PDA

View Full Version : best lead

Aerisfanatic
05-04-2007, 10:22 PM
ya anyway who do you think is the best lead in the series and why? ill proboly make a bestt supporting lead or female lead later

jammi567
05-04-2007, 11:50 PM
I noticed that you've missed out Terra

I picked Tidus, because of the way that he matures and grows throught the story.

Goldenboko
05-05-2007, 12:06 AM
Terra isn't actually a lead, you could argue, Locke, Terra, or Celes to be the lead of FFVI, so therefore it doesn't really have one.

Psychotic
05-05-2007, 12:27 AM
Cloud Strife. I could give you a detailed reason as to why, but why bother? These days, any praise of FFVII is read as "i am a drooling fanboy sephiroth is kewl".

i am a drooling fanboy sephiroth is kewl

FF_Chick
05-05-2007, 12:29 AM
I vote Celes, even though she isn't on the list. She never gave up on finding everyone after the world did that little dance. She never gives up hope.

The Crystal
05-05-2007, 12:45 AM
Terra isn't actually a lead, you could argue, Locke, Terra, or Celes to be the lead of FFVI, so therefore it doesn't really have one.

I know this is not a thread to discuss about who is the main character in FFVI but i really want to say something about it.
You don't need to use Terra in the game, and the same thing can be said about any other characters in FFVI. But she is diferent of the others. What make Terra be the main character are some little details that if you put together, will show you her importance in the game(above the others).
She is very important to the story, is in the logo of the game, you begin the game with her, the WoB music is her theme(like in FFVII with Cloud's theme), if i'm not mistaken she appear in the end even if you don't recruit her in the WoR, and most of comercials, pictures, etc about FFVI is her that we see the most.
Seriously, it's obvious she is the main character. She have the same importance of Celes in the story AND these other details mentioned above, that make her be the main.

Aerisfantatic, i think you should put her in the list.

And my favorite is Zidane. A good and kind guy without any trauma or mental problems, is not allways crying or whining, not emo, is allways trying to help people, and is funny. Some people complain he don't have much character development, but that don't make him a bad character. And he said one of the best and truthfull lines in all the series.
"You don't need a reason to help people". This just prove how awesome he is.

Aerisfanatic
05-05-2007, 01:00 AM
thats why i didnt mention her but you can say her if you want

Bolivar
05-05-2007, 01:12 AM
To me it's a tossup between Cecil and Bartz, but I voted for the latter because he'll probably get the least amount of votes on the list.

Goldenboko
05-05-2007, 02:47 AM

I know this is not a thread to discuss about who is the main character in FFVI but i really want to say something about it.
You don't need to use Terra in the game, and the same thing can be said about any other characters in FFVI. But she is diferent of the others. What make Terra be the main character are some little details that if you put together, will show you her importance in the game(above the others).
She is very important to the story, is in the logo of the game, you begin the game with her, the WoB music is her theme(like in FFVII with Cloud's theme), if i'm not mistaken she appear in the end even if you don't recruit her in the WoR, and most of comercials, pictures, etc about FFVI is her that we see the most.
Seriously, it's obvious she is the main character. She have the same importance of Celes in the story AND these other details mentioned above, that make her be the main.

Aerisfantatic, i think you should put her in the list.

My point is right here, in the exact same thread, someone said Celes was the lead. Terra was very important to the WoB, but Celes was also important to WoR, and Locke is important throughout (in and out he has his roles), if you want to reply to this, DON'T make another thread, end of discussion.

Dr. Acula
05-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Cloud is my choice, with Terra coming in a close second.

Ramza Beoulve
05-05-2007, 08:34 AM
and Ramza? :(

Little Blue
05-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Zidane Tribal.

Hazzard
05-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Squall all the way, baby!

Takara
05-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Just because a character is in the logo doesn't mean it's the lead character. Kain is in the FFIV logo for example, yet it's clear Cecil is the lead. Same with Gabranth for the FFXII logo.

Of those listed, I choose Zidane. Otherwise my choice would have been Ramza.

Aerisfanatic
05-05-2007, 04:36 PM
i would just go back and add someone but i dont know how
little help?

Goldenboko
05-05-2007, 05:08 PM
i would just go back and add someone but i dont know how
little help?

You can't
(No reason to anyway FFVI has no lead as it has been pointed out)

Zora
05-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Just because a character is in the logo doesn't mean it's the lead character. Kain is in the FFIV logo for example, yet it's clear Cecil is the lead. Same with Gabranth for the FFXII logo.

IIRC she wasn't on the logo (for FFVIA anyways), but instead the box. The most important character is always on the box (hold FFI-III who didn't have an actual character). The logo for FFVI is that machina walker thingy (what is the name again?).

Comet
05-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Squall, people should take note of how he evolves in the story.

The Crystal
05-06-2007, 01:18 AM

IIRC she wasn't on the logo (for FFVIA anyways), but instead the box. The most important character is always on the box (hold FFI-III who didn't have an actual character). The logo for FFVI is that machina walker thingy (what is the name again?).

Terra is piloting the Magi-Tech armor in the logo. And her theme is the world map theme(like with Cloud), and you begin the game with her, etc.
The fact you don't need to play with her all the time don't mean anything. This is just gameplay. But if you look at the story, and to these hints, is obvious she is the main. Hell, in a japanese magazine about FFXIII, we can see a picture of Lightning and another one of Terra(probably comparing the two).

And another main character that i like is Squall. I like the way he is, allways serious and very professional. The funny thing is that he is completely different of Zidane, but i like them both. lol

Snap Jumper
05-06-2007, 02:15 AM
I picked Zidane because he's the most interesting character on the list, IMO. However, if I needed someone to head a party to save lives, I would pick Cecil.

Zora
05-06-2007, 02:19 AM

Terra is piloting the Magi-Tech armor in the logo. And her theme is the world map theme(like with Cloud), and you begin the game with her, etc.
The fact you don't need to play with her all the time don't mean anything. This is just gameplay. But if you look at the story, and to these hints, is obvious she is the main. Hell, in a japanese magazine about FFXIII, we can see a picture of Lightning and another one of Terra(probably comparing the two).

And another main character that i like is Squall. I like the way he is, allways serious and very professional. The funny thing is that he is completely different of Zidane, but i like them both. lol

But still, it was Terra I do believe on the box of FFVIA :P

Takara
05-06-2007, 06:00 AM
It was Terra, yes, but I was replying to a previous poster (can't remember who, and I'm too tired and lazy to look it up) who said that when a character appears in the logo, it's always the lead character.

Zora
05-06-2007, 06:08 AM
It was Terra, yes, but I was replying to a previous poster (can't remember who, and I'm too tired and lazy to look it up) who said that when a character appears in the logo, it's always the lead character.
I was just giving support that Terra Branford was the main character in FFVI :p No need to get all tense about it.

Remedy
05-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Tidus
and Vaan lately

Markus. D
05-06-2007, 12:15 PM
I was just giving support that Terra Branford was the main character in FFVI :p No need to get all tense about it.

in that case the Black Materia from FFVII

:3

No.78
05-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Terra is sooo the main character if there was one in that game. I dunno who to vote for, I generally tend to get sick of the heroes of every game I play anyway, so maybe I'll vote for Terra just to be different :P

Takara
05-06-2007, 10:32 PM

Not tense, just clarifying. ;)