PDA

View Full Version : Infant Deaths increasing in US

Renmiri
04-27-2007, 05:10 AM
Party of life my arse! :mad: Under George W. Bush infant mortality has increased.. the first significant rise in the infant mortality rate since 1958.

In Turnabout, Infant Deaths Climb in South (NYT)

HOLLANDALE, Miss. — For decades, Mississippi and neighboring states with large black populations and expanses of enduring poverty made steady progress in reducing infant death. But, in what health experts call an ominous portent, progress has stalled and in recent years the death rate has risen in Mississippi and several other states.

The setbacks have raised questions about the impact of cuts in welfare and Medicaid and of poor access to doctors, and, many doctors say, the growing epidemics of obesity, diabetes and hypertension among potential mothers...

Most striking, here and throughout the country, is the large racial disparity. In Mississippi, infant deaths among blacks rose to 17 per thousand births in 2005 from 14.2 per thousand in 2004, while those among whites rose to 6.6 per thousand from 6.1. (The national average in 2003 was 5.7 for whites and 14.0 for blacks.)

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/22/health/22infant.html

Acid Raine
04-27-2007, 05:19 AM
Hold it! Did you just say that Bush kills babies? Theres misguided opinions and then theres ig'nance. How can it be Bush's fault?

Anyways, its tragic that babies are dying and stuff, but maybe people should stop using them for thicker welfare checks.

Chakan the forever man
04-27-2007, 05:37 AM
I cannot believe you wrote that.

Acid Raine
04-27-2007, 05:41 AM
*braces self*

I was only kidding! I thought the serious stuff went to the eoeo.

EDIT: Okay. I read the article this time, and I am out of the inappropriate humor mood, but I for the most part stand by my original statment.

How can someone blame Bush? I mean, seriously, he cant exactly control something like that. In fact, he cant control anything. The poor guy really screwed up when he decided to run for president. Clearly not the job for him.

Anyways, with things being the way they are, nothing is going to change. Things will only get worse. God bless America!

abrojtm
04-27-2007, 06:26 AM
OMG The poverty level in Uganda is higher than last year! Must be Bush's fault.

Bush doesn't make laws, he approves them or denies them or works to sway Congress in favor of a law. Any law that Bush would write would have to first be approved by Congress. I don't like Bush, but not everything is his fault.

Renmiri
04-27-2007, 06:50 PM
He and his congress cut funds for prenatal care. THAT is what is killing infants.

Uganda has no money. US does. Babies are dying here because of a choice Bush made. Bush chose to give tax cuts to the rich and to cut funds for prenatal care. Babies died for it. Deal with it. It is the plain truth. Your tax cut is killing babies. And you call yourself "pro life"

ljkkjlcm9
04-27-2007, 08:01 PM
yes.... we all know, "George Bush doesn't care about Black people!"

r-tards

THE JACKEL

Shoeberto
04-27-2007, 08:45 PM
BUSH KILLS BABIES AHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But in Iraq a bajillion babies are killed everyday! And Africa.

what what

It's the political counterpoint shuffle! Cha-cha!

Renmiri
04-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Jackall, you of all people should know that cutting corners and cutting costs for tax cuts killed people. Not only the babies. Body Armor and IED proof vehicles. Does that ring a bell ?

The US is the richest country in the world. There was never any need to send soldiers w/o proper armor, no need to let soldiers wait months at Walter Reed after they get wounded, no need cut healthcare for the poor in southern states.

Want to count the deaths all those tax cuts brought ?

kiuga50x
04-27-2007, 10:57 PM
With the pirate pop. going down, global warm'n is going up! you no what this means? we need to get some pirates going up before it gets to hot:mog: :mog:

Renmiri
04-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Church of the Flying Spaghetti monster ? I love those guys!

Odaisé Gaelach
04-28-2007, 02:36 AM
...and, many doctors say, the growing epidemics of obesity, diabetes and hypertension among potential mothers, some of whom tip the scales here at 300 to 400 pounds.

Somehow, I think that this would have more to do with the rising infant mortality rate than Bush.

Renmiri
04-28-2007, 03:07 AM
...and, many doctors say, the growing epidemics of obesity, diabetes and hypertension among potential mothers, some of whom tip the scales here at 300 to 400 pounds.

Somehow, I think that this would have more to do with the rising infant mortality rate than Bush.

The plain fact is that the growing obesity and such have been raising for years yet infant mortality rate got it's first increase since 1958 under GW Bush. And note that well to do whites have obesity, diabetes and hypertension too yet their babies are not dying.

If you lived here in US you would know why: All federal funds for health care have been slashed to fund his two wars and 3 tax cuts for the rich. The weak and the poor are who suffer the consequences as we saw very well during Katrina.

Nominus Experse
04-28-2007, 07:10 AM
It's due to a decrease in the amount of respectable cheesecake, actually.

Chemical
04-28-2007, 01:39 PM
BUSH KILLS BABIES AHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But in Iraq a bajillion babies are killed everyday! And Africa.

what what

It's the political counterpoint shuffle! Cha-cha!

Cha!

