PDA

View Full Version : Eternity Colossus

DM_Melkhar
05-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Anyone know what this is all about?

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5453/ffviismallsizeartboxforrv0.png

Was randomly searching for inspiring FF pictures, and came across this.

-Edit-

Cloud and Sephiroth on FFVII's PS3 cover?

Yes, while on goolging differnt things I came across my desktop picture. Is this the face of Final Fantasy VII on the PS3? Who knows... it looks like the real deal. The thing that catches my attention though is its subtitle "Eternity Colossus" what could that mean? When I came acroos this, the very next day I told some friends of mine about it and... they were stunned!!

Possibly "Eternity Colossus" could mean Sephiroth's stature in the title, or Meteor, as seen by the eyes of the townfolk in that gane, etc., etc.There are many answers to that question! If I find it out I'll surely let any Final Fantasy fans know about it including interested newcomers. I know this will get people talking so spread the word:'FFVII is called "Eternty Colssus"!!!'

Go start talking people ( clap clap)!!!

Mercen-X
05-03-2007, 06:27 PM
I would wager that's a joke. They basically took two pics from Advent Children and slapped it on a PS3 case. If Squee actually planned to make a new game, count on the fact that they'd be a little more original in choosing their cover design.

DM_Melkhar
05-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Temporary cover so I read.
It's on Gametrailers.com

And what's more, they would use the AC models for a remake anyway.
We've seen proof of that in their technical demo, and if you watch AC carefully, you can see that they are models that can be used in-game as well (depending on the angles you see the characters at). I know this...how? I have a friend who knows and has studied this kind of thing.

What I have posted above is all I have currently found.
To be honest, we can't tell whether it's real or fake. If it were real, someone's been very naughty and leaked it, because the only other information I can find online is in French or Italian.

Also, the half-cape that Cloud wears in AC is on his left side where his shoulde guard is. On that cover, it's not even present at all. In the long run, fans nagged Square for so long about a sequel that they eventually make Advent Children, and then come up with two prequels and an additional sequel as well as that. Do you think that they'd really pass up the opportunity to make even more money by not remaking VII? They'd make more money than they did with the original at a guess, especially as it would be in next gen graphics. I knew people who wouldn't play the original game because they hated the graphics.

NeoCracker
05-03-2007, 09:03 PM
This is not a damned remake. Its isn't even a real ps3 case. Also I highly dought they would tag on such a silly name to FF VII. "Eternity Colossus doesn't fit Sephiroth or Meteor, or anything in the game for that matter.

It's a very poorly made Joke.

Bolivar
05-04-2007, 01:02 AM
the cover just doesn't look right... too wide and the cover looks slightly fuzzy while the playstation 3 side does not.

although eternity colossus is something so random only square enix could make it up. we'll see but right now it's doubtful.

Slothy
05-04-2007, 02:01 AM
the cover just doesn't look right... too wide and the cover looks slightly fuzzy while the playstation 3 side does not.

Looks about the right width to me (remember that PS3 cases are shorter than DVD cases), but you're right about the fuzziness.

It's a hoax plain and simple. Some AC art photoshopped onto something that doesn't even resemble a legitimate PS3 case. If this were true, a blog isn't the first place you'd hear about it. It'd be all over the gaming media.

Enjolras
05-04-2007, 02:30 PM
And you can see that the words "Final Fantasy VII" aren't even with "Eternity Colossus". One would assume they'd have the words lined up. Another mark against this things authenticity.

DM_Melkhar
05-04-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I thought about all of this too....and it does look like a hoax.
However, I'm not going to bypass the thought/possibility that someone might know something and has posted this to try and arouse attention maybe? I only say that because if that's AC conceptual artwork, I've never come across that particular image before.

Of course it could just be someone playing a game, but I just thought I'd post it to see what people thought. I don't think Square would pass up the chance to make even more millions though. I'd like to think that something's going on that we can only hope to discover information on in the not so distant future.

Ramza Beoulve
05-05-2007, 09:13 AM
It's false.

The image is photoshopped. It is fuzzy while the other parts of the image are at perfect quality.

Next, like Enjorlas said before, the "Eternity Colossus" is not even with the "Final Fantasy VII"

Next, the Sony Computer Entertainment is wider than normal. Sony just wouldn't allow that.

And the most important thing that makes this box false: The CERO rating. The logo of CERO that the game has is the OLD symbol for "All Ages", while now the symbols CERO uses are this ones:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6977/newcerolq3.jpg

For the box to be considered real, it would had to use one of the symbols I showed (A in this case, is for All Ages)

So, the box is false.

Slothy
05-05-2007, 01:04 PM
As long as you're pointing out all of the flaws in the box art, I may as well point out one you missed. The blu-ray logo shown there would only appear on the back of the box, and appear very small, sitting right beside the Dolby Digital logo and others. No PS3 case has the blu-ray logo on the front directly on top of the box art (though there is one present on the plastic part of the case directly above the art).

Karellen
05-05-2007, 03:38 PM
http://imgred.com/http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/starkmaster/FFVIIUltimaniaOmegaBook.jpg

Mirage
05-05-2007, 04:56 PM
lulz

Hazzard
05-05-2007, 05:10 PM
http://imgred.com/http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/starkmaster/FFVIIUltimaniaOmegaBook.jpg

This sums it up.

Ramza Beoulve
05-05-2007, 05:41 PM
As long as you're pointing out all of the flaws in the box art, I may as well point out one you missed. The blu-ray logo shown there would only appear on the back of the box, and appear very small, sitting right beside the Dolby Digital logo and others. No PS3 case has the blu-ray logo on the front directly on top of the box art (though there is one present on the plastic part of the case directly above the art).
Jejeje, yeah, I missed that one, I have seen only three PS3 game cases in my life :), and well, for the image that has been shown, that solves the mistery of the image itself.

Renmiri
05-05-2007, 06:04 PM
lolz!

Someone got creative with MS Paint ;)

Slothy
05-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Jejeje, yeah, I missed that one, I have seen only three PS3 game cases in my life :), and well, for the image that has been shown, that solves the mistery of the image itself.

Yeah, it wasn't the first problem that I noticed and I have 7 PS3 cases sitting in my room so don't feel too bad. :D

Glad someone came up with the original artwork which certainly puts the final nail in this hoaxes coffin.

Ramza Beoulve
05-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah, it wasn't the first problem that I noticed and I have 7 PS3 cases sitting in my room so don't feel too bad. :D

Glad someone came up with the original artwork which certainly puts the final nail in this hoaxes coffin.
I guess it's time to create a Myth Destroyer Group jajajaja

DM_Melkhar
05-06-2007, 03:00 PM
We'll just have to keep on dreaming then...:confused:

Ramza Beoulve
05-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Yup, there could be a future FFVII game, but this isn't it, sorry.