PDA

View Full Version : hows my party

afro samurai
04-28-2007, 03:45 AM
I am on riovanes castle and I kinda want to know how my party is. My friend says it is good but i'm not sure I have alot of jobs masterd all but monk and dancer(can'tget dancer)

ramza Level39
class-squire
main-gut
secondary-draw out
bladegrasp
twohands
teleport

agrais Level38
class holyknight
main-holysword
secodary-jump
dragonspirit
twosword
ignoreheight

beils Level-39
lancer-bought him
main-jump
secondary-drawout
meatboneslash
ignoreheight

mustadio Level-39
engineer
main-snipe
secondary-steal
caution
teleport

dog Level-36
knight-bought him
main-battleskill
secondary-yinyang magic
twohands
teleport

wiegrif
what i named him-knight-bought him
main-battleskill
secondary-blackmagic
counter
magic atk up
ignore height

if my party is goood or bad or really good or really bad let me know peace eoff

dodhungry
04-28-2007, 12:15 PM
lack of a healer can be a kink in the chain sometimes. Instead of black magic on your knight switch it with white magic and it would have the possibility of saving you if you ever found yourself in a tight spot.

Proxy
04-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Aye a healer would be of great advantage

Jowy
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM
Too many men to be useful in the long run. Get some female Calculators and Dancers, equip the Setiesmon and Chantage. Profit. Also, for counter abilities, I'd recommend Hamedo or Auto-Potion.

And yeah, have fun starting a new game. You're in Riovanes; Wiegraf is going to kill you.

BG-57
04-28-2007, 06:35 PM
You need to have a separate save file for Riovanes Castle: it's several fights long and you can't progress the game without beating all three.

You may want to switch to Auto-Potion with Ramza, and sell your Potions and High Potions. With 99 X-Potions, you can do a lot a healing automatically.

You can try using Yell to maximize Ramza's speed then Accumlate to Maximize his physical damage. It's a lot of work early on, but makes taking on the last boss easy. Or you can try out to inflict enough damage on the final boss with the current setup.

Trisdyn
09-02-2007, 09:08 PM
I didn't find the Wiegraf fight very tough, only because I had Ramza double sword his ass. He was critical health in the first round, but so was Ramza.

I found the Zodiac fight after that was extremely tough. Especially because it has a tendency to summon Clops, which can easily do up to 150+ damage to your characters.

Healers are nice, but if your going for a straight kill/win, then they won't be nessecary. Just have all your tanks target the zodiac and you should be okay.

I think you should give it a few tries. Odds aren't exactly on your side but hey, you never know.

P.S. For the long run, you'll definitely want to get those extra circular classes.

Gilthanes
09-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Theres plenty of "Cheap" ways to get around the fight with Wiegraf, some more cheap than the others.

Extremely Cheap method: Auto Potion on Ramza, destroy all your potions except X-Potions, Squire or Any other class with Guts secondary (Having your other skillset aside from Guts contain some method of healing can be nice in case your Brave level is too low to activate X-Potion after every attack. White Magic, Items, Monks Chakra, Samurais Murasame, etc.) Equipment doesnt matter, but as a squire you'll just want the best you can buy at this point (Whats that, Platinuum sword, germinas boots helps here).

Start the fight with Yell, and continue Yelling until you get 4 turns to each of his turn. Then begin Accumulating until your PA is over 30 (You want to be able to 1-shot Wiegraf,i.e. hit for over 500). If he Lighting Stabs you and you dont proc an X-potion, use your healing ability (items, magic, chakra, etc) to make sure he doesnt kill you next turn. Once you reach the aforementioned stats, run up to Wiegraf and 1 shot him. When he transforms, you'll still have 4-5 turns before he gets a chance to move since your stats carry over. Run up and destroy Velius before he can launch any attacks

The lesser cheap method: Keep the auto-x-potion, and use battle skill to break his stats down to 1 PA / 1 Speed. This will reach the same end result, except now when you fight Velius you arent vastly overpowered (in case you wanted to truly experience this fight without gimping Velius compared to Ramza)

Once you get to Velius, and assuming you didnt go super cheap method, prepare for a nasty fight. Your other characters need to be equipped with accessories to prevent his status effects. I cant remember offhand which ones he does, but you'll need to use stuff to make that negligable. If you cant prevent all his status effects, have 2 people capable of curing. Monks with Stigma Magic, White magic with Esuna, a mastered Chemist with Remedies, etc. Having a strong summoner in this fight helps to try and knock out his minions, run up and try to get a short-charged Bahamut on them before they can cast their spells.

Personally, I never give Velius a fighting chance. My first time through the game I reached Velius, saved my game, and ended up with no possible way I could see to beat him. My Ramza didnt have Auto Potion, my characters werent quite mastered enough, and without any time to train, I was stuck and had to restart. Ever since that first game, and I found out about auto potion with x-potions, I never give Wiegfra/Velius a chance to hit me