PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Message when Santuary is played in reverse?

Spawn of Sephiroth
05-02-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm not sure if any of you have seen this yet. When the song is played backwards, you hear these lyrics. And the thing about it is they are really clear to. But here is the list of the lyrics that you can clearly make out in the song even though they are in the video.

1. I need more affection than you know
2. someone know
3. turn it down
4. he was Ansem
5. wasn't it easy
6. yeah i was him
7. we all three grew
8. I hear I was Ansem, I hear I was Ansem
9. And now you shall sleep
10. and it was real and I never knew it
11. now I can't close it, it finally slips
12. I hate emotions, I need true emotions
13. I will not destroy them
14. Closing Hurry
15. we are all
16. even we still laugh
17. we shall be back

Then, while the opening scene is playing backwards and you hear Sora's voice and this is what he is saying pretty clear as well.

18. Namine, sorry
19. I see, but now it went away.
20. The mirror; put your rights against the mirror forward and far
21. You are meant far off against the mirror that has your rights

but I found this on a website:

Website where I found article (http://www.destructoid.com/sora-is-dead-hidden-kingdom-hearts-ii-lyrics-30530.phtml)
Watch the movie and here the lyrics in reverse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ushx_UaSKsw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Edestructoid%2Ecom%2Fsora%2Dis%2Ddead%2Dhidden%2Dkingdom%2Dhearts%2Dii%2Dlyri cs%2D30530%2Ephtml)

I am not sure what they mean, but it is making me think of so many ways that this may be connected to the next KH. Especially the sleep part, and I hear I was Ansem. I believe this has something to do with it. And each of these relates to the characters in one way or another.It is really wierd and creepy. So do any of you believe that this may have something to do with any relevance of future KH games?

SeeDRankLou
05-02-2007, 08:42 AM
There are lines in Sanctuary that are intended to be backwards. They are:

I need more affection than you know
I need true emotions

Those lines are said several times in reverse through the song, but those are the only two lines that I know of that were intended to be played backwards. I watched the video, and all of those other lines, as interesting as some of them are, are just coincidence that the guy is making. The artist of this song released the lyrics, and she specified what lines where played backwards. I don't think she would have hid any of them.

Fynn
05-02-2007, 08:44 AM
That clip was so creepy...
Anyway... The part with Sora saying "Namine, sorry" and all that was kinda his subconsciousness speaking. Maybe it remembers the events of Castle Oblivion but is sorry for Sora forgetting... I dunno...

The interesting part is that she sings "And now you shall sleep" when Namine is making Sora fall asleep and Kairi is lying in Hollow Bastion as if she were asleep. Also, the bit "I hear I was Ansem" is sung when we can see Riku possesed by Ansem... "We all three grew"... Hmm... I think the whole lyrics might concern Sora, Riku and Kairi...

Or...

If the Enigmatic Soldier from the FM+ secret ending is ideed Xehanort before losing his memories, thus becoming "Ansem" later, then I think these lyrics might be the reunion of the three soldiers...

Although these lyrics have been created way before even the announcement of KH II FM+... But there's just so many things that fit in... Perhaps it IS just a coincidence... But I don't believe in those :P

Anyway, this clip explains why I've always found Sanctuary so disturbing... Even though it's beautiful...

P.S. Well, most of them are barely understanable, but besides the lyrics intended to be heard backwards, the "I hear I was Ansem" bits were really clear...

Spawn of Sephiroth
05-02-2007, 01:23 PM
I don't believe in coincidences either. There has to be a reason for it.

Fynn
05-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Again - subconscience? Maybe Utada really feels Kingdom Hearts :p

Clawsze
05-02-2007, 04:33 PM
That was WEIRD.....but it can't be coincidence, some lines just fit TOO well.

Mercen-X
05-02-2007, 04:35 PM
subconscience

subconscious.

Spawn of Sephiroth
05-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Its also wierd how the lyrics fits to the movie parts as they are playing backwards.

Clawsze
05-02-2007, 04:40 PM
I said that, don't repeat it Spawn.

Marshall Banana
05-02-2007, 05:55 PM
This has been done to several of Utada's songs. I'm not convinced that any of them really have hidden messages, though. =O

Albel
05-02-2007, 10:44 PM
First of all, that was really creepy and it wasnt Sora talking at the begining/end is was Roxas. And the only clear words I could here were: 'Namine, sorry' and 'I need more affection than you know'

Fynn
05-02-2007, 10:53 PM
subconscience

subconscious.

