PDA

View Full Version : Damn entites

Project G
05-04-2007, 03:49 PM
WTF is up with the entites? Why are they soooooooo damn hard to kill? And I really don't like the way that they appear from nowhere if ur having a really easy time beating the other enemies in the area! Grrrrr anyone esle hate them?

Renmiri
05-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Hate them / Love them. They pwn all and look so cool!

Project G
05-04-2007, 04:05 PM
I must admit they do look cool, I mean a big floating ball of colour is pretty trippy especially if u r on an acid trip and u r playing FFXII

Renmiri
05-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Soo shiny! Trippy ;)

Project G
05-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Grrrr damn them and their immunity to physical attacks and their high magick resistance

Setzer Gabianni
05-04-2007, 04:38 PM
..Well don't fight them, simple as. Fight them when your a good few levels above them.

Sergeant Hartman
05-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Very good for EXP and LP.

Chloe.
05-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Very good for EXP and LP.

Oh yes.

I think they're pretty. :)

Bolivar
05-04-2007, 09:27 PM
usually they stay neutral, so i never really had to worry about them, although i think some gambits accidentally go at neutral monsters if you're not careful.

Little Blue
05-04-2007, 10:04 PM
The first time I got beat up by an Entite I was walking around the Yensa Sandsea with Penelo on Foe: Reflect: Attack since that one (at least) has reflect on it. I couldn't work out why they were attacking me! I was so scared whenever I saw them in the future.

I think (according to another thread here) they stay neutral provided you don't attack them or use any magic near them.

Hazzard
05-05-2007, 10:40 AM
They're easy once your 20 levels ahead of them. Physical attacks work like a charm at that stage. No tactics needed. Just hit the bastards into a oblivion.

Renmiri
05-05-2007, 06:23 PM
They're easy once your 20 levels ahead of them. Physical attacks work like a charm at that stage. No tactics needed. Just hit the bastards into a oblivion.

QFT!!!

I love the smell of demolished entites in the morning... Buahahaha! :p

Ko Ko
05-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I always ignore them until thier little bars turn red. :/
Then I flee! Even if I am level 60!

Cap'n Basch
05-06-2007, 01:54 PM
There is a certain degree of satisfaction to be had once you hit a decent level from going back and destroying a few Entites. I really recommend trying when your party is up to it. As long as you intiate combat (and this is important, don't let it get the drop on you) you should win.

Once I got the Zodiac Spear (I was around level 30 or something), I immediately went after the one Entite that had nearly wiped out my party (and who seems to do this to a lot of people) - the Salamand Entite. It went down quite quick to a Berserk'd Spear-wielding Basch.

gudkid
05-06-2007, 03:51 PM
dang... i'm level 60 and still i haven't got the zodiac spear but at least i'm very satisfied picking apart entities when i see one. hehehehe
i always put in mind that being immune to silence is the most important thing for me. :) yay!
ora ora!!!! BURNING!!!! GREAT-O!!!!!!

boys from the dwarf
05-06-2007, 05:29 PM
im a phon coast and i can eat most elementals. entites are much too powerful though.

there good EXP and LP but considering the time and effort it can take to beat them its not always worth it. its not always worth it. its nice to beat them and see them in the bestiary though.

No.78
05-06-2007, 08:58 PM
I love killing entites. BTW to those who don't know, they only attack if you use magic near them, :)

Mage_of_Fire
05-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Hate those bastards, they're as tough to kill as mobs 20 levels above them. lvl25 elemental vs. lvl38 marlboro in the waterway, I was able to kill the marlboro easily (was lvl25 or something at the time), but the elemental destroyed me.

I did get it to a standstill though. :P Put reflect on everyone and hit it. Too bad they go *immune* to magic at about halfway. WTF is up with that? Already impossible to kill them physically (at least until you're massively over them), and they go *immune* to magic?

I kill them all for spite now, damn things.

