PDA

View Full Version : Graphics

Aerisfanatic
05-05-2007, 01:15 AM
We all know that the graphics in ff7 werent the most up lifting graphics in gaming history... but has bin getting all this greif about its graphics... personaly i would have bin happy even with the battle screen graphic as th overview instead of those little polygons and have the same cutscene graphics... but still people would greive cause it didnt have AC graphics,and i think that is one of the main reasons why people want the game remade... what do you think?

Meat Puppet
05-05-2007, 01:20 AM
I thought they were pretty realistic at the time.

KasaiDraco
05-05-2007, 01:25 AM
^Most definately.

Goldenboko
05-05-2007, 01:26 AM
Actually at the time FFVII's graphics where revolutionary.

cloud21zidane16
05-05-2007, 01:26 AM
i like them as they are.when i start playing old games it takes me a while to get used to them again but with ff7 as soon as i start it the graphics seems great. plus i played this game when it first came out and back then they were even more amazing.
A remake with better graphics would be cool but im not desperate for it.

Yuffie514
05-05-2007, 06:27 AM
the original graphics are horrible (although not as bad as Runescape). i would like to see the graphics enhanced with Kingdom Hearts style, in keeping with default costumes. although i don't mind either way if it was remade or not.

NeoCracker
05-05-2007, 09:03 AM
If they remake it, they had better damn well improve the Graphics. A ps3 remake of FF VII had better look damn good. Its a PS3 game now, make it look like one.

They were great when they first came out yes, but keeping like that is nothing short of lazy.

Tallulah
05-05-2007, 11:50 AM
For God's sake, will you stop demanding a frigging remake?! It does not need it. I repeat, IT DOES NOT NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldenboko is spot on. Crappy as they may look next to FFVIII, for example, they were still superb for the time. All this talk of remakes when it simply does not need it is just ridiculous, and I wish it would stop, until an official Square Enix source confirms or denies it.

[/rant] Sorry, I had a bad night out last night. :(

Mirage
05-05-2007, 12:10 PM
In-battle character models on the field screen would be enough for me, and that's what they changed in FF8 anyway. If you have the PC version, you can hack that in anyway :p.

Wuggly Blight
05-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Its been said, the game is 10 years old, when it was first out the graphics was fantastic and revolotionary, FMV's were very new, infact that was the first game I saw them in, before hand they pretty much didnt exist. Todays kids have just been spoiled rotten by all the pretty eyecandy.

blackmage_nuke
05-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Only if we get to see Barret in high detailed, full 3d sailor suit which would totally rawk, polygons cant capture the complete awesomeness of the sailor suit Barret, he totally shoulda worn it through AC!!!

TheSpoonyBard
05-05-2007, 03:38 PM
The graphics were poor. Just look at the first Resident Evil, released almost a year before FFVII. They're much better, and I'd go as far as to say they're almost as good as FFVIII.

Elly
05-05-2007, 04:19 PM
as much as i love the RE series, i should remind you that RE even though it came out prior to FFVII was a much smaller game (contentwise) and did not require even 1/3 the data storage space that FFVII did, if they were to put FFVIII/RE detailed graphics all over FFVII originaly with the primitave compression techniques they had back then it would have been over it's 4 discs to more like 5 or 6 discs total, RE is a 2-4 hour game compared to FFVII which is on average 40 hours, though for me the timer always stops at 99:99:99 even while i'm still playing, i like to get everything and have all stats maxed for every character except the dead one...

TheSpoonyBard
05-05-2007, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure the entire FFVII game is on each disc.The only difference between the three is the FMVs they contain. Try it. Load a save file on disc 1, then put disc 3 in. It'll work as normal until you come across a FMV. Then you'll see a cinematic from disc 3, and continue playing from where you were before.

Araciel
05-05-2007, 05:35 PM
if you ask me, they focused entirely TOO MUCH on graphics...but i never have been big on games looking amazing, i can have fun without being blown away by realistic textures, shadows, or sweat :S

Zora
05-05-2007, 05:36 PM
If they remake it, they had better damn well improve the Graphics. A ps3 remake of FF VII had better look damn good. Its a PS3 game now, make it look like one.

They were great when they first came out yes, but keeping like that is nothing short of lazy.

That was a tech demo. Much like the Final Fantasy VI DS tech demo

For God's sake, will you stop demanding a frigging remake?! It does not need it. I repeat, IT DOES NOT NEED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldenboko is spot on. Crappy as they may look next to FFVIII, for example, they were still superb for the time. All this talk of remakes when it simply does not need it is just ridiculous, and I wish it would stop, until an official Square Enix source confirms or denies it.

