PDA

View Full Version : ruby weapon stratagy

Lynx
05-02-2007, 05:50 PM
so ive beaten ruby weapon many years ago and i can remember my stratgy perfectly so anyone who has beaten ruby weapon whats your stratagy?

edczxcvbnm
05-02-2007, 06:16 PM
The lazy strategy.

W-Summon KOTR/Hades.
Mega-Elixir/W-Item

Repeat until dead.

Zechs
05-03-2007, 04:34 AM
Kill 2 members. Engage Ruby. Use Hades (slow, dark and stop), revive members. Whip ass!

Big D
05-03-2007, 05:32 AM
There's an even lazier strategy: Start with one character, W-Summon KotR - but target the tentacles, thus killing them instantly. Mime continually. As soon as the tentacles revive, KotR will automatically target them instead of Weapon, 'cause they're your "actual" target.

Lynx
05-03-2007, 07:35 AM
i go in with 2 characters dead. have my liveing character with hp<->mp and final attack=phoenix. he hits his first attack as his limit causeing an all of 2000 damage. then after he dies and everyone is alive and its w-summon kotr. quadra magic= bahamut zero. useing big guard e-skill to keep characters alive longer. and the occasional swing or omnislash from cloud with his added effect=hades to cause status damage as well as hp damage. repeat that long complicateing process without the use of mime or any elixers.

10-Breaker
05-08-2007, 08:42 PM
My tech. is to whack and shine... (I always practise too much.)

Darxzero
05-09-2007, 03:36 PM
Easy Way

2 Dead Characters
W-Summon Hades and KOTR
Mime
Repeat until finished

I was level 50 something when I did this.

Peter_20
05-09-2007, 03:39 PM
I think I was taking a shower during that fight. :D

I used this strategy:

Knights of Round = HP Absorb
Mime = Counter
W-Summon

ARMOUR:
Fire = Elemental

hanawa
06-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Start with 2 characters dead
Hades + W-Summon
Revive / Phoenix on the deads (but don't really recommend the bird as it'll + Ruby's HP)
Regen / Cure 3
Whack Ruby with W-Summon + Knights of Round till it drops dead...
Use Limits as well :D

IpwnUthisMuch|------|
06-07-2007, 08:19 AM
enter battle with 2 characters dead

cloud needs to be able to tank one hit

setup cloud like this:

Sneak Attack=KOTR, Master Summon or KOTR=HP Absorb, Counter=Mime

you don't even have to touch your controller :-0

Skyblade
06-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Aside from the KotR and Hades spamfest, one time I did do things differently.

Cid at one point, when equipped with two Green Materia, had a maximum health of 7777. Went in with two team members dead, as per usual, revive, and watch the fun. The massive attack burst hits his tentacles too, but still, it makes short work of the big guy.

Leonheart188
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
you all do it the hard way, i just use super sweeper and he dies, fight over, simple as that :D

Sefie1999AD
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I enter the battle with 2 characters dead, and I begin by W-Summoning Phoenix and Hades. I have someone cast Big Guard, and the rest is W-Summoning Knights of the Round (linked to HP Absorb) and Miming it. Sometimes Ruby might wake up and counter KotR with Ultima. At that point, I either cast Hades and then get back to spamming KotR (Master Summon lets you cast a Summon as many times as you want), or I just keep Miming until Ruby dies.

Lynx
06-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Easy Way

2 Dead Characters
W-Summon Hades and KOTR
Mime
Repeat until finished

I was level 50 something when I did this.

wow thats quite the low level for ruby. i should replay FFVII see what level i can beat them on now that im smarter :p

i also like to use counter combinations to make things fun like "haha ruby you hit me eat 4 bahamut zeros" makes the battle fun. for some reason i normally sneak attack odin why odin of all choices i dont know.

theundeadhero
06-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I push X until it falls over.

Sword
06-11-2007, 02:18 PM
In all the years I've owned this game I have never beat Ruby. Mind you I'm not saying I suck at it, I probably could. I've only attempted it once or twice is all. I will try sometime in the near future and maybe use one of these strategies. (Atually I've never beat emerald either except with cheats, but that doesn't count)