PDA

View Full Version : Differences?

Baloki
04-25-2007, 03:56 AM
What's the difference between a cross and a trigger?

Zechs
04-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Cross is a playout of events that differ from its counter twin. During the timeflow each encounters the same event but ends a different way.

And Trigger is a set of events that are triggered by the use or inclusion of an item not meant to exist, or to reverse an event that had already happened.

Rostum
04-25-2007, 07:52 AM
One's about time travel, the other is about parallel universes.

blackmage_nuke
04-25-2007, 08:04 AM
He said between a cross and a trigger, not between the games

One makes the people who carry it around feel powerful and better than everyone else, and the other is part of a gun

McLovin'
04-26-2007, 10:18 PM
What's the difference between a cross and a trigger?

Jesus.

Roogle
04-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, and...

Was it meant to be Chrono Break or Chrono Brake, really? The titles of the games have some significance in the plot.

Zeality
04-27-2007, 12:31 AM
A Chrono Trigger is any object or person who unleashes his, her, or its will upon history and changes the course of time. This is the verbatim explanation given by Lucca at the end of Chrono Cross. In Chrono Trigger, the Trigger was the Time Egg used to revive Crono, and Crono himself was a Chrono Trigger (as he alludes at the end of Chrono Cross). Serge was also a Chrono Trigger, as Lynx and Crono both designate him such.

The Chrono Cross is a Dragonian "Element" capable of wondrous healing or transdimensional effects used to restore the dimensions to one and free Schala from the Time Devourer fusion. It was created by the fusion of two Dragonian artifacts in each dimension.

I guess I'll stick with Chrono "Break", since that's what the United States trademark specified.

Roogle
04-27-2007, 12:43 AM
It's always a pleasure to see you around, Zeality. I know you from a ton of different places.

I wonder if there was any point to calling it Chrono Brake and Chrono Break - they mean two very different things.

sephirothishere
04-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I can't wait for 'chrono bake'.

sockmonkey
04-28-2007, 04:09 AM
That would lead to Chrono cake. :D

(I'm so glad I got that joke in first)

Angi-Kaiser
04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Sadly, I doubt that we will ever see it. Square-Enix withdrew the copyright from the U.S., and haven't talked about it at all since the fact that they had copyrighted it was mentioned.