Forgive me, I'm not a native. Even though I HAVE been speaking English since the age of three, we had American neighbours and Cartoon Network I still have trouble with the more complicated words (in writing of course). This is confusing to me, because I don't know whether it comes from 'conscience' or 'consciousness'.
If I have offended anyone at all with this mistake, then I am terribly sorry.

Fynn
05-03-2007, 07:24 AM
Anyway, no, that is Sora speaking in the beginning. Their voice-overs might be pretty similar in the English version and in the Japanese version Roxas had a typical anime voice-over of a woman dubbing a twelve-year-old. I watched the Japanese version of the opening, and that was definitely Sora.

The Mog Ninja
05-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Coincidence. It's like someone playing a song backwards and saying "See, a secret message! They said ramalamadingdong!"

Hazzard
05-03-2007, 06:23 PM
THATS WACKY

Markus. D
05-03-2007, 06:57 PM
The parts in reverse are the only truly accurate things.

regardless. it sounds real pretty in reverse and is still was very interesting to watch :D

Unless ovcourse Passion translates to the same thing in Japanese. Than this can kinda you know... be ruled out of anything...

rikkugurl13
05-03-2007, 09:46 PM
ok thats just creepy.i didn't even get through it all.

Fynn
05-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Well, you should. The endinding (or beginning) is the most interesting, since it's not even a song anymore. The bit "Namine, sorry" is quite clear...

Now, why is this dusturbing to me (or anyone else for that matter)... It's not like Madonna - her hidden messages are satanic. This one even shares a theme with the original...

Tavrobel
05-03-2007, 11:15 PM
Hail this Nazi land.

Clawsze
05-04-2007, 03:23 PM
OMG!!!!! Tavvy's a Nazi!!!....no surprise's there.

Tavrobel
05-04-2007, 06:14 PM

You fail for not understanding the reference, and having one of them n00bish "what character am I" pictures in your signature. Also, I am more accurately defined as Communist, so you fail once again.

Clawsze
05-04-2007, 07:22 PM

You fail for not understanding the reference, and having one of them n00bish "what character am I" pictures in your signature. Also, I am more accurately defined as Communist, so you fail once again.

Tavrobel, people have the right to put whatever they f****** want in their sig, heck, I could diss you for constantly putting people down when they have an opinion, or blatently braging about how "awesome" you are, calling people n00bs just because they're not as good as you, well, people who call people n00bs, are n00bs and I know a great place where you and your followers can go, i've been there and some people there are exactly like you....trolls....
GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com)
Also, if you find KH2 so easy, why play it if you are going to just press a single button and watch the screen.

To the other people of the board, I am sorry if I went overboard, but that had to be said, and if I have commited a crime.....I deserve the punishment.

Mercen-X
05-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Forgive me, I am terribly sorry.

It's fine, I'm just a grammar/spelling nazi. I make mistakes too, but the only we learn is with help.

There are like 500 people on these forums who are older than me and have grown up in America and been taught to read and write in good schools and they still post crap with bad grammar and horrid spelling.

Sanctuary . . . I recently read in Anime Insider that only "I need more affection than you know" was intended to be recorded backward. Nothing else . . . NOTHING!

To the other people of the board, I am sorry if I went overboard, but that had to be said, and if I have commited a crime.....I deserve the punishment.
It should've been taken to PM.

Tavrobel
05-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Tavrobel, people have the right to put whatever they f****** want in their sig, heck, I could diss you for constantly putting people down (B) (F)

when they have an opinion, or blatently braging about how "awesome" (A)

thsi r teh el oh el (http://www.gamefaqs.com) (C)

why play it [a game] if you are going to just press a single button and watch the screen. (D)

To the other people of the board, I am sorry if I went overboard, but that had to be said (E)

and if I have commited a crime.....I deserve the punishment.

