PDA

View Full Version : Smith vs. Sephiroth

Forsaken Lover
05-02-2007, 03:15 AM
Sephiroth (in Advent Children)
http://www.ffcompendium.com/art/7-sephiroth-a2.jpg

Smith (as of the end of Revolutions when he fights Neo)
http://www.masterpiecepumpkins.com/Graphics/Matrix-AgentSmith%20(3)__________.jpg

Tavrobel
05-02-2007, 03:21 AM
Smith. His omnipotence trumps the revivification of him through Kadaj, and is limited only to the Jenova clones.

Jebus
05-02-2007, 03:30 AM
Yeah, I gotta go with Smith.

Proxy
05-02-2007, 04:05 AM
Yeah, Smith. He's faster, and just all arounf more powerful.

Big D
05-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Smith is a computer program, so Sephiroth could take him out with the latest version of AVG.

Edit: But in terms of an actual fight if they were both real people with their on-screen powers...

As an Agent, death isn't a big deal for Smith. Especially not in his 'viral' form, where he can amass an army of copies in a short time.

Both are superhumanly strong and resilient. Both can fly (neither could do so originally, but gained the ability as they gained more power). Smith can dodge bullets, but is vulnerable to melee weapons and attacks - which Sephiroth favours.

Could go either way, I guess. But it pays to remember that Smith's combat style in Revolutions is limited to kicking, punching, and flying around the place at a fair clip. Sephiroth, on the other hand, has the range advantage of a sword, and can demolish pieces of buildings, to use as weapons or obstacles, with ease.

Peegee
05-02-2007, 12:11 PM
I never understood the consistency in which characters in the matrix (specifically Neo and Smith at the end) were able to demolish things with reckless abandon, without hurting themselves, but could hurt each other.

Specifically, if Smith threw Neo into a crater, is that not what he can do with a punch? Yet they get punched all the time and don't feel as much pain.

It seems a tad dubious to me.

All the same, we've never seen even one person die to a sword in the movie (which is odd considering we see people die to gunfire incessantly). This makes for very questionable grounds if I were to say Sephiroth would win, which is my bet.

Big D
05-02-2007, 01:27 PM
All the same, we've never seen even one person die to a sword in the movie (which is odd considering we see people die to gunfire incessantly). This makes for very questionable grounds if I were to say Sephiroth would win, which is my bet.Neo killed a few exiles with melee weapons in Reloaded, I think.
I often wondered why the Agents could dodge bullets but not punches. Apparently, it's something to do with a bullet being merely a mechanical and mathematical construct, simple part of a pre-programmed reality with pre-programmed outcomes. On the other hand, a punch (and by extension, any weapon controlled directly by the user), is governed not by mere programmed physics but by the conscious choices and autonomous decision-making of the person wielding it. A bullet ceases to be under a person's control the moment it leaves the gun; a sword/punch doesn't have the same limitation.

...That's how it was explained to me, anyway.

Mirage
05-02-2007, 01:31 PM
That makes perfect sense to me, actually.

escobert
05-02-2007, 03:49 PM
My dog. enough with the damn whoever vs whoever. this was getting old like 3 years ago.

fantasyjunkie
05-03-2007, 08:25 AM
Agent Smith without a doubt. He would just start bringing up Sony's woes and have Sephiroth hang his head in despair...

NeoCracker
05-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Or, you know, Smith would simply assimilate him and make him a smith Clone like everything else.

black orb
05-03-2007, 08:47 AM
http://www.masterpiecepumpkins.com/Graphics/Matrix-AgentSmith%20(3)__________.jpg

Slade
05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Smith, because he is so much cooler than Sephiroth.

Nominus Experse
05-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Most likely Smith, seeing as he can indefinitely replicate himself.

{cloud}
05-05-2007, 06:57 PM
I would have to go with Smith

Venom
05-05-2007, 07:01 PM
It would be pretty awesome if both of them fought and killed each other. Then they both faded into obscurity and no one would ever mention them ever again.

Del Murder
05-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Smith is too quick for Sephy.

Hazzard
05-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Hmmm. Probably Smith, but Sephiroth would give him a run for his Gil!

Goldenboko
05-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Smith, he'd just assimilate him.

DK
05-05-2007, 07:51 PM
My immediate thought when I read the title was Sephiroth vs. Graeme Smith

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/74600/74656.jpg

I reckon big Graeme would batter Sephiroth in a scrap.