PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man 4

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2007, 03:55 AM
Would you like to see a fourth Spider-Man film? I would but I don't want it to be a continuation of the Sam Raimi Spider-Man films.

Don't get me wrong Sam Raimi did a good job of bringing Spider-Man to life on the big screen...It's just that I'd like to see another director's interpretation of Spider-Man and I'd also like to see another actor put on the spider suit.

Because many actors have played the role of Batman in the past but only one actor has played the role of Spider-Man.

Not to mention that I'd like to see Spider-Man battle The Kingpin...And if this fourth Spider-Man film is a reboot or a remake I'd to see The Black Cat as Spider-Man's love interest.

And besides I'd doubt that Sam Raimi would want to go down in history as the 'Spider guy.'

Proxy
05-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Well, there is going to be a new peter parker, cause tobey maguire or whatever doesn't wanna play him anymore.
And there is more than likely going to be a part 4, because apparently, Brock becomes Venom at the end of this one..
APPARENTLY.

Del Murder
05-02-2007, 04:13 AM
The thing is though, the changing of actors and directors is what ruined the Batman series. And X-Men (just director).

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2007, 04:13 AM
Well, there is going to be a new peter parker, cause tobey maguire or whatever doesn't wanna play him anymore.
And there is more than likely going to be a part 4, because apparently, Brock becomes Venom at the end of this one..
APPARENTLY.

WHAT!?! We're not going to see Spider-Man battle Venom in the third Spider-Man film!?! THAT SUCKS!!!

Also the Batman franchise sucked at first when a new director took over but it eventually got better when Nolan created Batman Begins.

Agrias
05-02-2007, 04:15 AM
There's going to be six spiderman movies in all. w00t

Vermachtnis
05-02-2007, 04:16 AM
I've seen this new trailer and it looks like Spidey and Venom get into it.

I want a part 4 and I want Rhino and/or Mysterio in it. I just really wanna see Mysterio's costume.

Nominus Experse
05-02-2007, 04:21 AM
Carnage

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2007, 04:22 AM
But didn't Mysterio die in part one? Because I thought Mysterio killed Peter's uncle.

XxSephirothxX
05-02-2007, 04:25 AM
Carnage
QFMFT.

I heard a few years ago Sony wanted to make 6 films. Who knows whether or not that'll eventually happen. A fourth movie is pretty much a given. (http://movies.ign.com/articles/784/784823p1.html) The big question is whether or not Maguire and Dunst come back. I can't really imagine other actors playing those roles. I'm sure there are other people who could do it well--but they're established, now, and I don't think change would be a good thing in this instance. I think they'll come back if they're offered enough money. We'll just have to see.

White Raven
05-02-2007, 04:45 AM
I'd love to see more Spidey movies with enemies like Mysterio, Carnage, Electro, Rhino, Kingpin (the same actor from Daredevil) and maybe one revolving around Madam Web.

:)

edczxcvbnm
05-02-2007, 04:51 AM
They have said they are making spider-man 4 with or without Toby and that Sam is on board.

Toby has said he isn't sure if he would come back and that it would depend upon the script.

I would like to see the following villians eventually though.

Vulture
The Lizard
Carnage
Mysterio
Kraven the Hunter

I would also be interested in seeing the Man-Spider mutation of Parker which leads to the possibility of the Lizard being a huge part of the plot along with Kraven or possibly the Punisher.

I would like to see the Kingpin as well but they already stirred that pot with DareDevil.

Spider-man has so much depth in character and so many good villains to choose from that they could make 10 great movies if they wanted to.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2007, 05:04 AM
I would like to see the Kingpin as well but they already stirred that pot with DareDevil.

Yeah but the first DareDevil film sucked in my opinion...if The Kingpin is in an upcoming Spider-Man film that would be awesome! But I'd like to see a different actor playing The Kingpin this time because in the comic books he isn't a black guy.

Maybe they could have that guy who played The Thing in that :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty Fantastic Four film as The Kingpin in Spider-Man 4 or whatever Spider-Man film they decide to put him in...Why? Because he's the only bald, fat, and white actor I can think of.

bipper
05-02-2007, 05:57 AM
APPARENTLY.

SPOILERS!

