PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Wi-Fi Problems

Momiji
05-04-2007, 01:47 AM
I'm trying to connect to my Wi-Fi Adapter with Pokémon Pearl, but it says it is unable to connect, even though the connectivity signal symbol momentarily shines green and 3 bars, then suddenly turns red.

What do I do? :cry:

Roto13
05-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Are you getting an error number?

Momiji
05-04-2007, 11:14 PM
It says:

Error Code: 52203

Unable to connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Confirm connection settings and access point settings.

Roto13
05-05-2007, 12:16 AM
http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/troubleshoot.do?error=52203&x=6&y=8 ?

ShunNakamura
05-06-2007, 06:02 AM
<span style="color:#FFCCFF">
If you still haven't got it working[even with Roto's link] a basic thing to check....

is your wireless connection WPA or WPA2 protected? Last I heard the DS only supports WEP protection. I don't know if it would throw you that error or not though.
</span>

Dragonahcas
05-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah, the Nintendo DS doesnt allow WPA (as I found out today) Change your wireless settings and you should connect fine.

Momiji
05-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, the Nintendo DS doesnt allow WPA (as I found out today) Change your wireless settings and you should connect fine.

Could you explain what WPA is? (Sorry, I'm retarded when it comes to computer hardware.)

ShunNakamura
05-06-2007, 10:01 PM
WPA, Wi-Fi Protected Access, and WPA2 are the newer wireless security protocols which are quite a bit safer than the WEP, Wired Equivalent Privacy, protocol.

Nintendo, for whatever silly reasons, chose only to support the older weaker WEP protocol.

If you got administrator access to your wireless router/access point you can check what security(if any) is set to your wireless connection. If you don't have admin access to your router/access point then you need to speak to the person who does and ask about the security.
</span>

Momiji
05-06-2007, 10:02 PM
WPA, Wi-Fi Protected Access, and WPA2 are the newer wireless security protocols which are quite a bit safer than the WEP, Wired Equivalent Privacy, protocol.

Nintendo, for whatever silly reasons, chose only to support the older weaker WEP protocol.

If you got administrator access to your wireless router/access point you can check what security(if any) is set to your wireless connection. If you don't have admin access to your router/access point then you need to speak to the person who does and ask about the security.
</span>

Yes, I have administrator access. Where do I go to mess with the settings?

ShunNakamura
05-06-2007, 10:53 PM
You just go to the router though your web browser(or at least most I mess with these days let you do that[would help if I knew what kind of router/access point you used]). You do this by typing the ip address of the router into your web browser.

At this point you should be prompted for your admin name and pass.

Once in it will likely differ depending on the brand, etc. With mine all stuff wireless(or close enough) is under the wireless section. From there you look for the bit that deals with 'Wireless Security' and than set the security mode as you wish. Mine surprisingly enough started as disabled.
</span>

Momiji
05-06-2007, 11:00 PM
You just go to the router though your web browser(or at least most I mess with these days let you do that[would help if I knew what kind of router/access point you used]). You do this by typing the ip address of the router into your web browser.

At this point you should be prompted for your admin name and pass.

Once in it will likely differ depending on the brand, etc. With mine all stuff wireless(or close enough) is under the wireless section. From there you look for the bit that deals with 'Wireless Security' and than set the security mode as you wish. Mine surprisingly enough started as disabled.
</span>

Okay...so (Remember, you're talking to a major computer retard here), how do I find what router/access point I'm using?

ShunNakamura
05-06-2007, 11:55 PM
The thing with the antenas is the wireless object you want to connect to. The model name and number could be utilized[just google] to locate the default accessing of it.
</span>