PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Eyes on Final Fantasy Elections [Take 2]

Rad Zak
04-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Yo yo gangster flow. Times are changing here at Eyes on Final Fantasy. Like the old saying goes, out with the old, in with the new. Election time is rolling round again, and Election Booth? He is the old. He is just...that FACE. Us? We are just... that ace. We are also Rad Zak.
<o>
*hails Bruckner*
<o>
The grass is always greener over the fence past 6 neighbours, and we are that 7th neighbour. We're here to pick the Eyes on Final Fantasy Elections up off the ground and forward into the glorious new future. whatyagonnado. This fire was either accidental or started on purpose.
<o>
*Sits and stares and sits and stares*
<o>
GODDAMMIT PROTO! Will you marry me? UNLEASH THE FURY!! *copy paste DUH!
<o>
Don't trust any of them. We are the only sane ones here.
<o>
(only a knowman can save us now.)
<o>
The Setup
You all know how the Elections work, right? Well, we’re going to spell out the rules anyway. Firstly, there’s the issue of how the forum will be divided up.
<o>
This year, we’re separating it into five sections: General, Staff and Reference, Nerds in Paradise, The Quickening and The Smell of Fear, and The World is Square...and Enix. Each party may assign between 3 and 6 members to each section of EoFF. This means that to be an official party, you must have at LEAST 3 members for each section—however, if you find yourself in a bind, you may choose to cover only three or four forum sections, rather than all five sections. Still, you must keep at least 3 members in each “group.” This means the minimum number of members an official party can contain is 9, while the maximum number of members a party is allowed to contain is 30. Now, for the Parties.
<o>
The Parties
By the end of the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD (see below) your party must submit to us, via PM, a list with the following:
Your party leader
Your official party signature/banner
Your official party mascot
Your official party slogan
A finalized list of your members and the sections they will represent, styled like so:
General – DarthVader, Chodaboy, Mr. Deeds, Levian
Staff and Reference – TheCandyMan, GuyFawkes, Superman
And so on and so forth.
<o>
This year, things will be split up a bit differently. Here’s a lowdown of how things are going to be run.
<o>
The Time Frame
I bet you were thinking about ignoring the rest of this thread and setting up an Election Party thread as fast as your little fingers could work, huh? Well, hold off! Things aren’t going to work quite like they always have. Right now, we’re in the beginnings of the HYPE PERIOD. The HYPE PERIOD will consist of this weekend, and will officially end on Wednesday, 12 am UK time.
THE HYPE PERIOD (Duration: 3 days)
What is the HYPE PERIOD, you ask? Well, between now and Wednesday, feel free to blabber about the Elections in this thread, with your friends, in the shower—we don’t care! You have this time to think over whether or not you’d like to form your own party. Feel out your friends (or feel ‘em up, if they’re that kind of friend) and see if they’d be interested in joining your nebulous party. Maybe think up a slogan and a party banner—whatever you want! This is the preparation period for all of you to get ready for the Elections, and will hopefully guarantee everyone starts out on fairly even footing.
THE BURNING RUBBER PERIOD (Duration: 5 days)
As of midnight UK time on Wednesday, April 25th, The HYPE PERIOD is over and the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD has begun. At this time, you are free to create a thread for your party and let the spamming planning begin. By the end of the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD, you must have officially submitted your party to us. This is the beginning of the race, and you can read up a bit more on what kind of stuff you need to have done in the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD in The Setup.
THE RAVING KIWI PERIOD (Duration: 5 days)
Once the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD has come to a close, we’ll confirm the parties participating in the 2007 Eyes on Final Fantasy Elections. Then the tasks will be sent out. You will have five days to complete your group tasks and have them submitted to Rad Zak, at which time a new thread will be compiled with all of your submissions, which leads us to the final period…
THE HOME STRETCH (Duration: 5 days)
At long last, we’ve reached the end of this cursed event. Well, they’re just beginning now, but I’m sure that’s how we’ll feel in a couple weeks! During THE HOME STRETCH, all of your fantastic submissions will be displayed for the world to see, and the voting stage has officially begun. You’ll PM your votes to Rad Zak and then simply await the results. Or you could be an activist—to ensure the success of the Elections, bug your friends and make sure they all vote.
<o>
And that’s it! That’s the schedule. Note that we may extend the time frame of these stages by a day or two here and there to insure things run smoothly. Also, while you guys are busy working on your submissions or your voting or whatever, feel free to PM us asking for more time if you need it. As things stand, we feel this will work out about as well as that time Kramer made those hilarious black jokes drove to Michigan to make a fortune recycling bottles. Now, get ready for Wednesday and start posting excitedly ASAP!

