PDA

View Full Version : kanishiwa, eoff-san

Garnie
05-02-2007, 03:02 PM
hey im looking for a new anime to watch!
i really like things like love hina,ah!my goddess and stuff so what im looking for is your typical high school comedy, or a love story with comedy in it! what would you recomend?
thanx

Renmiri
05-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Inuyasha ? It has Kigome's high school, a comic love story... and demons, battles and stuff :D

JKTrix
05-02-2007, 04:01 PM
wth is kanishiwa?

Are you looking for stuff to buy, or relatively brand new and unlicensed stuff that isn't coming on dvd yet (fansub)? I can recommend some from either, but you can narrow it down for me. Harem anime is one of the more popular genres, there are lots.

Agent Proto
05-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Azumanga Daioh is something you might enjoy.

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-02-2007, 04:31 PM
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Ouran High School Host Club.

EDIT: Great Teacher Onizuka is also another good one.

EDIT2: Fruits Basket. For a love story try Fushigi Yuugi perhaps.

black orb
05-02-2007, 04:41 PM
>>> High school?, love stories? what are you, are girl? oh wait. you are..
Anyway If you want to laugh your ass off go and watch Gintama.

JKTrix
05-02-2007, 05:02 PM
As much as I love our samurai with a natural perm, I gotta say that Kyon>Sakata Gintoki.

Although, some of the stuff that people have mentioned are not 'romantic comedies', just comedies (Azumanga, Suzumiya). For a girl though, I would definitely reccomend Ouran High School Host Club when it's available (already licensed, no DVDs yet).

To broaden your anime horizons ever-so-slightly: Rumbling Hearts (aka Kimi ga Nozomu Eien) is now out on DVD in its entirety (3 DVDs). I dislike the english name for it, but it is one of the 'school people love story' anime that left the biggest impact on me. It is *not* a comedy, in fact it might even make you cry. If you can deal with the lack of comedy, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Honestly, I lost all interest in any brand of 'school love'--comedy or otherwise--after I finished KGNE. Most everything else in the genre up until and since then has paled in comparison.

Marshall Banana
05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Yep, there's a lot of love in Inuyasha; Naraku loves Kikyou who loves Inuyasha who loves Kikyou and Kagome (who loves Inuyasha back), but Houjou and Kouga also love Kagome, and Ayame loves Kouga. Miroku loves Sango and every attractive woman he meets, and Sango loves Miroku. Shippou loves the little orphan girl with the fake Shikon fragment.

I'm forgetting some, I know. It's possible that Inuyasha has feelings for Shippou or Kaede, even. The beautiful Sesshoumaru loves no one. XP

Full Moon wo Saga:skull::skull::skull::skull:e has a cute and funny love story. I think it's best in manga form, though.
^Apparently a bad word is still a bad word when it makes up another word. That says S-A-G-A-S-H-I-T-E.

Reles
05-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Azumanga Daioh is hilarious. You can find it on google video also. *nodnod*

JKTrix
05-02-2007, 06:10 PM
I personally do not reccomend InuYasha if you haven't started it already. Especially if you're going to buy the stuff. It's too long, not really that good, and by time the anime ends the story still isn't quite finished.

One opinion I've seen is that it's "Dragon Ball Z for Girls". Which is not entirely inaccurate (While DBZ is legendary, InuYasha is not.) Just so that it doesnt' seem like I'm unneccesarily harping on InuYasha, I'll say that it's not a terrible show. I have seen worse. It has several good points. I just think that one should go for higher quality/more worthwhile stuff before the not-so-high quality.

Due to your age, I would reccomend something a little more mature: Escaflowne. It's close enough to InuYasha in that it's an action-ish show with love and stuff, except it's much shorter and is actually something you need to watch as an anime fan. And the music is awesome.

Mirage
05-02-2007, 06:12 PM
As much as I love our samurai with a natural perm, I gotta say that Kyon>Sakata Gintoki.

Although, some of the stuff that people have mentioned are not 'romantic comedies', just comedies (Azumanga, Suzumiya). For a girl though, I would definitely reccomend Ouran High School Host Club when it's available (already licensed, no DVDs yet).

To broaden your anime horizons ever-so-slightly: Rumbling Hearts (aka Kimi ga Nozomu Eien) is now out on DVD in its entirety (3 DVDs). I dislike the english name for it, but it is one of the 'school people love story' anime that left the biggest impact on me. It is *not* a comedy, in fact it might even make you cry. If you can deal with the lack of comedy, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Honestly, I lost all interest in any brand of 'school love'--comedy or otherwise--after I finished KGNE. Most everything else in the genre up until and since then has paled in comparison.
I saw the first episode and was pretty bored. Try talking me into finishing it? :p

The Summoner of Leviathan
05-02-2007, 06:14 PM
The Vision of Escaflowne is <3 especially the music. Yoko Kanno is <3.

