PDA

View Full Version : Things u can miss ingame

Xeozin
04-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Hey all :)

well im an old ff fan and have played almost every ff game to date, some several times, and after i have played wow for 2 years i putted on ff 7 in my ps yesterday and i had forgotten what a great game was all about, so i bougth ff 12 and stopped wow this day BUT i dont have the same time to play as i used to have and i hear ff 12 is rather long and i doubt i have time for playing it 2 times in the near future (but i always enjoy getting all the stuff in games and killing the extra hard last bosses and such).

So i was wondering if anyone could tell me things theres missable like sidequests and stuff and when ( would be happy if its in the order u find them ingame :) or maybe a link for a guide to it all without spoilers.

also it seems so far that i have to sell a lot stuff to vendors to get money, but are there some items i shouldnt sell? or is all the loot from mobs vendor trash? or is there some of the items i need later on for something.

and pls if u can no spoiling the story and such, thats why im afraid to look in guides for this if it spoils to much.

so far thx alot :) Xeozin

Roogle
04-26-2007, 11:41 PM
I believe there are a few items that should remain unsold for the purposes of sidequests, but feel free to sell any items obtained from monsters while leveling your characters or proceeding through a dungeon.

GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/459841.html) has some excellent guides for this purpose.

Roto13
04-26-2007, 11:55 PM
The only missable thing I can think of that you can't get anywhere else is the Zodiac Spear.

To get that, DO NOT OPEN the chest near Old Dalan's place, the one(s?) in the basement of the castle, the ones in the storage room of the dungeon, and the ones in a giant group on Phon Coast.

Roogle
04-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Oh, yes - the Zodiac Spear, one of the ultimate weapons in the game - is missable by decisions made in the first five hours of the game.

I would follow Roto13's advice and check up on a guide to make sure that you can obtain the weapon.

Renmiri
04-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Well it depends.... The game is pretty straight forward and easy to finish BUT... The story is weak and characters are bland. IMHO what is good about XII is the hunts, sidequests and gameplay. So you will be missing the best part.

Sidequests: There are only two little sidequests that you need to complete the game: making a sunstone (first 5 hours) and the "pine chops" quest in Archades (middle of the game)

Hunts: You only need to do one hunt: The Rogue Tomato (first hunt). All others are optional

Selling Loot: Nothing that you sell will prevent you from completing the game. Keep only teleport stones. They are pretty handy.

Bear in mind that by not doing hunts, not doing sidequests and selling all loot you will miss the best weapons and armor in the game and quite a few Aeons (Espers). And barely enjoy what people like most in XII: The hunts.

Xeozin
04-27-2007, 03:53 AM
ah thx for the fast feedback :)

it seems i have to start over then ( wasnt so far anyway ) to get that spear later on.

But so far im so disapointet with the game :( i just escaped wow, and it seems they made the game like wow now and i have to make my chars into bots, the story and charaters dont seem very interesting either like the good old ff games :(

But ill give it a try, maybe it turns out better latter :)

oh and btw a friend told me its the same world as ff tactics and some of the story is connected to it can anyone confirm that?

theundeadhero
04-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Yeah, it's Ivalice.

No.78
04-27-2007, 03:47 PM
It is possible to attain Zodiac Spear by other means but it's almost impossible.

Renmiri
04-27-2007, 05:48 PM
ill give it a try, maybe it turns out better latter :)

oh and btw a friend told me its the same world as ff tactics and some of the story is connected to it can anyone confirm that?

Story and characters get more tolerable after you get out of Rabanastre and see the cool world of Ivalice. Game desing for the world of Ivalice rocks.

And yes, it is the same world generated by the book on FFT. there's a thread about it here and 6 pages about it on SE's Ultimania Omega FFXII