Also, be cool and pretend we didn't post this two days ago and respond to this thread all over again.</o></o></o></o></o></o></o></o></o></o></o></o>

Levian
04-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Praise the lord and pass the potatoes

fire_of_avalon
04-23-2007, 02:01 PM
I kind of miss Election Booth. :(

ALSO WHO WANTS TO BE IN MY PARTY I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS YET?

Cz
04-23-2007, 05:36 PM
This is a wonderful surprise. Wonderful.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-23-2007, 05:40 PM
w00t! Elections are finally here!

I hope Fluffy Pink Party is revived!

Rad Zak
04-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Due to the server change business, the end of the HYPE PERIOD <s>has been pushed back one day, in case you guys didn't notice. So don't be makin' no parties until Tuesday night at midnight (technically Wednesday) UK time, okay?</s> Righteous.

Edit: So like, that got messed up a bit by my other personality. You don't want to listen to him, he's been known to frequent those seedy bars. The ones with the poles. You know what I mean. His mind isn't on the job.

But yeah, the Hype period ends when originally planned still, midnight on Wednesday GMT time. So wednesday evening for the American chappies. We'll let you know regardless, awright? Tubular.

Rocket Edge
04-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Gonna be interesting this year for me, as this is my first real encounter with the elections.

Sergeant Hartman
04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Ready to burn some rubber.

Tavrobel
04-23-2007, 08:19 PM
EoFF fails. Game over.

Khaotic
04-23-2007, 08:39 PM
I said it once, I'll say it again.

Sup.

NeoCracker
04-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Wait, do we have to have staff and everything decided?
I mean hell, I didn't even join a party until the threads came up last time and I Ended up as staff. And Mascot wasn't picked until later as well.

TyphoonThaReapa
04-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Hehehe... A'yo people! GUESS WHOS IN THIS YEARS ELECTION!!!!!! A'yo, I got love for all the little people ya' heard me!!! I'm comin' to kick ass and take names!!! Typhoon A.K.A Tha Reapa hates being politically correct!!!!!!! VOTE FOR ME!!!!!!:cool:

Hazzard
04-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Amen

Freya
04-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Wee it's spam time! election time!

oddler
04-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Yeah, what now, Cz. A freaking democracy. That's right. :choc2:

Christmas
04-24-2007, 01:40 AM
It seems like the first one marick, big bird.

EDIT: K, i just realize you aren't big bird. :(

Diango12
04-24-2007, 03:09 AM
Well things should get interesting then..

Denmark
04-24-2007, 06:13 PM
insert disapproving comment. insert comment on how i'll probably join whatever party i'm asked to and then NOT PARTICIPATE AT ALL

themagicroundabout
04-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Man, if only RSL were here, we'd make the most kickass party together. :(

Iceglow
04-24-2007, 10:30 PM
*looks at co-conspirators, the usual suspects they know whom they are* Take from them everything and give them nothing!

Psychotic
04-25-2007, 02:48 AM
It begins.

black orb
04-25-2007, 03:10 AM
>>> In the end no one will know or care who will win this..

Tavrobel
04-25-2007, 03:12 AM
At last, we shall have our revenge.

Let not a single rodent survive!

Rad Zak
04-25-2007, 03:14 AM
>>> In the end no one will know or care who will win this..
That's not the kind of spirit we need around here! No one may end up caring, but I'm sure quite a few people will know. Especially if we make sure to fix the results so Piechotic loses by a hair again.

Fonzie
04-25-2007, 03:16 AM
WHO ARE YOU RAD ZACK?! HOW DO YOU KNOW THESE THINGS?!

Also, this will be fun. :D

Baloki
04-25-2007, 03:17 AM
It begins.

Singeb ti.

Rad Zak
04-25-2007, 03:19 AM
Rad Zak has no C's. And our identity is a secret to everyone.

EDIT: To Fonzie. Baloki just can't help but get in the way sometimes.

Psychotic
04-25-2007, 03:20 AM
I told you a Broomish Party was a bad idea, bro.

Baloki
04-25-2007, 03:24 AM
I told you a Broomish Party was a bad idea, bro.