On another note, weapons with an element rape them.

Seiryuu
05-18-2007, 12:20 AM
I really, really, hate those entites.

Why? I can't even use white magic without them going "OMG LIEKZ U USED MAGK I R MAD SO I R KILZ U LOLOLOL".

Shattered Dreamer
05-18-2007, 12:34 AM
Love killing enties they think they are so great being so shiney and all

BizarroSephiroth
05-18-2007, 02:53 PM
I love killin them i killed all of them they are in my bestiary. I love just lookin at 'em!

Formalhaut
05-18-2007, 04:24 PM
Cute But deadly. 3 words sum on them buggers. I remember when I was raping everyone in the Yensa Sand sea, i was speeding trough so i click X X again and kill. I was going up stairs and could not see entite but click X, then X (Did not see monster on screen thing) It killed Ashe and Balthier (Not penelo and Vossler) I ran away witb them two, but then a yensa came and killed Vossler (30 hp!) then i ran with Penelo for a safe stop then cast revive or stuff (She was healer)

Little buggers.

Shiva_
06-06-2007, 05:46 AM
If you see one, turn your gambits off so one of your allies don't cast a magic spell. They only get hostile if they see magic being cast around them, and it's only "your magic" that they don't like.

Have Nishijin Belts handy in case one is hostile and uses Sleepga to put all of your allies to sleep. If your allies get put to sleep, the Entite will spam high level magic over and over again, and you will be in trouble (magic attacks don't wake your guys up), particularly if there are no other enemies nearby to physically attack you.

Hambone
06-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Entites are pretty! I came across one when I was in my 20's and looked it up in my guide and saw its stats and quickly ran off. :D

Shiva_
06-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I mentioned in a thread a while back that I got owned by an Undin Entite in the pharos tower one time right after defeating the boss in the 2nd ascent. That entite just appeared randomly under no specific conditions. It happened right as I was about to get my ability back in the ringed section. The entite used Sleepga on everyone and put everybody to sleep. Then it started spamming Waterga until all of my guys were dead. The entite was hostile to begin with and I didn't use any magic in the area before.

I just got through the pharos again (on my current challenge), and while I was there, I saw an Undin Entite again after I defeated a boss there. This time, it was in a ringed section in the 1st ascent, the section where you can teleport to the 2nd ascent.

That entite was hostile to begin with just like that other time. Eventhough I had my gambits OFF and DID NOT use a single magic spell in that section, his life bar was still red, so it indicated that it was hostile. Right as I was about to teleport to the 2nd ascent, it used Sleepga. But right as it was about to do it, I put Nishijin Belts on everybody so they would be immune to the Sleep status effect. I evaded the sleep and then teleported on.

My theory is that whenever you're fighting a boss there, although you're put into an illusionary place, you're technically still in the same section. During the battle, you're using magic a lot. That Entite could be roaming close-by where you're fighting the boss, and it may sense that you're using that magic. That's likely why, if one is there, then it's already hostile when you encounter it.

I've also seen that same Undin Entite before in the cerobi steppe whenever it's raining hard.

BG-57
06-20-2007, 12:42 AM
Speaking of Entites, is there a way to fight Gnoma Entites in Dalmasca Westersand after defeating the Earth Dragon? Or will I have to go back to an earlier save if I want a complete beastiary?

PuPu
06-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Speaking of Entites, is there a way to fight Gnoma Entites in Dalmasca Westersand after defeating the Earth Dragon? Or will I have to go back to an earlier save if I want a complete beastiary?

Enter the Westersand from the Giza Plains during the Rains to trigger a sandstorm.

McLovin'
06-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Kill them all later in the game...

Xatif
06-20-2007, 11:45 PM
First time I noticed an entite was on the Yensan sandsea. A little peek at the fickle creature's HP was enough to keep me at bay. Now, I whoop them all the same, with or without magic. I'm still looking for some more entites, as well as elementals.