PDA

View Full Version : Spidder man 3 Video game

Ishin Ookami
05-05-2007, 01:00 AM
Can anyone tell me how this turned out. I'm especially interested how the PS2 version turned out, since thats the only console I got. Im not really interested in graphics, I just want to know how this game compares to SM2 which I really enjoyed.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-05-2007, 03:52 PM
yeah, is it worth getting right away? and i heard the graphics were sorta weird, the graphics looked weird in the commercial, but i guess thats cuase it was the ps3 version? and i was using a regular tv

Hazzard
05-05-2007, 03:59 PM
So, whens it coming out in THE UK?

Mirage
05-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Same time as the movie.

And why would PS3 graphics be "weird" on a regular TV? They would only have a bit less resolution.

Eiko Guy
05-05-2007, 04:27 PM
*nods head in agreement*

Spammerman
05-05-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm hoping its good and has those random encounters like in Spiderman 2. Also, Spidder man better rock.

Hazzard
05-05-2007, 05:15 PM
You bet he will-especially with Super form Venom!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Same time as the movie.

And why would PS3 graphics be "weird" on a regular TV? They would only have a bit less resolution.

my point exactly, it looks sort of smooth, and not the good kind

demondude
05-10-2007, 09:30 PM
t.v or movie based video games are never that good

Roto13
05-10-2007, 09:36 PM
t.v or movie based video games are never that good

Correction: They're rarely that good. Spider-Man 2 was great.

I don't know what's up with Spider-Man 3, though. It doesn't seem to be as well made. Wall crawling is awkward and I keep falling off walls when I get to the top for some reason. Bruce Campbell is still narrating it and everything and there's a somewhat new system for learning new moves, but... the whole thing just feels more awkward than before, and for a character like Spidey, that's a very bad thing. (I'm playing the PS2 version, by the way.)

Dreddz
05-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Dont forget The Warriors and The Thing. They are other fine examples of movie to game done right.

I never liked Spider Man 2, I never owned it myself but I got a good few hours into the game. It was fun for the first ten minutes, swinging around New York and all, but the gameplay sucked and the god damn camera kept pissing me off. I see nothing has been fixed with its sequel. Shame.

Raebus
05-10-2007, 10:19 PM
The last boss at the end of spiderman 2 got me, or maybe it was the camera but I had to avoid jumping into the water whilst struggling with the bad camera AND fighting octavious =[. Oh and spiderman 3 for the ps2 looks and from the sound of it, plays terrible.

Slothy
05-11-2007, 12:17 PM
My opinions here are based on the PS3 version, but a lot probably applies to the PS2 version (although everything I've read seems to say the PS2 version is far worse).

The webslinging is still good, which is nice since it's the big draw. The city is also massive and has no pop up that I could see (I suppose the 2.6 GB hard drive install was for a reason).

Combat on the other hand goes from average at the best of time to make you want to throw your controller at the worst of times. Now I know everyone who's played a Spider-Man game before probably isn't that surprised, but I honestly think in trying to improve it this time around they actually made it worse in a lot of ways. Arial combat is useless. I can't tell you how many times I lost to the New Goblin in that game. I still haven't beaten him mainly since I got too frustrated and haven't played since I fought him on Wednesday. Most of the fancy new moves are utterly pointless; it's a button masher. It may try to be more, but randomly pressing buttons strings together combos as effectively as you'll ever need to. Using spider senses to slow things down and allow you to dodge is also fairly useless, mainly due to the camera. I got caught so many times by the Goblin coming at me from just off camera leaving me no chance to use the dodge move that I'm convinced that's why I lost.

Finally, they've included action sequences that involve pressing a button when it appears on the screen much like God of War used. The only problem is that when God of War did it they generally rewarded you with Kratos doing something excessively violent that you'd never be able to do without the scripted sequence. In Spider-Man 3, I've seen them use them for webslinging after a boss. Every time they use them, it's either for things you could do yourself (and be having more fun doing if they let you), or they use them in combat situations that are utterly boring to watch, making the act of sitting there watching them all the more boring, with very few, rare exceptions.

Overall it's a decent game, and you might like it if you've never played a Spider-Man since before Spider-Man 2. If you own either Spider-Man 2 or Ultimate Spider-Man though, I'd suggest you replay those rather than buy this.