PDA

View Full Version : The Log-Out Page on the Forum... (spoilers)

Savannah
04-26-2007, 03:01 PM
This has probably been addressed, but I haven't seen any threads about it, so. . .

Has anyone considered that the log-out page on the forum is a little too spoilerific? I mean, I'm sure most people here have played FFVII, but there are new guys coming in all the time, I'm sure, and if I had visited this page a few years ago, before I'd finished the game, I would be pretty pissed.

ReloadPsi
04-26-2007, 03:12 PM
There's a picture of Aeris laying dead on the back of the box, plus it becomes kind of obvious if you watch Advent Children. Anyone who can't work it out from that is probably the same kind of moron we wouldn't want visiting these forums anyway, as they're also the kind of morons who behave in such a manner that gets their asses banned within five hours, long before they get to see that logout message.

Case closed!

Savannah
04-26-2007, 03:52 PM
There's a picture of Aeris laying dead on the back of the box,

Is there? I've had it for a while now and I never noticed.

plus it becomes kind of obvious if you watch Advent Children.

But why would anyone who hasn't played the game watch Advent Children?

cloud21zidane16
04-26-2007, 04:37 PM
if they are playing the game theyre gonna find out sooner or later anyway,
spoilers happen:yap: if you dont want to know them dont visit these forums until youve completed the game unless you need help

BarelySeeAtAll
04-26-2007, 04:58 PM
what if they dont play the game, have never thought about the game, never seen ac, and has only played past the whole seven thing....obviously including spin-off like games and whatnot....i know this is just major, not-rightism, but it could have happened
i never thought of it this way, since so many already know about sephi dong that to pooooor lil aerith/s

Roto13
04-26-2007, 05:01 PM
But why would anyone who hasn't played the game watch Advent Children?

The same reason everyone else watches Advent Children. The action scenes.

crazybayman
04-26-2007, 05:17 PM
OMG I CAN'T LEAVE EoFF OR I'LL DIE

I HAVE TO STAY HERE FOREVER WTF

Levian
04-26-2007, 05:28 PM
It's been 10 years since the game was released, so anyone vaguely interested in FF probably knows everything about that by now. Besides, it doesn't really mean anything if a character dies in a fantasy game, there's always some silly way to resurrect them. Well, in most cases. (Take FFIV as an example. A minority of the characters didn't supposedly die.) I was pretty sure myself that she'd be resurrected by the end of the game when I first played.

But I agree with you, spoilers are incredibly annoying, it's pretty hard to avoid them while discussing the game on the internet.

Anyway, it'll probably get removed soon when the joke gets old.

MJN SEIFER
04-26-2007, 06:36 PM
There's a picture of Aeris laying dead on the back of the box,
Case closed!

There is a picture of her Lying down on the back of the box. There is no inplication she is dead. (Although she is)

Savannah
04-27-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm not saying that most fans haven't played FF7 by now, but it's not that unlikely that someone is introduced to FF by the newest game of the series, the one being currently talked about, the one on the shelves now for rental-- not one that was made 10 years ago and is getting more expensive and harder to come by. Also, someone who comes here just for, say, the FFXII forum and avoids the FFVII forum completely will still see the image because it shows up whenever you log out. So you're saying that anyone who comes here is asking for it and deserves to expect every game to be spoiled for them? Why bother with spoiler tags, then?

If one of you were in the minority who hadn't played it, you'd probably be singing a different tune.

rubah
04-27-2007, 02:25 AM
I knew about aeris long before I ever played ff7. I mean, it's not like it's everyone on the internet or anything, you know.

Besides you ought not be logging out 8) unless you're in a public space or something!

Psychotic
04-27-2007, 02:58 AM
There was an announcement a couple of years ago which basically said that if something is more than 3 years old, you don't need to be careful about spoilers for it.

EDIT: It's still there if you want to see it. It was made by Kishi in June '05.

Christmas
04-27-2007, 03:10 AM
I alway log out just for the sake of seeing that. :bigsmile:

Savannah
04-27-2007, 03:37 AM
There was an announcement a couple of years ago which basically said that if something is more than 3 years old, you don't need to be careful about spoilers for it.