A) I am that awesome

B) you really need to learn the difference between comedy and actual insult, and not really, since what you call a "diss" requires that you inform someone of something that they do not already know, and a "burn" requires that you make a successful attempt at humor; I have done so, and you have not, and to be able to diss someone, you must have some form of superiority, and yet, I see no proof of yours anywhere

C) GameFAQs is uncultured, while I am; ever called of someone named Carl Jung? You should read up on him, he's quite fascinating, but of course, I won't ever have to worry about you coming out of the cave (read up on Aristotle, too, he's also a good friend of mine)

D) have you ever played an RPG before? A single button? LOL!

E) of course it needed to be said; however, just because you say it, doesn't mean it will amount to anything

F) of course I'm arrogant and condescending, it's what I do

G) you still are a n00b, but I'll overlook it because you have newb tendencies

H) YTMND

I) go read General Chat, and then after that, read 1984

Goldenboko
05-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Secret messages are easy to find because of the human mind, I managed to find "Sometimes I kill!" by playing "Final Fantasy is an RP" from Legendary Frog's Chocobo remix backwords. Does that mean Legendary Frog is a murderer? No, it just proves the human mind is an amazing thing.

Skyblade
05-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Try listening to it without reading the captions. Except for the lines "I need more affection than you know" and "I need true emotions" (which, as has been pointed out, were supposed to be that way), most of them are fairly nonsensical. When you read the captions, it gives your mind a template to try to fit the words to, and they seem to make more sense than they actually do.

StarlightAngel
05-05-2007, 12:00 AM
It would have to work for both Japanese and English for me to be convinced that something's up.

Psychotic
05-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Clawze and Tavrobel, if you want to continue this wonderful debate, please take it to PMs and keep it out of this thread. Thank you~ :jess:

Alsray
05-05-2007, 01:06 AM
i remember when i first heard that, and it does fitt ing perfectly,i've been playing it over and over, MOST of it is quite clear, and still beautiful, now, we know that a lot of songs backwards are satanic, Like "stairway to Heaven", it is ironic in that one, the backwards is Satanic, now, i'm gonna find the backwards Japanese

Ashley Schovitz
05-05-2007, 02:39 AM
That's pretty slick, Square done there thing. I just realized that the only thing I actually understood in the song forwards was My Sanctuary and now. m It seems that those lyrics refer both to Riku and Xenahort but more to Xenahort as it says that he was Ansem and he needed more emotions to become whole. That's because he was a nobody with no true emotions lacking of a heart. it also refers to Riku by that he was too also Ansem and it says something about us three referring to KH trio of Sora, Kairi, and Riku. I have no clue with the begginning part with Sora, i'm clueless on that. That's pretty slick though.

Clawsze
05-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Clawze and Tavrobel, if you want to continue this wonderful debate, please take it to PMs and keep it out of this thread. Thank you~ :jess:

Sorry, I'm finished blurting out, I was in a bad mood.....my PS2 wouldn't play FF7 so I went a little crazy.

Also, I am sorry Tavrobel.

ANYWAY, back on topic, nearly all the phrases said backward fit into the song, am I the only one who finds that interesting?

Secret messages are easy to find because of the human mind, I managed to find "Sometimes I kill!" by playing "Final Fantasy is an RP" from Legendary Frog's Chocobo remix backwords. Does that mean Legendary Frog is a murderer? No, it just proves the human mind is an amazing thing.

That is news.....I must think about this.....aha.....the human mind is an incredible thing, yet, is easily fooled. This proves why, if you evesdrop on someone and cannot hear them properly, their words are different to what they actually say because you WANT to hear that.

Jessweeee♪
05-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Ooopsie ^-^

I really need to check the forums before I make new topics n.n

I like the backwards lyrics...I wonder if she did that on purpose? It's a very odd coincidence.

StarlightAngel
05-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Ooopsie ^-^

I really need to check the forums before I make new topics n.n

I like the backwards lyrics...I wonder if she did that on purpose? It's a very odd coincidence.

She only did two lines backwards on purpose that we know are official. We can't say for sure that the entire song backwards is to mean anything.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-12-2007, 09:15 PM
pretty creepy

Fynn
05-12-2007, 10:08 PM
*With Xemnas' voice* Indeed...
Akhem... And yet, Madonna's are creepier. Nearly all of her songs, when played backwards, are about Satan...

Clawsze
05-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Madonna's are creepier. Nearly all of her songs, when played backwards, are about Satan...

Well, if you reverse lots of songs, they make weird lyrics, but HERS just take the pie.