Del Murder
05-02-2007, 05:59 AM
That's hardly a spoiler, unless you never paid attention to Spider Man in your life.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
05-02-2007, 11:34 AM
The thing is though, the changing of actors and directors is what ruined the Batman series. And X-Men (just director).

My thoughts exactly! spiderman so far has been a strong series! Sam and the cast have done a great job...why try to fix something if it aint broke?! can you imagine if someone you dont know stuffed up the venom story like Brett Ratner did with the pheonix story in Xmen! I think you'd be complaining more if they ruined it lol!

Peegee
05-02-2007, 12:23 PM
linked earlier, saying there will be a 4th Spiderman film (http://movies.ign.com/articles/784/784823p1.html)

That article says a certain somebody will die in Spiderman 3 and will come back in Spiderman 4.

We know that Gwen Stacey is casted to be in Spiderman 3, and we know that Gwen Stacey is the one who died after Spiderman saved her in an early Spiderman comic. I figure that Gwen Stacey will return in Spiderman 4, but I don't know in what capacity, since I don't read the comics.

Bunny
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Morlun.

ljkkjlcm9
05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Have any of you heard the concept, that too much of a good thing is a bad thing? Well I say they don't drag these movies out and make too many of them.

THE JACKEL

Spawn of Sephiroth
05-02-2007, 01:26 PM
APPARENTLY.

Actually, I bought a movie magazine from book a million and there was a interview in it where tobey said he would be interested in doing spidey 4 if the story was really good. I can't think the name, but I am at school, so I will go home and find the magazine and repost the name of it.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Have any of you heard the concept, that too much of a good thing is a bad thing? Well I say they don't drag these movies out and make too many of them.

THE JACKAL

I just want to see a Spider-Man movie with The Kingpin in it before they discontinue the franchise.

Slothy
05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Because many actors have played the role of Batman in the past but only one actor has played the role of Spider-Man.

Only one director and actor team every portrayed Batman properly, so no, I'd rather not have someone other than Raimi at the helm. I could live with Tobey not being there if they found someone as good or better for the role, but Raimi gets Spiderman. I'm not saying someone else couldn't do a Spidey film, but Raimi set the bar exceedingly high.

Carnage

No... just no.

I cringe whenever someone so much as mentions him showing up in a future movie. He's a homicidal psychopath who does nothing but slaughter for fun. Not only would it be rediculously difficult to do him correctly in a PG-13 rated movie, he's not an interesting character. He's crazy and that's about it. There's no depth behind the character. He's one of Spidey's worst villians as far as I'm concerned. Marvel did comic fans a favour when they had the Sentry take him into space and rip him in half if you ask me.

bipper
05-02-2007, 02:42 PM
That's hardly a spoiler, unless you never paid attention to Spider Man in your life.

yeh, I just thought that venom did make an appearance as there is a venom toy in the mcdonalds happy meal set. I was mainly speaking of the point that venom was not a villain in the movies, being a spoiler. Mainly sarcasm on my part though :D

Bunny
05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Carnage

No... just no.

I cringe whenever someone so much as mentions him showing up in a future movie. He's a homicidal psychopath who does nothing but slaughter for fun. Not only would it be rediculously difficult to do him correctly in a PG-13 rated movie, he's not an interesting character. He's crazy and that's about it. There's no depth behind the character. He's one of Spidey's worst villians as far as I'm concerned. Marvel did comic fans a favour when they had the Sentry take him into space and rip him in half if you ask me.

The only good reason to include Carnage in the movies would be to include Venom and get deeper into the story of how he isn't really a villian in the sense that he is evil. Although I suspect, through interviews with Topher Grace, that they plan on showing the "good" side of Venom's character without Carnage being present. I wouldn't be all for or against the inclusion of Carnage, but I don't think they could portray him as he should be portrayed in a movie medium. It'd be kind of hard what with the rating, as mentioned. I wouldn't mind a movie adaptation of Carnage. Maybe Maximum Carnage for ultimate yay. But it'd have to be pretty serious.

Breine
05-02-2007, 02:55 PM
If Sam Raimi is making it and the main cast makes a return, then sure.. why not. Otherwise, nope.