Orb, aedi dab a saw ytrap hsimoorb a uoy dlot i.

theundeadhero
04-25-2007, 11:09 AM
I've only heard of two parties so far. It's going to be Republicans vs the Labour party, isn't it? :(

Iceglow
04-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I need a hero!!!

Join us and together we will rule the forums!

fire_of_avalon
04-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I am going to start and lead a party this year. I have decided. Who wants to join my party?! I promise the theme will be interesting.

Enjolras
04-25-2007, 12:58 PM
I haven't been here long enough to even know what these elections are about, or what we're even sposed to do.
But hell, I'll join your party if you want.

...so whaddo I do?

Garnie
04-25-2007, 03:25 PM
I kind of miss Election Booth. :(

ALSO WHO WANTS TO BE IN MY PARTY I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS YET?

me me me !

eternalshiva
04-25-2007, 03:39 PM
I want to be in the sexy panties party again =( Where's Mik?

Rad Zak
04-25-2007, 04:21 PM
There are quite a few parties brewing out there. You better be ready. Or else.

fire_of_avalon
04-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Okay! Garnie and Enjolas, you are both totally in my party. I will PM you with details later.

Psychotic
04-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Why have an interesting theme when you can rehash old crap?

Tavrobel
04-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Because old crap is fun and interesting, you failure of a boob. Get back to your cave you devil-man!

I will crush you!

Elite Lord Sigma
04-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Oy, time to revive the Pirate Red Mages!

Agrias
04-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Read my sig or get your ears taken away by a rogue duck!

Rad Zak
04-25-2007, 11:51 PM
10 minutes, dudes and dudettes. Start your engines, grab hold of your surf boards, saddle your Psychotics, whatever--the race is about to begin.

Levian
04-25-2007, 11:51 PM
9 minutes~ :mog:

oddler
04-25-2007, 11:59 PM
I think I just became a man...

Rad Zak
04-26-2007, 12:02 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioassets/photos/2006/6/9/936_2.jpg

GO GO GO!!

Psychotic
04-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Posting Murray Walker = instant victory.

loben
04-26-2007, 12:07 AM
riding your mom= pwnage

Rad Zak
04-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Posting Murray Walker = instant victory.

I also forgot that this part was called the burning rubber period until after I'd posted it, so I had to go edit the title in.

I'm glad someone understood the referance though. Gnarly.

Mittopotahis
04-26-2007, 05:27 AM
Yay, elections! I have been really quiet on EoFF recently, maybe I should perk up a bit for the elections, eh?

Loony BoB
04-26-2007, 11:12 AM
I hope people don't mind that I labelled all threads to do with elections with "Elections: " - it was just getting really confusing as to which threads I want to read for casual posting and which would just end up being another party thread.

EDIT: This should also make it easy to not miss anything when we archive the threads later on. =]

fire_of_avalon
04-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Good job, BoB.

Freya
04-26-2007, 03:46 PM
BoB did something for once! Oh it's a miracle!

Loony BoB
04-26-2007, 03:48 PM
BoB did something for once! Oh it's a miracle!
:(

TyphoonThaReapa
04-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Lol, they tryin' to play you BoB son!:mwahaha:

Freya
04-26-2007, 03:52 PM
I love you BoB!

TyphoonThaReapa
04-26-2007, 03:52 PM
I love you BoB!

She's lying:tongue:

Freya
04-26-2007, 03:54 PM
I do that sometimes but this time I'm not! BoB you did a very god job by changing it to the election: thing.

Loony BoB
04-26-2007, 04:03 PM
*beams with pride*

TyphoonThaReapa
04-26-2007, 04:04 PM
*beams with pride*

Don't buy it BoB son. The heart is a fragile thing...

Loony BoB
04-26-2007, 04:06 PM
*beams with pride*

I know, my girlfriend twists it so! But I'm always happy to have a fan. :aimsun:

TyphoonThaReapa
04-26-2007, 04:07 PM
*beams with pride*

I know, my girlfriend twists it so! But I'm always happy to have a fan. :aimsun:

Lol, What the hell are you talkin' about? I don't like you...:tongue:

Loony BoB
04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah, but Lekana likes my thread title editing. 8-)

TyphoonThaReapa
04-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah, but Lekana likes my thread title editing. 8-)

I'm warning you...She's a blood sucking vamp...

Rocket Edge
04-26-2007, 07:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioassets/photos/2006/6/9/936_2.jpg

GO GO GO!!
:D

Captain Maxx Power
04-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Don't worry people, you can all relax, the winning party (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=104558) is already here. :cool:

theundeadhero
04-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't know what party some people are in because they're being creeps and not changing their signatures.

