PDA

View Full Version : help needed in ff-XII please

Shinobi
04-23-2007, 01:26 PM
im stuck on the dreadnaught after you free ashe from the cells.
the guards keep coming from all over and im getting wiped out.
can anyone help?:confused:

gudkid
04-23-2007, 02:26 PM
have you got the system's key? the one you get from the judges that you have to fight when you get ashe out of the cell? you have to use it. i just forgot where to use it though but it also has a "system" on it's name. it require's the action button. if i remember correctly, that thing or machine i mentioned should be found on the left side of the field when you get ashe out. the zone next to the cell. when you activate it, you get 30 seconds to run like hell to the hangar where you will have to face Judge Ghis. while running, if you want to avoid unwanted battles, hold the FLEE button. having all your characters to have at least one quickening each is a very great help if your good with quickening chains. you just go directly to Ghis. once the battle starts, hit him with at least a 7 hit quickening chain. that is if you want to end it quickly.

but i'm not sure if i helped you a lot. i haven't touched the game for 2 months now. all i wrote were my faint remembering.

Renmiri
04-23-2007, 07:05 PM
There is a moogle merchant right next door to Ashe's cell. Buy what you can, go forward, fight a couple of soldiers, go back to the moogle, sell the loot, buy more potions, save.

Repeat this routine a couple of times, at least till you are level 13 and with a stock full of Phoenix Down and Potions. Then do the System key trick she mentioned above.

Savannah
04-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Level up. If the situation is as I remember it to be, you can either go out, wander around and fight the guards, or you can set off the alarm and fight them in greater numbers. You want to fight them normally for a while and raise your levels, then set off the alarms. There's nothing you can do to make them stop coming at you. I know I had a problem here too, and I had to grind a bit.

dragontamer
04-24-2007, 01:41 PM
well, after i beat the judjes by the skin of my teeth, the way i leveled up was by:

save

go into the corridor (have gambits set to use heal magic rather than items. 60 or 70 percent health. no lower)

pick up a book and let your guys fight until theyre all wiped out.

change the party to the two (prefrebly strongest) reserve characters.

Leg it back to the save crystal and save.

repeat as nessecery.

Human Devil
04-24-2007, 11:48 PM
The Judges you fight before you rescue Ashe was harder to me than fighting Ghis.
Anyway. Just take down his little flunkies first and cast slow if you can becuase he's not immune to it. And if you manage to do this succesfully it will make the battle very easy.

Have a few people with Quickenings (I only had I think 3 people with them.) but chain them and the battle should be over pretty quick. You dont even have to take his health bar down all the way.

Dr. Acula
04-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Lol I didn't even have any Quickenings by that part of the game. I just fought 'em all off.

Shinobi
05-01-2007, 08:04 PM
thanx for the help, have not played in a while, stuck at the judge with the gold armor now, but i'll try that level up method.

JAS4Yeshua
05-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Leveling up is essential. The battles only get harder from here, unless you have enough levels for your party. ;)

Shinobi
05-03-2007, 07:46 AM
So what level do you think is the best for my guys to take on the judge?

Renmiri
05-03-2007, 05:59 PM
15 should be ok. 20 if you want to be sure

JAS4Yeshua
05-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I don't remember what level I was when I defeated the judge. I remember the battle when quick from a good quickening chain that I was able to get. I was somewhere between 15th and 20th level, I think.

Renmiri
05-04-2007, 02:39 AM
It was a breeze at 22 for me, most people do it at 15-16 but I over levelled a bit.

Shinobi
05-04-2007, 08:59 AM
did it, i was able to beat him on levels 11, 12, and 13.
now im stuck in the sand sea, where is the save crystal in this HUGE map? the red orbs or elementals or whatever they are kill my team in less than 5 mins!:mog:

Setzer Gabianni
05-04-2007, 09:13 AM
..well if you checked the elementals stats out, if its the one I am thinking of, it's level 45. These guys don't attack you whatsoever, they only retaliate if you cast magic around them.

Markus. D
05-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I turned all my magic gambits off for that part.

only using them when the coast was clear.

Like in FFXI. the Elementals are about at least 5x harder than the other monsters in the area.

Shinobi
05-04-2007, 05:17 PM
and they are immune to physical attacks.

Hazzard
05-05-2007, 10:38 AM
and they are immune to physical attacks.

No they're not, your characters might just be too weak and on a very low level, compared to the elements/entites.