PDA

View Full Version : Sakaguchi Won't Play this Game

Bolivar
05-03-2007, 05:39 PM
On FFXII's wikipedia site, there is a report that

Matsuno's departure was regretted by series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi, who declined to play Final Fantasy XII beyond the introduction.

but it doesn't say if he regrets Matsuno's departure from the series, or his leaving the development team for FFXII, due to health concerns.

Does anyone know for sure which he meant by this?

And if he meant the latter, why do you think Sakaguchi is so upset with the team that took over FFXII?

IMO the man should get over it and give it a try, maybe he'd actually enjoy it. Despite all my frustrations with this game, I've still spent more time playing it than any other FF, save maybe VII and Tactics, but I overplayed them whereas i'm not close to finishing all the sidequests in XII.

What do you think?

Wolf Kanno
05-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Let's face it, Matsuno is most likely gone and his "illness" may have been used as a ploy to cover up him leaving Sqeenix. I know that Sakeguchi is probably sad cause it was he himself that got Matsuno working for Square in the first place at least if I remember correctly.

It's regrettable he won't at least play XII some more though. I felt it was a good game and one of the better ones in the series.

Setzer Gabianni
05-04-2007, 08:37 AM
There's a thread about this on a forum I go to, and I think the man is just being extremely silly/bitter. He may as well play it, instead of just acting like a child.

Renmiri
05-04-2007, 04:11 PM
On another thread Sakaguchi is dissing the PS3, the Wii AND even his favorite, XBOX

The man is on a funky mood.

Bolivar
05-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Let's face it, Matsuno is most likely gone and his "illness" may have been used as a ploy to cover up him leaving Sqeenix. I know that Sakeguchi is probably sad cause it was he himself that got Matsuno working for Square in the first place at least if I remember correctly.

It's regrettable he won't at least play XII some more though. I felt it was a good game and one of the better ones in the series.

Matsuno has left? This doesn't bear good for the Ivalice Alliance...

I also found the text, it was a remark he made to EGM, and he said you can't expect a game to be that great when Matsuno, one of the main creators, leaves halfway through production.

I still think he should give it a try. Maybe it would even inspire him to come back on board for one more. Except the heads at Squeenix may not take him back at this point.

Elpizo
05-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Sakagushi should just make another movie, bankrupt Mistwalker by doing so and get kicked out of gaming industry forever. I'm tired of his critisism and exclaims. He says all kind of stuff and makes it sound like he would be able to do it all better. That man has got it way over his head, I'm afraid.

Yeah, he created Final Fantasy and Squaresoft. Big deal. He almost bankrupted them as well.

And about XII, we all know it's development was incredibly troubled. I think we should be glad XII still turned out as good as it did, despite all its problems during development, no?

Roto13
05-04-2007, 10:44 PM
It's regrettable he won't at least play XII some more though.Who cares? If he wants to be a whiny bitch, let him be a whiny bitch. None of us have to deal with him.

The black mage
05-04-2007, 10:58 PM
Sakaguchi was a amazing programer in the time of the NES/SNES. However after he left FF, FF6 and FF7 where made. Plus he was the one behind Sprits within :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: . Probaly the reason he left square.
Thought i'll just post this 'ere

Bolivar
05-05-2007, 12:43 AM
And about XII, we all know it's development was incredibly troubled. I think we should be glad XII still turned out as good as it did, despite all its problems during development, no?

very true.

Ashley Schovitz
05-05-2007, 02:28 AM
Yeah, he created Final Fantasy and Squaresoft. Big deal. He almost bankrupted them as well.

There's no forgive or forget is there? It's just like a wise man has siad When you're right, no one remembers, but when you're wrong no one forgets.
Tis a shame and I don't care, let the man do what he wants he's a human that should be free to do whatewver he wants accept put others to death and make others miserable because that's just not plain fair.

atlanteay
05-05-2007, 02:59 AM
the man is pretty smart. Only the intro to FF12 is actually good xD

jk jk, FF12 is okay. The guy obviously doesn't want to play it and i respect his ability to resist the urge.

Roto13
05-05-2007, 03:43 AM
If, hypothetically, he has the urge to play it and he's denying himself that out of spite, would that really be a reason to respect them instead of a reason to... well, call them a whiny bitch?