Acid Raine
04-28-2007, 05:09 PM
The plain fact is that the growing obesity and such have been raising for years yet infant mortality rate got it's first increase since 1958 under GW Bush. And note that well to do whites have obesity, diabetes and hypertension too yet their babies are not dying.

If you lived here in US you would know why: All federal funds for health care have been slashed to fund his two wars and 3 tax cuts for the rich. The weak and the poor are who suffer the consequences as we saw very well during Katrina.

This makes me chuckle. I need for you to explain to me, without repeating the tripe youve previously spouted in other posts: How is Bush responsible for killing babies???

You say its because federal funds for health care have been cut, but as someone else said, Bush's word is not law. Things like that have to go through a complicated governmental process and many many other people to be approved, and they can all overrule Bush. Which means people who know a lot more than you(or me, to be less hypocritical) ALL agreed that the funds should be cut.

Um...yes white babies are dying. I also need you to explain how ONLY black babies can be killed. Is Bush Hitler now? Is he trying to eradicate the "damn dirty coloreds" by denying their children health care?

And people outside the US seem to understand things more clearly than those delusional Americans who cant keep their yaps shut.

The Jamie Star Scenario
04-28-2007, 07:23 PM
I kill babies too, what are you going to do about it eh?

Renmiri
04-28-2007, 07:53 PM
How is Bush responsible for killing babies???

You say its because federal funds for health care have been cut, but as someone else said, Bush's word is not law. Things like that have to go through a complicated governmental process and many many other people to be approved, and they can all overrule Bush. Which means people who know a lot more than you(or me, to be less hypocritical) ALL agreed that the funds should be cut.
Huh, first let's make clear, my first words on the thread were Party of life my arse! I am not saying one person is killing babies. I am talking a bout a President that has a staff and delegates decisions to this staff. Such decisions do go through Congress which until 4 months ago was controlled by the President's party.

If you understand how US government works you will know that it isn't true that ALL agreed that the funds should be cut. There were Senators and house representatives voting against it, yet the President's party, being majority, voted both to cut funds and to give out government money back to rich white people - the much vaunted "tax cuts - given away because "there was no need for more money".

Bush, the US President, his staff and his party said - and voted - that there was no need for health care for the poor, no need for equipping with body armor all soldiers sent specifically as terrorist bait - that's what fighting terror over there means - to the middle east, there was no need to shore up the levies at New Orleans and there was no need to plan evacuation for people who did not have a car.

Um...yes white babies are dying. I also need you to explain how ONLY black babies can be killed. Is Bush Hitler now? Is he trying to eradicate the "damn dirty coloreds" by denying their children health care?
Oh, his policies are equal opportunity killers. Poor babies are dying, which sadly makes the majority of deaths be in black families on the south.

As for Bush - and his party and his staff - goals with this policy and it's similarity to Hitler, I'll let you draw your own conclusions. I'll just quote his wife and his mom...

Barbara Bush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Bush#Controversies)
* Speaking on March 18, 2003, two days before the beginning of the war on Iraq, she told ABC's Good Morning America :

"Why should we hear about body bags and deaths? Oh, I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"

* While visiting a Houston relief center for people displaced by Hurricane Katrina, Bush told the radio program "Marketplace,

"Almost everyone I've talked to says, 'We're gonna move to Houston.' What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas... Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality, and so many of the people in the arenas here, you know, were underprivileged anyway. This is working very well for them."

Laura Bush to Anne Curry on the Today Show (April 25th 2007)

no one suffers more than their President and I do

Odaisé Gaelach
04-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Where's the baby-eating bishop of Bath and Wells (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_(Blackadder)) when you need him?

Acid Raine
04-28-2007, 09:20 PM
What a long winded response. Bottom line is that neither of us know what their intentions are, so we arent eligible to be arguing about this. Ill concede. Neither of us is going to change the others opinion anyway.

Let me say this: Judging by your responses, it seems as if you think I like Bush. Thats not the case at all. I cant stand him and making him President was a mistake from the beginning. But I dont think hes evil, I dont think hes racist, I dont think hes out to destroy anything. Hes just not very smart, and like I said earlier, he really picked the wrong job and is now paying for it big time. Im only defending him because its not fair to blame every problem going on in the country on him. Things have sucked since the dawn of time and will continue to suck. Try looking inward instead of blaming the people in charge.

Renmiri
04-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Things have sucked since the dawn of time. But some got a lot worse

Infant Mortality had been going down since 1958. Then came Bush and his party saying we should not spend money on social issues, we should give it back to the corporations instead and they would all take care of us.

Guess what, this decision was wrong and his party's mistakes had a hefty price in lives. From a party that calls itself the "party of life" it is the height of hypocrisy.

ljkkjlcm9
04-28-2007, 10:22 PM
All I have to say, is there is a hell of a lot more going on, then most people are aware of. And you can find facts to support any argument you want to make, about anything. Not even joking.

I still hate the fact that Bush is made out to be some kind of stupid idiot, when I can guarantee, he's smarter than at least 70% of the people that think they know better than him.

The way politics works, is some things are sacrificed to improve other things. No matter what you do, something bad will happen somewhere. Never does a decision only create good things... EVER. I still don't think this is Bush's fault in any way. I think it's completely the way American Society is headed in general.

THE JACKEL