PDA

View Full Version : Have any killed panecea ( without yojimbo bribe )

Xeozin
04-27-2007, 03:47 AM
It been some years now since ive played ff X but i was wondering if any of u have killed panecea without bribing yojimbo?

I tryed many times and my chars was at the max they could be in all stats exept luck i think.

I used the tactic by keeping 1 of my chars as low on hp as possible so the others could get limit breaks ( mostly for wakka and tidus ) and spamming megaelixirs and having yuna in to have the aoens absorb the dam he did sometimes.

But i never managed to kill him without bribe, eventough i could battle him for almost an hour i think. at last all my aeons was dead and i hadnt more megaelixirs as far i think.

so any ever killed him old school way?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
yes i hav. my team was wakka tidus and yuna. i charged all OD's before battle including aeons. i kept using attack reels with wakka and then entrusting someone elses OD to him. when i need an aeon to come in a take some damage, i had them do their OD with the exception of magus sisters as i had mindy do passado (unfortunately only once), anima's oblivion did a decent amount of damage too. i had OD's on comerade cos penance is always dong some decent damage so it wasn't long at all before OD's were full agen. after i had used everyone's OD i jus kept yuna wakka n tidus n had them entrust to wakka. healing wen necessary

i had CW's equipped and armour had ribbon, curseproof, auto-haste and auto-protect

ReloadPsi
04-27-2007, 03:49 PM
The whole damn point of these fights is that they're supposed to be possible. I'll never Yojimbo it, and the only time I ever did was to get past Dark Aeons who were blocking something I missed (even so, I've always made sure to kill them on another playthrough. The moral of the story? Don't miss the Sun Crest, or the destruction spheres at Besaid and Macalania!)

No.78
04-27-2007, 03:52 PM
It's called Penance, Panacea is a cure for poison in FFIX. Gawwd :P

Shin Gouken
04-28-2007, 12:46 AM
yes i hav. my team was wakka tidus and yuna. i charged all OD's before battle including aeons. i kept using attack reels with wakka and then entrusting someone elses OD to him. when i need an aeon to come in a take some damage, i had them do their OD with the exception of magus sisters as i had mindy do passado (unfortunately only once), anima's oblivion did a decent amount of damage too. i had OD's on comerade cos penance is always dong some decent damage so it wasn't long at all before OD's were full agen. after i had used everyone's OD i jus kept yuna wakka n tidus n had them entrust to wakka. healing wen necessary

i had CW's equipped and armour had ribbon, curseproof, auto-haste and auto-protect

I didn't even think penance could be killed that way. Using overdrives greatly delays your turn which is a big mistake on something like penance. I never used an attack that wasn't quick hit or quick pockets. I must congratulate you

Tavrobel
04-28-2007, 03:23 AM
I wouldn't know. It's pretty hard to kill a magic spell that's not in the game.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-28-2007, 07:27 PM
thanx shin! although i did miss that bit out, when i wasnt curing or OD'ing i was quick hitting.

utelektr
04-30-2007, 01:13 AM
Dude, Panacea is one for Rikku's mixes.

Pete for President
04-30-2007, 08:19 AM
I managed to beat all the Dark Aeons the old fashioned way, but I've never beaten penance without zanmato.

Darxzero
05-08-2007, 04:58 PM
Panacea is basically a Mega-remedy. (Remedy/Holy Water + Remedy/Holy Water)

dark_lord
05-09-2007, 01:19 AM
I´ve beaten him and it took me 1 hour.....
I had Tidus, Auron and Yuna on my team