PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Dragon and Dungeon.....

Dragon Mage
04-24-2007, 04:03 AM
Sadly, on April 19th, Wizards announced that they will no longer publish Dragon and Dungeon magazine. Instead, the magazines will be fully transfered over to the internet, in order to allow more D&D players access to these magazines.

Discuss.

NeoCracker
04-24-2007, 04:08 AM
Meh, I never Subscribed anyway.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-24-2007, 07:31 AM
The content will still be available and Paizo will begin the publication of Pathfinder, an adventure path-oriented magazine. I'm not particularly surprised nor do I really see anything terrible about it, magazines aren't nearly as profitable as they were several decades ago.

Araciel
04-24-2007, 05:28 PM
i do, however, like the ability to read something that's not on my computer screen. i guess i'm just old-fashioned like that but it's annoying to me especially when i'm in a gaming mood, since i don't have a lappy.

ValkyrieWing
04-25-2007, 05:45 AM
well~

It'll be more accesible, at least.

VorpalCyberWolf
04-25-2007, 06:38 AM
I guess I won't get that subscription I was going to get then.

Shoeberto
04-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I'll miss the comics that I occasionally read whenever my friend had his copy of Dragon.

Araciel
04-25-2007, 10:07 PM
once again, i'm pretty sure you can find all of those comics online, though without being featured in the magazines, i wonder if they'll continue now :S

Dragon Mage
04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes, the comics still continue. Order of the Stick is an online comic that is simply added to Dragon and Dungeon magazine.

But the whole internet transfer ticks me off. I have dial-up, which is slower than a moving mountain. If they make it PDF files, i'm really screwed. It takes hours and hours to load. Dragon and Dungeon are now virtually unaaccesible to me.