[/rant] Sorry, I had a bad night out last night. :(

From what I understand, people with no bias towards FFVII want a remake because of the story. The graphics would just be the icing on the cake (the cake being the plot).

That is my two cents, err..., responses? :eep:

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-05-2007, 06:23 PM
i think the graphics of 7 just add to the magic of 7 that everyone loves! however, i certainly wouldn't say no to a graphic update (like the patch for the PC version which gives the main chars awesome models)

The Crystal
05-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Exist some videos in YouTube that show in-battle character models on the field screen. They are named "FF7-NEW-MOVIE".

YouTube - FF7 NEW-MOVIE: Original story! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoAEpDg3zbI)

Bolivar
05-06-2007, 01:28 AM
I think the graphics are just fine, when judging an RPG, or any gaming genre, graphics are not one of my primary concerns.

However, looking at how far VIII and then IX really pushed the limits of the PS1, they do look a little outdated when going back to it.

I think a remake would be great, but I enjoy the game just fine the way it is.

Super Sepiroth
06-04-2007, 07:17 PM
well tbh the original 7 had better graphics in game than VIII- i mean u could see their faces and stuff

but i am all for a remake- the gfx would be awesome on PS3

demondude
06-04-2007, 07:24 PM
The graphics were good but not great pretty average to be honest:)

Slothy
06-04-2007, 07:49 PM
The graphics were poor. Just look at the first Resident Evil, released almost a year before FFVII. They're much better, and I'd go as far as to say they're almost as good as FFVIII.

No, actually, they're not that much better. Keep in mind that at any given time RE was rendering 3-4 characters on screen at most. FFVII usually had more, and the camera was generally further back making more detailed characters almost pointless since the low-res would have muddied them up quite nicely. In RE, the characters take up a good chunk of the screen in any scene so it makes sense to render them in more detail. Heck just look at FFIX; as much as I like the look of the game, there are plenty of times where the characters are so small on screen that all of the detail is lost and they look like crap (unless you play on a PS2 anyway). RE's pre-rendered bckgrounds don't look better than FFVII's though. In fact, if you ask me, they look worse.

FFVII's graphics at the time were on par, and in some cases better than a lot of the best stuff on the PSX at the time. They did the job, and they did it well.

Shiny
06-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Cloud had a pointy butt. That's just not right. But, other then that I thought the graphics were pretty good for 1997.

Xurts
06-05-2007, 03:30 AM
I think the graphics are just fine, when judging an RPG, or any gaming genre, graphics are not one of my primary concerns.
And they shouldn't be. Anyone who plays the classic FFs (or any game for that matter) and cares about the graphics shouldn't be playing that game at all. I couldn't care less about graphics when I play games (especially the classics), as long as I can tell what is going on I'm happy. People who judge/play games based on their eye candy sicken me. You don't play games to oggle their pretty details, you play it for the gameplay and storyline. Graphics are just something extra, like the points on Whose Line is it Anyway.

Cloud_omnislash_Strife
06-06-2007, 07:12 AM
I thougt the old graphics were okay.... I dont really think we would need a remake.

Sword
06-11-2007, 02:38 PM
And they shouldn't be. Anyone who plays the classic FFs (or any game for that matter) and cares about the graphics shouldn't be playing that game at all. I couldn't care less about graphics when I play games (especially the classics), as long as I can tell what is going on I'm happy. People who judge/play games based on their eye candy sicken me. You don't play games to oggle their pretty details, you play it for the gameplay and storyline. Graphics are just something extra, like the points on Whose Line is it Anyway.

Thank you! You guys are all too shallow. Except you who are on the "the graphics were awesome" team :D

How can you say the graphics are horrible? By todays standards they are, but it's not a new game, It's OLD. That's as good as graphics got back then. Just because it's old doen't mean square will go "aw...these graphics are dated. Let's remake it for the people who can't stand the old graphics". I say these people aren't worth the money and effort. I did want a remake just to see the characters in close ups and stuff with voices during cut scenes to make it more cinematic like FFX but now I don't just out of spite for you people.

The graphics are good.

Skyblade
06-11-2007, 04:11 PM

Those who judge games by graphics alone are only punishing themselves anyway, since they'd never be able to play some of the best games in history, like Chrono Trigger, since it had far worse graphics.

Anyway, I enjoyed the graphics. Since I usually play the computer version I can get the high rez versions, and they are gorgeous. I greatly fear the day when that PS3 demo gets made, because Cloud's hair just does not work in the more realistic graphics style.

Sword
06-11-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't understand why they have to make them look like real people anyway. They should have went for a more Kingdom Hearts look since FF7 was anime style anyway.