Rad Zak
04-26-2007, 10:19 PM
I thought it'd be prudent to give you dudes a quick synopsis of the party situation as it stands right now, not even a full 24 hours into the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD.

Already taking a lead in membership are The MsPaint Party (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=104531) led by Psychotic (which is already maxed out at 30 members) and The Badass Mothersmurfers Party (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=104533) led by the sexy fire_of_avalon. Of course, having more members doesn't necessarily mean a thing, and we have quite a few more interesting parties in the race, as well: The Furry Party (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=104532), The Brotherhood of NOD (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=104534), The Hero Party (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=104538), The Chocobo Lovers Party (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=104554), The BAoTW Party (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=104539), and, of course, the Cupermoowaowa (The new Pirate Red Mages!) (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=104558).

With several days left for the parties to form, and for new ones to pop up (Diango's naughty party sems to be MIA) we'd like to encourage you guys to take a look at all of them and join the one that best reflects your own moral philosphy. Or something. Maybe just look at their cool pictures.

Iceglow
04-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Nice to see Rad that you see the furry party for what they truly are they're just disguising themselves as innocent anime freaks!

loben
04-27-2007, 12:20 AM
the final fantasy party/ ms paint / soon to be spartan party should be banned from elections!!!
Elections should be fair, right? as the have changed their name ( and plan to do again in the future) and have changed the accual name of the thread they post in, they have an unfair advantage/ability through that! and what other powers does phycotic have that the rest of us don't?

Psychotic
04-27-2007, 12:24 AM
I don't know what you're talking about. We have always been the MsPaint Party and we always will be.

Regarding my ability to change a thread's title, I will gladly change the title of any party's thread if the maker of said thread PMs me.

loben
04-27-2007, 12:30 AM
my proof is that reds post up there that clearly states "FInal Fantasy party" is linked to the mspaint thread, amoung various other references!!!! WHY DO YOU BLANTENTLY LIE TO US!!!!!

My demands is to have a list of everything you can do as a moderator and have the ability for everyone to pm you to have you do those things.

Zeromus_X
04-27-2007, 12:33 AM
*casts Hastega*

Iceglow
04-27-2007, 12:36 AM
THere never was a Final Fantasy party.....it sounds like something those crazy furries would come up with as they go around YIFFing the Pirate Red Mage party

Yes Rad got corrupted by the YIFFing too since his post is wrong, the whole thing that he has a dog for an avatar must be going against him

Psychotic
04-27-2007, 12:40 AM
my proof is that reds post up there that clearly states "FInal Fantasy party" is linked to the mspaint thread, amoung various other references!!!! WHY DO YOU BLANTENTLY LIE TO US!!!!!Are you feeling alright, Bjeremy? I think you are seeing things!
My demands is to have a list of everything you can do as a moderator and have the ability for everyone to pm you to have you do those things.Hey, why not cut out the middle man and make everyone a mod?

loben
04-27-2007, 01:03 AM
if that is a solution your willing to take care of, then sure, why not?

If you keep lying about something as big and as blatent as your parties old name, then what keep you from lying yo us about other things? and the fact that my prior evidence has been edited just shows how much unbalancing power you weild!!! If you were elected, this forum would be ruled by you with an iron hand!!! worse than Communism!!!!

Psychotic
04-27-2007, 01:08 AM
I haven't lied about my party's old name. It's never had an old name.

Oh my god, the CP-BAoTW-PRM Party has Zeromus_X!!! he is a Cid's Knight!!!! he used his power to merge the threads together!!!! sweep jesus, this changes the course of the elections!!!! NAY, THE COURSE OF HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those in glass houses, Bjeremy... ;)

PS: I already do rule this forum with an iron hand which is worse than communism. That's the whole point of the EoFF staff, you know.

Rad Zak
04-27-2007, 04:21 AM
The Party Formerly Known as The Final Fantasy Party now wishes to be referred to as The MS Paint Party. Whatever floats their collective boats.

In the spirit of competition, the staff definitely shouldn't mess with opponent party threads, but as for changing thread titles, merging threads, etc., they're perfectly within their rights. There's no restriction on staff involvement in parties, unlike the rules have sometimes stated in the past.

EDIT: And BAoTW and the Pirate Red Mages are now one. Forgot about that bit! Rock on you united atheist pirate people.

