PDA

View Full Version : More remakes coming?

Elpizo
04-21-2007, 09:07 AM
http://www.psu.com/node/9941

If this is true, I think Square finally colapsed under the presure of all VII fans who demand a remake for PS3.

Still, it'll be interesting to see which games they'll remake. FF IX portable, please?

Mirage
04-21-2007, 09:19 AM
S-E has now fully transformed into Japan's answer to EA.

Slade
04-23-2007, 09:02 AM
I was afraid of this.......

psyniac_123
04-23-2007, 09:13 AM
*cries*

Goodbye, faith.

NeoCracker
04-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Damn, my post was deleted during repairs.

Anyway, Read last last Paragraph of restarting all FF VII Rumours, and I don' feel like reposting it.

And it says sequals as well, so I have my hopes of for the Third Chrono Game, Chrono Break, which I remember hearing has been liscenced here, but Square never got around to making it.

Croyles
04-23-2007, 05:45 PM
I dont know how trustworthy this article is.

Im all for a FFVII remake, but they should concentrate MUCH more on newer titles.

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-23-2007, 06:29 PM
PLEASE REMAKE FF7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeoCracker
04-23-2007, 08:38 PM
NO FF VII! CHRONO BREAK!

*Eats Spawn of Sephiroth*

XxSephirothxX
04-23-2007, 10:27 PM
This report is based upon an article on a satire website, and is thus entirely untrue. Use your brain, anyway. Why would Square Enix be changing its business model when they already have devoted quite a bit of time and resources to remaking their old games? It's a joke, and a mockery, nothing more. :p

NeoCracker
04-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Damn it, I wanted Chrono Break.

Elpizo
04-24-2007, 06:31 AM
This report is based upon an article on a satire website, and is thus entirely untrue. Use your brain, anyway. Why would Square Enix be changing its business model when they already have devoted quite a bit of time and resources to remaking their old games? It's a joke, and a mockery, nothing more. :p

Because remaking games as much as they can would be só like Square Enix.

jammi567
04-24-2007, 09:51 AM
This is the end of the once proud and noble Square! *runs of*

Slothy
04-24-2007, 02:15 PM

Because remaking games as much as they can would be só like Square Enix.

No, re-releasing older games largely unchanged would be so like Square-Enix. It's quick and cheap, and gives us older folks a bit of nostalgia after the cartridge batteries have died, younger folks a way to experience old classics. It's not something they could ever base their whole business on.

bipper
04-24-2007, 04:05 PM
It is the only way the practice copyrights on thier games for an extended time, otherwise emulation would become legal/more practiced. Naturally, they don't want this. Sides, I already consider this there buisness model. all they do for new releases is try different mixtures of Emo+fashion+boobs+teenagers

Darth Anarcus
04-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Personally, I think the part about the remakes is great news because, personally, I think Square has lost their touch and no longer makes good Final Fantasy games, but remaking the past games that were good is a pretty swell idea in my opinion. The sequels part, however, concerns me. While I've got great ideas for expansions for a few of the Final Fantasy games (particularly FF8), I don't want Square handling it because of what I said about them losing their touch in making good new games.

This is why I still say that it's time for Square to hand over the Final Fantasy franchise to someone more competent; someone with good writers who write killer plots. Hell, give it to Bioware. They gave us KOTOR 1, so anything from them is bound to be good.

Flying Mullet
04-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Why can't people just wait until SE announces that they're remaking FFVII to start "announcing" it? People are stupid thinking that "I said/reported on it first!" makes them special or something... :smash:

Spawn of Sephiroth
04-24-2007, 06:06 PM
NO FF VII! CHRONO BREAK!

NO, CHRONO TRIGGER! Great Game!!!!

*Eats Neocracker*:monster2:

Elly
04-24-2007, 08:26 PM
i am so hoping they do Chrono Break and maybe a remake of CT for like either the DS or PSP preferably DS so they can keep the XABY(LR) Codes and in-game jokes in their original context... i still remember when the buzz over Break started shortly after the release of Cross of course dying out over time with very few ppl left holding onto the hope, but not holding their breath, now if they could get Toriyama, and Mitsuda on the project it would be golden, heck a reunion of the Dream Team would be awesome, but this is only what i would like and i will not hold my breath unless S-E outright says we're gonna get it/them, i'll keep holding onto the hope for Chrono Break as i have for nearly 7 years now, but i doubt they would really come through...