D.N. Angel is also another good series. If you do not mind a bit of a mixture of heterosexual and homosexual relationships, then Loveless is also another good choice with good music.

JKTrix
05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Stuff about Rumbling Hearts
I saw the first episode and was pretty bored. Try talking me into finishing it? :p

That was directed to the topic creator, an 'older' girl, who is looking for a show about love n' stuff. I wouldn't really reccomend it to someone who isn't looking for that kind of show. That would probably encompass most males, which I'm assuming you are (though your profile gender shows 'A'). Shows particularly/only about Love/Romance aren't my thing either, which is part of the reason why nothing after KGNE interested me.

Oh, except KareKano/His and Her Circumstances, which started off great then kind of tapered off.

Shows where 'Love' is not the central focus, but a big part of it I love, since it's not just school kids angsting/blushing over each other the entire time. RahXephon, Escaflowne, Eureka 7 are 3 of my favourites, coincidentally made by the same group of people. Throw in some giant robots or some world-ending aliens and a great story, I'm set.

black orb
05-03-2007, 04:49 AM
>>> The actor who make their voices is the same guy right?

Fanboyism aside, I still thinking that Gintama is the funniest anime ever, no contest..

Wolf Kanno
05-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Watch Paradise Kiss. I just finished this series and damn was it good (though short... 12 episodes) It is a romance with a bit of comedy and one of the best soundtracks to come out of an anime series in awhile.

It's a about a girl who gets talked into helping four fashion students with their finals project. They ask her to be their model and she falls for the designer George. It's a very cute series about learning to find yourself and trying new things. It's love story is a bit bittersweet but well done.

NeoCracker
05-03-2007, 08:22 AM
If you are into Action, and don't mind downloading, Theres always the sub of Law of Ueki, which I love greatly. The Meloncholy of Haruhi is also hilarious. Though I think the funniest of all anime is Ouran High School Host Club. Also, cowboy Bebop. Simply Awesome.

If your like some more sur-real concepts, there is always one of my perosnal Favorites, PAranoia Agent.

JKTrix
05-03-2007, 12:58 PM

I am very very impressed that you caught that. Was kinda expecting it to fly over everyone's head.

But this thread is about helping the girl find a romance anime, with some comedy (Read the first post again). Basically, any shoujo anime. All this other stuff that people are reccomending will only confuse the original poster, if she isn't already (or if she's still even looking here).

To try and ease it up, I'll list the stuff mentioned so far that are too far from the Romance area:
-Paranoia Agent
-Law of Ueki
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-Cowboy Bebop
-Gintama :P
-Azumanga Daioh

Onizuka is pushing it a little. There's pretty good romance in there, but it doesn't really go anywhere.

These are all reccomendable shows, if you want something good you can pick any of these. But they aren't what she's looking for right now.

Garnie
05-04-2007, 11:11 AM
thanx for all of the refuralls i actully found one that isnt that bad
Galaxy anglesiv seen the high school one (well actully 5 mins of it) and it just gives me the impreshion of a load of gay pretty boys, so ill pass on that one lols

NeoCracker
05-04-2007, 09:24 PM

I am very very impressed that you caught that. Was kinda expecting it to fly over everyone's head.

But this thread is about helping the girl find a romance anime, with some comedy (Read the first post again). Basically, any shoujo anime. All this other stuff that people are reccomending will only confuse the original poster, if she isn't already (or if she's still even looking here).

To try and ease it up, I'll list the stuff mentioned so far that are too far from the Romance area:
-Paranoia Agent
-Law of Ueki
-The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
-Cowboy Bebop
-Gintama :P
-Azumanga Daioh

Onizuka is pushing it a little. There's pretty good romance in there, but it doesn't really go anywhere.

These are all reccomendable shows, if you want something good you can pick any of these. But they aren't what she's looking for right now.

Actually, Haruhi could very well be classified as a Romantic Comedy. At least as much of one as Ouran High School Club.

And if you wanna count Mr. Kimura's feelings for Chihiro, then Azumanga could be passed as romantic. I know his emotions always bring a tear to my eye.

Goldenboko
05-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Eureka Seven has an amazing love story and gets really funny at parts... but it has nothing to do with high school. XP

PS-
YouTube - Eureka 7 Episode 1 Part 1 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=6k9dLuXex2w&mode=related&search=)
YouTube - Eureka 7 Episode 1 Part 2 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=9bwAW7YusFo&mode=related&search=)
YouTube - Eureka 7 Episode 1 Part 3 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=7Xny3rfQQZQ&mode=related&search=)

Mirage
05-04-2007, 10:29 PM
If you want a cute and a bit funny anime, you should also try Chobits, even though it doesn't have any high-school stuff. Love is also a strong theme, but it might not be mainly romantic love.