Christmas
04-27-2007, 04:31 AM
I thought you can only change your name after six months of registration!

Anaisa
04-27-2007, 12:57 PM
I don't know what party some people are in because they're being creeps and not changing their signatures.But some of those people could have valid reasons. I was about to change my signature, but I had a cake in one hand at the time. I took a bite out of it, an it was supposed to have buttercream in it, but there was virtually none in there! So then I was concerned that all my cakes could be substandard, an I wanted to check. I had a milkshake at the time, an I thought I better drink that before looking at my cakes, incase it went warm or something. So then I had to check my cakes. They were all ok, so it was safe to continue with my sig business. But then someone called me with news that was not to my liking. I decided that changing my signature was obviously a risky business, an I kept the Seals.

Quina
04-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Where is my good friend Election Guy? :(

yanis
04-28-2007, 12:12 AM
The Party Formerly Known as The Final Fantasy Party now wishes to be referred to as The MS Paint Party. Whatever floats their collective boats.

Why would anyone call us The MS Paint Party:confused:
EDIT: ...or The Final Fantasy Party...

Psychotic
04-28-2007, 12:20 AM
It's okay, yanis, I don't think he's talking about us.

Yamaneko
04-28-2007, 12:57 AM
Congrats to all the winners.

Renmiri
04-28-2007, 02:33 AM

Yeah, we've always been the Sparta party

Christmas
04-29-2007, 02:59 PM

lol

Tempest
04-29-2007, 03:03 PM

lol

Alright. Who edited that and made us the Sparta Party? :irked:

Hazzard
04-29-2007, 03:05 PM

lol

Cheeky sods...:rolleyes2

yanis
04-29-2007, 04:43 PM

lol

Yeah, obviously it's edited...it's bold!!!
Why people are changing our party's name all the time...that's mean!!!:whimper:

Christmas
04-29-2007, 04:45 PM

lol

rofl

Iceglow
04-29-2007, 05:38 PM
We've ALWAYS been the Soviet Imagery is HIP party!

yanis
04-29-2007, 05:42 PM
We've ALWAYS been the Soviet Imagery is HIP party!
You must be careful, Stef...I'm sure they'll edit what you said now!!!
It's so hard to remember our pary's name:confused:

Captain Maxx Power
04-29-2007, 08:50 PM

lol

rofl

Quote pyramids are awesome and cool and all the Non-Elitist kids do it. :cool:

Iceglow
04-29-2007, 11:07 PM
the soviets, we are too elite for such things as these quote pyramids.

yanis
04-30-2007, 12:14 AM
the soviets, we are too elite for such things as these quote pyramids.
Look what they did to your post (and my)...Now everybody will think we're some kinda soviet party...:(

Iceglow
04-30-2007, 12:17 AM
GOD DAMNIT PROTO SORT IT OUT!!! THEY KEEP EDITING OUR POSTS!

Fatal Impurity
04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Dammit! I've been here for 2 elections...and ive practically missed both of them. But this year its different...they've just gone and screwed everything up and ihave no idea how to set up a party and what the whole different forum section thing is about. Can someone explain how to set up a party? :confused: :confused: :confused:

black orb
04-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Can someone explain how to set up a party? :confused: :confused: :confused:
>>> You already did it.

and someone already killed your thread..

Levian
04-30-2007, 10:50 AM
I merged your post in with the Election thread. Read the first post here if you want to know how to make a party. Basically all you have to do is come up with a good idea, a name and maybe a cool banner. When you have all that, make a thread. Just look at what everyone else did. However, you'll need 9 party members to compete in the next round and there's only one day left, so I doubt there will be many partyless people around here. But feel free to try your luck. :mog:

black orb
04-30-2007, 11:05 AM
>>> See, its easy. And this year everyone just used the name and the cool banner to make a party.

Rad Zak
04-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Just to give you guys a heads up, today is the final day of the BURNING RUBBER PERIOD. This means we're on the verge of really getting these Elections moving, so you guys all need to submit the official PM to me by the end of the day. Remember, you must have at least 9 members to be an official party, with at least three members covering at least three of the five sections.

Cowabunga, dudes. Get us those PMs! (http://forums.eyesonff.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=28178)

Renmiri
04-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Burn rubber burn!

Last day, right ?

Rad Zak
05-02-2007, 07:31 PM
We extended the BURNING RUBBER period by a day so as to get in every party that wanted to officially join the Elections, and that ended last night. Expect a new thread soon, and get ready to start the meat of the competition.