Vermachtnis
05-02-2007, 04:01 PM
I would also be interested in seeing the Man-Spider mutation of Parker which leads to the possibility of the Lizard being a huge part of the plot along with Kraven or possibly the Punisher.

That's so awesome, my roommate and I were just talking about how cool it would be to have to Man-Spider story arc worked into a future movie.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Only one director and actor team ever portrayed Batman properly, so no.

Who Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale? By the way I think Christopher Nolan could probaby make a good Spider-Man film but it might be a little boring because Nolan would probaby want to do a realistic take on Spider-Man...Also if Tobey Maguire doesn't come back to do Spider-Man 4, Elijah Wood might be a good replacement.

Dreddz
05-02-2007, 05:44 PM
I wouldnt mind another Spiderman film, but not as crammed as Spiderman 3 will be. One villain is enough, and there still alot of decent ones out there. Shocker still isnt in any of them! And Doppelganger too!

Vikeve
05-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Not to mention that I'd like to see Spider-Man battle The Kingpin...'

I want to see that too.

Sergeant Hartman
05-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Carnage
Carnage and Venom would be just instant victory.

I'd like to see that Shocker dude myself.

Spammerman
05-02-2007, 10:30 PM
One word. Carnage.

Slothy
05-02-2007, 11:01 PM
There aren't many villians left in Spidey's rogue's gallery who are well known, and who I think could have an interesting plot developed around them. The Lizard is certainly the top of the list for me. Dr. Connors relationship with Peter, and the fact that he has a family could be used to create an interesting dynamic between Spidey and The Lizard. I would imagine a side story about Kraven could also be worked in. I hope they stay away from guys like the Shocker or Scorpion though. If not, they'd better engineer some better backstory for them. Normally I don't like the movies to stray too far from the essence of the character, but some of Spidey's classic villians just aren't that interesting, and haven't held up well after 40 years.

Spammerman
05-02-2007, 11:09 PM
I want to see either the Hob Goblin, Carnage, or the Lizard, so the Lizard battle seen wouldn't involve much roof to roof fighting, and also Xmen and Spiderman collaboration.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-05-2007, 01:35 AM
hasnt it been confirmed there was gonna b six spider man films?

Discord
05-10-2007, 11:06 PM
No, unless Spiderman finally get's fried in that part.:shoot:

Spawn of Sephiroth
05-11-2007, 05:20 AM
hasnt it been confirmed there was gonna b six spider man films?

Actually, I read that before somewhere before. But I doubt it. Toby and Kirsten was only signed for 3 movies and unless the scripts for SM4 is worth a flut, spidey won't be Toby. Because Toby said he is only gonna do it if he likes the scripts. THats why SM3 was such a love story because that is how Toby wanted it and he got what he wanted because they wanted him. But, hey there has to be a short straw somewhere in the hay stack.

snacks
05-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Actually, I would much like to see Ben Riley or Kane in a movie. The spidey clone series, although short lived and with tons of plot holes would actually be a pretty good movie to watch.

But that's just my take.

SnoopyG
05-11-2007, 06:22 AM
It would be great to see the sinister six. A 6 on 1 battle scene would be awesome.

Slothy
05-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Actually, I would much like to see Ben Riley or Kane in a movie. The spidey clone series, although short lived and with tons of plot holes would actually be a pretty good movie to watch.

But that's just my take.

Don't hold your breath. I doubt that will ever happen being one of the most hated things in SPidey history by the fans. I personally liked a lot of it until the Maximum Clonage stuff though. Ben Reilly was one of my favourite characers ever.

Rocket Edge
05-12-2007, 02:54 AM
A new film with Venom & Carnage plz. And with the real Venom.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-15-2007, 03:14 AM
Carnage sucks though.

Spammerman
05-15-2007, 03:27 AM
Carnage sucks though.

Maybe you suck.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-15-2007, 03:40 AM
No you suck Spammerman. Carnage couldn't carry the movie, it would be pretty boring if he was the villian because he's uninteresting.

Spammerman
05-15-2007, 03:45 AM
Carnage is son of Venom. And he fights Venom. And fights SPidey. And fights them together. THat would make some bad ass fight scenes.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-15-2007, 03:48 AM
Carnage is son of Venom. And he fights Venom. And fights SPidey. And fights them together. THat would make some bad ass fight scenes.