Slothy
04-24-2007, 11:28 PM
I recall hearing that the trademark for the name Chrono Break actually expired and Square never renewed it. Doesn't exactly give me hope for a Chrono sequel.

Garnie
04-24-2007, 11:44 PM
what did i tell yah...i told yah....didnt i tell ya........and yah diddnt belive me.
Well Garnie was rtight

Flying Mullet
04-24-2007, 11:47 PM
what did i tell yah...i told yah....didnt i tell ya........and yah diddnt belive me.
Well Garnie was rtight

People are stupid thinking that "I said/reported on it first!" makes them special or something... :smash:

FF_Chick
04-25-2007, 01:12 AM
I seriously think FFIV, V, and VI should get remade before 7. They only got ported. Ports aren't as good as remakes. FFIV-VI should get DS remakes. FF7 should get PSP or PS2 remake. Not for the PS3. FFVII is Anime not Realism like how FF13 looks.

Elly
04-25-2007, 01:38 AM
that is true Vivi, the TM did run out and they never did renew it, it would be nice if they did, cuz i'd like to see it happen myself but have no faith that it will, much like the hope for a FF VII remake will not be realized anytime soon if at all, there is no reason to remake a product that is still available, those wanting a VII remake will inevetably have to wait untill the original copies are phased out and if S-E does follow this new business model, it's a possability, but still not a stated fact, as the report did not specify any particulat titles slated to be remade or sequaled, it was very vague and there's no need to get ones hopes up on vague information...

Slothy
04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
there is no reason to remake a product that is still available, those wanting a VII remake will inevetably have to wait untill the original copies are phased out

Except you know, if they want to make more money. Copies of FFVII aren't being made anymore. If anyone wants it, they have to happen upon it in the used games pile in a store or hope they can get a good deal on Ebay if they don't want to pay a rediculous amount for it. The first never happens here, and the second is only slightly more likely. If anything, a remake would get the game into the hands of more who want to play it (a friend of mine has still never played it since he can never find a copy anywhere. I may just lend him mine someday if he continues to have no luck).

Elly
04-25-2007, 02:37 PM
wow, never played it huh, poor guy, anyway i still see many copies of VII floating around in West Texas, in stores unopened and unused, brand new copies, same for the Brady guide, in EB, Hastings, & evn Best Buy & Circuit City, and not to mention even Wal*Mart, still all over the place, so it's not quite phased out yet, they may no longer be pressed but it's a streatch to say they're already all gone from all store shelves...

Slothy
04-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Maybe not gone totally from stores in larger areas, but I've yet to see even a used copy at any game store in two provinces. I can think of one store that might have a copy if anyone would, but to say that they would charge too much for it if they did have it would be an understatement. I've never seen them do anything but try to rip people off with horribly inflated prices.

No.78
04-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Why SEVEN!?

Flying Mullet
04-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Because 7 8 9?

Mercen-X
04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
"Coming soon to a console near you: Dawn of the Keytrigger starring Lazar and Aran!"
:rolleyes2 Heh, Keyblade . . . gunblade . . . keytrigger.

Skyblade
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Such a shame. The remake will not be anywhere near as good as the original, mostly because the graphics will be inferior. Yeah, the PS1's graphics weren't the epitome of perfection, but at least they understood what they were doing. AC and the FFVII PS3 tech demo shows demonstrates hwo much perspective has been lost. FFVII had a cute, chibi/anime graphic style. It was awesome, and it worked. It also meant that some things got hugely exaggerated, most notably, Cloud's hair. That hair just does not work in a more realistic graphic style. It looks incredible stupid. And I'll have to see that hair 95% of the time I'm playing the game. No thanks, I'll stick to my original version.

Oh, yes, and Sephy also looked better in his original incarnation than he did in AC.

Goldenboko
04-25-2007, 10:36 PM
UPDATE: PlayStation Universe would like to apologise for the misinformation reported below. Whilst we always strive to provide you with the most reliable and important news, unfortunately we used an untruthworthy source for this article.

