think about this but, you know the part of ff7 when scarlet traps tifa in the room filling with gas... well theres a key that you have too menouver tifa to grab,before this there is lettering at the top saying too move your arms and legs to get the key... at first i thought it was just the game telling you what to do, but then i thought what if it was a voice telling tifa what to do, like a friend helping and this was not too far from aeris' ***** so it got me thinking... what do you think?

darksword12
04-21-2007, 04:05 AM
I personally think it's just the game talking. I don't think Aeris would give mini-game directions from beyond the grave.

aquatius
04-21-2007, 07:28 AM
I personally think it's just the game talking. I don't think Aeris would give mini-game directions from beyond the grave.
The way you put it makes it sound so ridiculously benign.

Meat Puppet
04-21-2007, 07:41 AM
It could work.

Swift Strike
04-21-2007, 10:08 AM
it looks like every other message and they have not been from aeris, so im gessing its just the game :P

Chakan the forever man
04-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Has anyone ever run out of time on that part? I never tried sitting there and just waiting to see what happens. I don't think it does.

Shotgunnova
04-24-2007, 01:00 PM
I see no reason to believe it's anything other than narrative on maneuvering in the chair. There's another box that says to "Try different patterns. Try and combine two movements at once." -- that just confirms that it's directions rather than 'helpful hints' from a character.

cloud21zidane16
04-24-2007, 02:12 PM
hey has this thread been reposted because im sure i remember posting here?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-24-2007, 05:29 PM
actually i think it was aeris. when the talking first start you see tifa react to it by looking up which indicates she can hear it. also when she is on the cannon someone/thing tells her to run to the end of the cannon and she reacts to that to by looking round. i dont think this could have been anyone on board highwind as there is no way she would have heard them.

therefore aeris is helping from beyond the grave, therefore one more thing aeris has done that tifa hasn't, therefore aeris is the better n:D

Aerisfanatic
04-25-2007, 08:47 PM
actually i think it was aeris. when the talking first start you see tifa react to it by looking up which indicates she can hear it. also when she is on the cannon someone/thing tells her to run to the end of the cannon and she reacts to that to by looking round. i dont think this could have been anyone on board highwind as there is no way she would have heard them.

therefore aeris is helping from beyond the grave, therefore one more thing aeris has done that tifa hasn't, therefore aeris is the better n:Dhey... lets try not to turn this thread into something else

Mercen-X
04-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Has anyone ever run out of time on that part? I never tried sitting there and just waiting to see what happens. I don't think it does.
Was there a timer? I don't remember there being one.

cloud21zidane16
04-25-2007, 11:17 PM
Was there a timer? I don't remember there being one.

nope there wasnt one, tifa can hold her breath forever:screwy: Just like if you dont battle sephiroth meteor will never ever fall:D

Dr. Acula
04-26-2007, 05:25 AM
Tifa was talking to herself.:D

Ryushikaze
04-26-2007, 07:33 AM

Yes. It has.

Actually, it makes perfect sense for it to have been from the Highwind.
As for "no way she would have heard them", Loudspeakers. Wind carrying the sound towards her.
Similarly, it was probably another member of AVALANCHE who gave her the instructions in the chamber.
Parsimony. Use it.

therefore aeris is helping from beyond the grave, therefore one more thing aeris has done that tifa hasn't, therefore aeris is the better n:D

One- Don't make this a A v T thread. They generally don't end well for Aerith if we start getting overly critical.
Two- Y'know, I think Aerith hopping out of the stream like that, helping her friends, especially when she was complaining about feeling helpless in the lifestream, would have been mentioned Somewhere in Maiden who travels the Planet.

Max
04-30-2007, 07:49 AM
There was a title? I honestly don't remember.

NeoCracker
04-30-2007, 08:57 AM

Or, you know, it could have been making fun of "Out of No where" directions that tend to happen in RPG's a lot, making it singly the most intelligent thing about FF VII due to its amusing and clever joke about the subject.

vorpal blade
04-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Or, you know, it could have been making fun of "Out of No where" directions that tend to happen in RPG's a lot, making it singly the most intelligent thing about FF VII due to its amusing and clever joke about the subject.

I think this is a good guess. This explanation reminds me of the Beginner's Hall in the Sector 7 Slumsa when the various icons are being explained. When they get to the finger icon, Cloud says something like "Finger? What the hell?" So I think it's safe to say that they can see some things that only the player should see.

Aerisfanatic
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM

Yes. It has.

Actually, it makes perfect sense for it to have been from the Highwind.
As for "no way she would have heard them", Loudspeakers. Wind carrying the sound towards her.
Similarly, it was probably another member of AVALANCHE who gave her the instructions in the chamber.
Parsimony. Use it.

One- Don't make this a A v T thread. They generally don't end well for Aerith if we start getting overly critical.
Two- Y'know, I think Aerith hopping out of the stream like that, helping her friends, especially when she was complaining about feeling helpless in the lifestream, would have been mentioned Somewhere in Maiden who travels the Planet.
hmm i dont know about the loud speaker thing, cause if it were someone on the highwind wouldnt it show a blue box with whoever is talking on it?

The Crystal
05-04-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm sure that if it was Aerith, it would be writed in "Maiden". But it isn't, meaning that it wasn't her.

hanawa
05-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Owh people come on!

What you guys been discussing might not even triggered in the minds of the SquareSoft members.
Its just and simply the direction (instruction, or whatever you wanna call it) of the game. Like when you catch yourself a chocobo and hurray! U can ride it and galloping around. ~clear throat~
When you dismount it, some text will appear, asking you to set the bird free or to have it in the stable. Does that click?