But Venom is dead, didn't you see the movie?

Spammerman
05-15-2007, 03:58 AM
Didnt you? Part of him was left with Dr. Conners.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-15-2007, 04:19 AM
That's just a tiny piece of slim though.

Del Murder
05-15-2007, 04:38 AM
Movie spoilers:

Brock was killed too. There is no Venom without Eddie Brock. The piece left behind with Connors will be Carange, if anything.

Spammerman
05-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Movie spoilers:

Brock was killed too. There is no Venom without Eddie Brock. The piece left behind with Connors will be Carange, if anything.
Yes, it probably will, and thats a good thing.

Slothy
05-15-2007, 03:14 PM

Have you ever actually read a comic involving Carnage. I've seen some 1-dimensional comic book characters in my day, but he takes the cake. He was a lame character created in a lame attempt to make Venom a hero. He's better off forgotten.

bipper
05-15-2007, 04:38 PM
what about doppledanger or w/e

sandy chocobo
05-15-2007, 10:09 PM
i want to see some of kraven the hunter or rino!!

Hazzard
05-15-2007, 10:18 PM
I have to admit, Carnage is a crappy character, and would bore the life out of me. I can image the Rhino being active in the film, also Catwoman and mainly the Lizard.

Spammerman
05-15-2007, 11:17 PM

Have you ever actually read a comic involving Carnage. I've seen some 1-dimensional comic book characters in my day, but he takes the cake. He was a lame character created in a lame attempt to make Venom a hero. He's better off forgotten.

No, I dont get the comic books, but Carnage has long time been my favorite supervillain.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-16-2007, 01:41 AM
kraven the hunter would be a cool sidestory/cameo

rino would be an awesome opener fight scene

black cat is stacy who was in spider man 3

carnage would be good too

<b>EDIT: Don't double post. -Murder</b>

Del Murder
05-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Black Cat is not Gwen Stacy, she is Felicia Hardy.

A next movie without Lizard would be foolish. Connors is already an established character in the series, with close ties to Peter. This would make for a much more compelling storyline than any other villain I think. Of course, they will probably do what they like to do in comic sequels and toss another villain or two in there. Probably Vulture or Mysterio or something.

Spawn of Sephiroth
05-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Black Cat is not Gwen Stacy, she is Felicia Hardy.

A next movie without Lizard would be foolish. Connors is already an established character in the series, with close ties to Peter. This would make for a much more compelling storyline than any other villain I think. Of course, they will probably do what they like to do in comic sequels and toss another villain or two in there. Probably Vulture or Mysterio or something.

El Bandito
05-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Yeah, I'd agree with Del. Now is a better time than ever to introduce the Lizard after establishing Dr. Connors like that. Though I wonder what they'll do about the symbiote sample that Connors has in his lab?

Lizard & Venom 2 movie? Or maybe they combine the two villains into some kind of symbiote Lizard. I just can't see them going to such a lackluster villain like Mysterio, ManWolf, the Vulture or others and honestly think anyone will want them after introducing and killing Venom so fast.

Slothy
05-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Though I wonder what they'll do about the symbiote sample that Connors has in his lab?

Doesn't anyone think that if he didn't destroy it already Peter would have gone and done it himself? Honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath on anything in the next movie involving that symbiote.

Comet
05-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Anyone ever thought about Toxin?

Slothy
05-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Anyone ever thought about Toxin?

If they were going to do another symbiote character, they'd go for Carnage. Toxin is a relatively obscure character, and the general public wouldn't be remotely familiar with him. Besides that he's a hero, not a villian, and I don't think the focus should be diverted from Spider-man in the hero department.

Spammerman
05-16-2007, 09:06 PM
That symbiote os prolly Carnage. My sources say so.

escobert
05-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Carnage fucking rocks and that's final.

Spammerman
05-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Carnage smurfing rocks and that's final.

Eiko Guy
05-17-2007, 01:00 AM
^^^^^Totally

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-17-2007, 04:17 AM

Says who?

Slothy
05-17-2007, 04:24 AM

Says who?

People who've never picked up a comic book, let alone one with him in it.