... Yeah.

NeoCracker
04-26-2007, 01:26 AM
NO FF VII! CHRONO BREAK!

NO, CHRONO TRIGGER! Great Game!!!!

*Eats Neocracker*:monster2:

REMAKE TRIGGER, CROSS, AND THEN MAKE CHRONO BREAK! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

*Devours Spawn of Sephiroths soul*(Well, whatevers left of it)

Bolivar
04-26-2007, 03:26 AM
UPDATE: PlayStation Universe would like to apologise for the misinformation reported below. Whilst we always strive to provide you with the most reliable and important news, unfortunately we used an untruthworthy source for this article.

... Yeah.

yeah, folks, this is reported as untrustworthy. so don't worry.

but it might as well be square enix's new policy. On the poster for the celebration they're having next month, it shows all of the FF titles that's coming out this/next year.

It shows 13 titles and most of them are remakes/spinoffs. I think all of them actually are except XIII.

GF_Diablos
04-26-2007, 10:51 AM
I think we should all take a break from bashing Square Enix for trying to make money, if you're not gonna enjoy the remake, ignore it. I loved VII same as I love all the FF games, if they remake it I will just play through it again to see the updated cutscenes. Can anyone who is throwing suggestions around that they would "ruin" it actually explain such a claim?
If you have played any of the other remakes you will notice they kept them very faithful. Especially if you factor in what they could have done (i.e. lets put Sephi as an optional boss in FFIII!!!!!)
SE have an excellent remake record and if you really enjoyed FFVII you would be happy to see SE bring it to a new generation with nextgen graphics. If you like the original better simply play that instead.
More especially you cannot deny there is a massive fan call for a VII remake, regardless of whether you agree it would sell like wildfire and SE marketing department know this, come on they are a company not a charity.
When we finally get info on when/if/how they will do a remake we can look for good and bad points until then we should be happy SE even bother trying to expand their gaming universes.

Bolivar
04-26-2007, 04:57 PM
I think we should all take a break from bashing Square Enix for trying to make money, if you're not gonna enjoy the remake, ignore it. I loved VII same as I love all the FF games, if they remake it I will just play through it again to see the updated cutscenes. Can anyone who is throwing suggestions around that they would "ruin" it actually explain such a claim?
If you have played any of the other remakes you will notice they kept them very faithful. Especially if you factor in what they could have done (i.e. lets put Sephi as an optional boss in FFIII!!!!!)
SE have an excellent remake record and if you really enjoyed FFVII you would be happy to see SE bring it to a new generation with nextgen graphics. If you like the original better simply play that instead.
More especially you cannot deny there is a massive fan call for a VII remake, regardless of whether you agree it would sell like wildfire and SE marketing department know this, come on they are a company not a charity.
When we finally get info on when/if/how they will do a remake we can look for good and bad points until then we should be happy SE even bother trying to expand their gaming universes.

exactly. personally i've enjoyed all of the remakes, I think IV and II especially have greatly benefitted from it.

Mercen-X
04-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Oh, yes, and Sephy also looked better in his original incarnation than he did in AC.
I actually thought he looked more like a f---ing cricket.

crazybayman
04-28-2007, 12:13 PM
I actually thought he looked more like a f---ing cricket.

Jiminy Cricket?
http://www.energyquest.ca.gov/teachers_resources/images/jiminy_140x143.gif

DM_Melkhar
04-29-2007, 05:13 PM
It wouldn't be a joke and a mockery IF they keep absolutely everything the same. I'm talking about being able to fly the Highwind, having the overworld, and keeping the music the same (but orchestrated like in AC). I am all for some additions to the game, like the rumoured other Weapon under the ocean that you cannot reach, and more Gold Saucer games, but if they took ANYTHING away from the game I think it'd probably ruin them completely.

Square were on the down slope when FFX plummeted (face it, it wasn't very popular with a lot of fans), and then even further with X-2, and then the mistake of XI (sure, some like it...but I found it to be too much of a pain in the arse to continue with). They've redeemed themselves to some degree with XII, but if they remake VII for the PS3, they've got to be DAMN CAREFUL.