PDA

View Full Version : "Everybody Loves Cloud"

Aerisfanatic
05-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Why does it seem that everybody loves cloud? I mean Aeris liked him, tifa, and jessie did also... i even saw some flirtation with ester the chocobo manager, and even my cousin after seeing ac shes like "cloud is so hot" and everyone else in the game grew to like him, and very large fanclub dedicated to him... so my question is why do you think cloud is so well liked is so well liked in the game and in real life?

Cookie
05-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't know, he had a big sword, that's all I found interesting about him really.

MJN SEIFER
05-01-2007, 06:23 PM
It's probly because he's a main, about all I can think of.

Also, Jessie liked him?

Setzer Gabianni
05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't love him. Come to think about it, my interest lies with older men only.

Breine
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
He's a stud with a big "sword".

Aerisfanatic
05-01-2007, 08:02 PM

Also, Jessie liked him?
yes it was obviose in the begining, and when you read about her on other sites it says that she has a crush on cloud

Savannah
05-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I never really understood that either. Maybe they were going for the weirdly popular "harem" thing in anime with this one. I thought he was completely without personality and looked like a woman.

Dragon Mage
05-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Well, the answer is easy. He's good-lookin.

PuPu
05-01-2007, 11:53 PM
I bet there's WAY more people that like Sephiroth. Hell, people I know who haven't even played FF VII liked him when they first saw him.

Or are you specifically talking about in the game of FF VII? Since the reason why many characters in FF VII like Cloud is easy: he's the main character, and because Square Enix made it that way.

cloud21zidane16
05-02-2007, 12:28 AM
his got a cool sword:)
i think his a strong character, he isnt cocky and loud but not too quite either. His past was pretty messed up but eventually he over come everything and confronted his enemy:evilking:
Also i like all of his different stances while he talks:D

Psychotic
05-02-2007, 02:04 AM
He's able to pull off a long purple dress. Not many guys can.

Dr. Acula
05-02-2007, 05:59 AM
He's able to pull off a long purple dress. Not many guys can.

You know Aerith loved it when he crossdressed.:D

Ryushikaze
05-02-2007, 06:50 AM
I never really understood that either. Maybe they were going for the weirdly popular "harem" thing in anime with this one. I thought he was completely without personality and looked like a woman.

Yeah, but so is Sephypoo.

Why is Cloud Likable? He's a dolt. A well intentioned dolt.

Yuffie514
05-02-2007, 07:08 AM
he's ok, but i don't really think he's attractive, if that's the case for females.

Kanshisha
05-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Well, Squall wasn't really loved by much ppl and he was a main, He also had a gunblade, he wasn't loved, he was a stud, he wasn't loved...
So last thing is, they liked him just because he can spin some large sword...

Savannah
05-02-2007, 05:02 PM

Sephiroth was annoying too. I don't know why anyone likes any of the characters from this game, honestly. Except Cid. And maybe RedXIII.

Setzer Gabianni
05-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Cloud's not cute :(

MJN SEIFER
05-02-2007, 07:20 PM

Also, Jessie liked him?
yes it was obviose in the begining, and when you read about her on other sites it says that she has a crush on cloud

I just suddenly thought: If you talk to Jessie after the train ID cards fail; she says that she "Made Cloud's ID better" but by doing so it looked more fake or something.

Is that a hint, i.e. she wanted his ID to look "Better" because of how she felt about him?

BarelySeeAtAll
05-02-2007, 08:04 PM
i wanna know this as well...many people i know like him too and im like, "well....WHY"
he's blonde, no offense blondos....he's not particularly good looking, he has a few issues but hey that stops no one these days, and "killed" sephi how many times!!!
i prefer sephiroth any day but there ya go
ooh!and clouds a goodie...so i dont know why anyone would like him now!
i cannot answer your question because i want to know the answer too!

Mercen-X
05-02-2007, 08:44 PM
I just suddenly thought: If you talk to Jessie after the train ID cards fail; she says that she "Made Cloud's ID better" but by doing so it looked more fake or something.

Is that a hint, i.e. she wanted his ID to look "Better" because of how she felt about him?The word was "Special". She's obviously a teen-green hot for the dark machine.

i wanna know this as well...many people i know like him too and im like, "well....WHY"
clouds a goodie...!You're a little weird.