I dunno, I think there's a big difference between not being careful about something and forcing everyone on the forum to see it. I just don't think it's fair to someone who is being legitimately careful not to spoil the game for themselves (which I was doing 3 or 4 years ago when I first came here, but hadn't finished FFVII yet).

Besides you ought not be logging out 8) unless you're in a public space or something!

I know I, for one, don't want the people I work with logging onto my name and laughing at my dorky FF ways :P

Shin Gouken
04-27-2007, 11:42 AM
I played it for the first time a couple of years ago... i knew nothing about the game when i picked it up. I found out aeris died in 5seconds flat... its IMPOSSIBLE not to know

ReloadPsi
04-27-2007, 12:06 PM
There is a picture of her Lying down on the back of the box. There is no inplication she is dead. (Although she is)

Cloud's holding her body and staring at her face. That's pretty damn conclusive.

Meat Puppet
04-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Many moons have passed since I:
http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=2105323&postcount=2

And Kishi’s announcement doesn’t change anything, since I was still getting traumatizing warnings for using unmarked spoilers about that girl’s (Aeris) death for a long time after his smurfing announcement.

MJN SEIFER
04-27-2007, 04:08 PM

Cloud's holding her body and staring at her face. That's pretty damn conclusive.

He's holding her yes, But she doesn't look that dead concidering it's a still shot. If it was moving (Inpossible) we'd know as she wouldn't be.

I actually thought it was a romantic scene until I saw her die.

Goldenboko
04-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Easy solution... Never log out of EoFF :mwahaha:

cloud21zidane16
04-27-2007, 05:38 PM
I alway log out just for the sake of seeing that. :bigsmile:

:laugh: not an aeris lover then;)

Polaris
04-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Everuyone knows Aeris died on that FF even my sister knows it!:rolleyes2

Savannah
04-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Everuyone knows Aeris died on that FF even my sister knows it!:rolleyes2

No, not everyone knows.

CimminyCricket
04-27-2007, 09:01 PM
First, who the hell actually logs out?
Second, this has to be the fifteenth thread on this. I'm
so sick of it that I haven't even read the whole thing, I don't care if someone has already stated this, I'm sure there will be fourteen more within the next month.

Savannah
04-28-2007, 05:18 PM
First, who the hell actually logs out?

Plenty of people. It's a bit stupid to assume that everyone here is browsing from a computer that isn't used by anyone else.

Second, this has to be the fifteenth thread on this. I'm
so sick of it that I haven't even read the whole thing, I don't care if someone has already stated this, I'm sure there will be fourteen more within the next month.

No one forced you to open the thread. I looked and didn't see any, so *shrugs*

Levian
04-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Oh, he's overreacting a bit, this is only the second thread on the topic. :mog: I think the other thread was in another forum too.

But yeah, I see your point. I'd kill someone if they spoiled Silent Hill for me.

NeoCracker
04-28-2007, 11:03 PM
if they are playing the game theyre gonna find out sooner or later anyway,
spoilers happen:yap: if you dont want to know them dont visit these forums until youve completed the game unless you need help

Well how do you cover for the guy who put FF XII spoilors, in spoilor tags, in the FF VII forum, and mentioning nothing about FF xII except in the tags itself, but you already know who the main villain is because, stupid you, you assumed they were FF VII spoilers, as it was in the FF VII Forum, and not once had FF XII even been mentioned in the thread until that point?

Savannah
04-29-2007, 05:50 AM
I'd kill someone if they spoiled Silent Hill for me.

If it had been a Silent Hill spoiler, I would've had to hunt someone down.

Cookie
04-29-2007, 06:04 AM
I think a few of you would look pretty snazzy on that logout page.

cloud21zidane16
04-29-2007, 03:25 PM
it might sound stupid but whose to say shes dead in that picture, she may survive:joker:

MJN SEIFER
04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
I think it should be changed anyway. Not because it's potential spolier, but It's also offensive. And you haters can keep your opinion here, You most probably love the picture, but thoes who like(d?) her would probably want her death to be properly respected.

Cookie
04-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Respect your dead game friends you heathens >:0!

crazybayman
04-30-2007, 07:19 PM
but I thought you could revive aeris :(

Savannah
04-30-2007, 11:56 PM

No, thank god.

Dr. Acula
05-01-2007, 08:10 AM

No, thank god.