PDA

View Full Version : Just ran into Warmech

crazybayman
04-28-2007, 03:28 PM
So here I am, with a Knight, Ninja, Master and Red Wizard, all at level 23, on the bridge in the sky Castle on my way to take on Tiamat.

WOf course, knowing my luck, I happen to run into our good ol' buddy warmech.

Anyways, I managed to take it down, but not before he defeated my Knight and Ninja. Luckily, because my Red Wizard had Life, I was able to revive them after the fight, and go and defeat Tiamat. I guess was lucky.

I should also say that I was playing on an emulator. I ran into warmech once, and he killed my Red wiz and ninja, but I was still able to defeat him. However, without life, I was left with just my Knight and Master to take on Tiamat. Without Fast, and the ability to heal more than cur2, he took out my master, and so rather than try to whittle away with just my knight, and because I saved to a different state after the first warmech battle, I restarted at the beginning of the bridge (the benefits if emulating). Then, of course I ran into him, again, where I defeated him while salvaging my red wizard and master.

So what's the lowest level anyone has defeated warmech?

Acid Raine
04-28-2007, 04:44 PM
my Red wiz

you might want to get that checked.

Anyways, Ive never run into Warmech. Shame, too, because Ive always wanted to see how much damage that wussy looking robot was capable of

Peter_20
04-28-2007, 05:33 PM
my Red wiz

Anyways, Ive never run into Warmech. Shame, too, because Ive always wanted to see how much damage that wussy looking robot was capable ofI've ran into him once - he definitely deserves to be compared with any super-boss in the FF series.

He started off with kicking my Knight for 300 DMG, and then he sent this shock-wave attack that inflicted further 250 DMG on all characters.
Knight dies.
I throw NUKE, but Warmech sends ANOTHER wave that kills everyone except my Ninja, and then the Ninja also gets kicked and dies.

Vyk
04-28-2007, 06:16 PM
I can't remember my levels, but nobody died the two or three times I faced him. But I took out Chaos in three or four rounds, dunno if that's good or bad. But Chaos didn't put up much fight either :[ So I was probably too strong for the challenge. Mech's pretty rock solid for a random encounter though

crazybayman
04-28-2007, 07:48 PM
my Red wiz

heh....didn't see that one coming

Anyways, Ive never run into Warmech. Shame, too, because Ive always wanted to see how much damage that wussy looking robot was capable of
At level 23, he attacked my Knight for 250hp, give or take. 2 attacks was enough to slay my other characters.

Of course, the exp gave my 2 still-standing characters an extra level on the 2 fallen.

Zeromus_X
04-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I ALWAYS encounter it every time I'm first going to Tiamat's room. Every single time. >_>

Anyway, the first time I beat it was in the 30s or so, after I had gone through the Chaos Shrine in the past. I got lucky and it didn't nucleify me too often, though my Knight did die, my other party members survived. I used a Knight, Red Wizard, White Wizard, and Master.

Peter_20
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
I ALWAYS encounter it every time I'm first going to Tiamat's room. Every single time. >_>lol, personally I have to run around for a few centuries before he shows up.

I love murderous battles like this one, because I feel so good when I actually win.

sockmonkey
04-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Going with the three fighter party I did pretty well. There really needs to be some kind of special item obtained from him.

crazybayman
04-30-2007, 01:30 PM
wow...ran into him again just yesterday. I went back to level up before ToF, and got him within a half dozen or so random battles.

This time he managed to take out just my Ninja before I finished him off.

I thought it was a much more rare encounter......I wonder is there any way I downloaded a ROM with the programming slightly altered to make for a higher encounter rate for warmechs?

Peter_20
04-30-2007, 09:49 PM
wow...ran into him again just yesterday. I went back to level up before ToF, and got him within a half dozen or so random battles.

I thought it was a much more rare encounter......I wonder is there any way I downloaded a ROM with the programming slightly altered to make for a higher encounter rate for warmechs?That's not necessarily the reason, you could've simply been so lucky as to actually encounter him fairly often anyway.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
05-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I met him twice in a row once

Dr. Acula
05-02-2007, 06:16 AM
So here I am, with a Knight, Ninja, Master and Red Wizard, all at level 23, on the bridge in the sky Castle on my way to take on Tiamat.

I was a higher level than you when I reached Melmond. I was like level 45 or something when I reached Tiamat.

crazybayman
05-02-2007, 12:16 PM

I was a higher level than you when I reached Melmond. I was like level 45 or something when I reached Tiamat.

Jeepers.

Level 45 isn't even necessary to finish the game, let alone Melmond. Many people finish the game at level 27 or higher, usually around level 30.

So how many days were spent killing ogres or green giants to get there?

Oh, and saying I was at level 23 was in no way bragging of my levelling prowess, it was just an indication of my level when I ran into warmech.

ljkkjlcm9
05-02-2007, 01:10 PM

I thought it was a much more rare encounter......I wonder is there any way I downloaded a ROM with the programming slightly altered to make for a higher encounter rate for warmechs?

it's a... 1/64 chance or something... I don't remember exactly. And yes, if you wanted I could go into the ROM and increase the Warmech encounter. If you'd like, I could make him the most common encounter everywhere in the game.
(you could just do it yourself with FF Hackster)

THE JACKEL

Zeromus_X
05-03-2007, 12:16 AM

Were you playing the Dawn of Souls or Origins version on Easy mode? Leveling past 40 for anything takes just about forever, and is completely unnecessary...otherwise, in the case of Dawn of Souls, the level standards have changed.

Dr. Acula
05-03-2007, 05:57 AM

Were you playing the Dawn of Souls or Origins version on Easy mode? Leveling past 40 for anything takes just about forever, and is completely unnecessary...otherwise, in the case of Dawn of Souls, the level standards have changed.

Dawn of Souls. On an emulator. With a speed-up button.:D

Hazzard
05-07-2007, 10:28 AM

Dawn of Souls. On an emulator. With a speed-up button.:D

I'm doing exactly the same thing. I'm level 21 for all chars, and I'm just going back to Elfland.

feioncastor
05-07-2007, 01:34 PM
You know, if ever you're faced with that situation when fighting Tiamat, remember that he is somewhat vulnerable to "BANE" or any item that casts BANE. I've killed him numerous times using BANE or the item that casts it (Bane Sword maybe, don't remember).

Yeah, Warmech can really spoil your day.

I've never fought him unless I was looking for him. He's only popped up for me after I spend a long time walking back and forth on his bridge, trying to encounter him.

Bluecho
05-08-2007, 12:31 AM
I played the Dawn of Souls version, so I doubt Warmech would be very hard. That being said, I've never encountered Warmech. When I was on the bridge, I ran across as fast as I could, and nearly jumped out of my skin when I encountered a monster. It wasn't Warmech, but when the screen changed, I nearly had a heart attack. I had no intention of fighting him, though maybe I should try encountering him. I'm at level 60, so I should be able to take him.

Hazzard
05-08-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm sure you can beat the guy at level 35. If you're 60, Blimey, you gotta chance in hell!!!