Maybe it's 'cause I got German in my blood (oooh SNAP, he didn't go there!) but I like the blonde hair, blue eyes thing. WTF is a goodie? Yes, he is the good guy obviously.

The main detriment I can find to his character is . . . he's got no character. He's too afraid to be anything. He doesn't want to act like a hero, he doesn't even really try to be Tifa's friend. The only time he expresses any emotion is when Aeris has a long-ass sword protruding from her stomach.

But that's his character. I kind of think most people don't actually like Cloud for being Cloud. They like his look, his bike, his sword, his attacks, and the fact that he knows Zack and Sephiroth. I think that's really about it.

Aerisfanatic
05-02-2007, 10:48 PM

Sephiroth was annoying too. I don't know why anyone likes any of the characters from this game, honestly. Except Cid. And maybe RedXIII. i guess that your oppinion but this game is squares most popular game chances are they are going to like at leaste on of the character... Aeris all the way WOO HOO

Zeromus_X
05-03-2007, 12:51 AM
He's the main character.

Dragon Mage
05-03-2007, 02:09 AM
oh, he's got character. Just too much of it. If you know what I mean.

Now, if your talking about the game characters liking him, then I stick with my previous reasoning: he's good-looking. Said and done.

If your talking about real people (aka players) well that's a whole new story. Who knows. Many things. For one, he's a very weak character. This makes him seem more human, and would make him a more appealing character to some. Unique weapon always helps. Also, he's got one screwed up past, one that simply gets people totally absorbed in it, as they try to unravel it. This is just something that many people find interesting, so he comes out as a favorite. (why do people like extremely complex chars? I have no idea. o_O) Not to mention he's the major love interest of other extremely popular chars. So that's a bonus. and again, maybe it's just for the character design. It's all on personal preference.

Or it could just be because of that hair........

BarelySeeAtAll
05-03-2007, 06:18 PM
clouds a goodie...!You're a little weird.

Maybe it's 'cause I got German in my blood (oooh SNAP, he didn't go there!) but I like the blonde hair, blue eyes thing. WTF is a goodie? Yes, he is the good guy obviously.

weird as i may be...goodie meaning hes the good guy...the "good" guy...i know how am saying it but i cant get it across
oh ya, german kicks ass :D

TRANS_AM409
05-04-2007, 03:48 AM
Definitely The hair man!!

Dragon Mage
05-06-2007, 05:52 AM
XDXDXDXD

that too, TRANS_AM409; that too.

Zora
05-06-2007, 06:10 AM
Simple. It is a cliche. FFVII is built on 'em. This is just another Cliche (everyone likes the main character)

Dragon Mage
05-06-2007, 06:28 AM
Well.......there's only about 7 or 9 story lines in existence you know. Ya gotta expect SOME cliches. Maybe a lot of things are based from FFVII, instead of the other way around.

Hazzard
05-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Barret should get more love than that bastard!

hanawa
05-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Cloud is complex and complicated. One truly finds it hard to know what exactly racing inside his spiky blond head. He's in a complete mess, emotionally unstable (duno why i said this) and although he has lotsa buddies around, he seems to be alone. Thats more than enough to make me fall in love with him. Cos he's somewhat like my reflection in the mirror.

Well, that's my personal opinion. I didnt intend to say all these out in reference to the general public (Cloud maniacs) out there. But you guys shoud ponder and think this over. We love Cloud might be because of what we've gone through in lives resemble him in some ways. Like me. Or simply because he's Cloud and Cloud's himself. He's unique in his own ways. Same goes to other characters as well. Full stop.

gothic_fantasy
06-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Come one people we all know the "let mommy kiss it better" psychology, women are drawn to mentally unstable men cos their motherly instinct kicks in and they wanna make it all better...
But I guess having a big hair and sword helps too.
By the end of the game Cloud really looked like he needed a hug or something. Poor soul. I thought he was quite cute but he got a little pathetic when he started his nervous breakdown thing.

arcanedude34
06-04-2007, 12:47 AM
I think Vincent and Sephy are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler than Cloud, but Cloud is #3 in my all-time fav. characters of anything ever made (obviously behind Vincent and Sephy)

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
06-06-2007, 06:51 AM
Umm... He has a big sword and spikey hair and thats about it.

jammi567
06-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Whoever said that title statement must've been on drugs.