PDA

View Full Version : espers bonuses

maxsexcity
05-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Hi, I would like to know with stats bonuses is better for each of the characters so I can equip the best espers for each of the characters.
thank you.

Goldenboko
05-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Speed bonus ftw

(AKA Odin)

Araciel
05-05-2007, 05:29 PM
Speed bonus ftw

(AKA Odin)

or if you're playing ff6a use cactuar!

blackmage_nuke
05-06-2007, 01:18 AM
I heard the strength of most of Sabin's blitzes are based on magic power rather than strength. But that's pretty much all i know.

Bolivar
05-06-2007, 01:53 AM
The best way to figure that out is to open up Satistics from the Main Menu, look what each character is best at, and exploit that stat. From my experience, Final Fantasy follows the economic principle of comparative advantage - you should always allocate your resources so that each character can do what they're best at, rather then trying to have well-rounded characters.

One exception in this game is Setzer. From what I remember from my last playthrough, there is no one stat that he particularly excels with, so I made him my red mage - gave him a variety of magic, and raised ATK, MAG, STA, and speed. It kind of works out too with his long silver hair.

So yeah, characters like Mash, Cyan, and Edgar you should max out their strength or stamina, and characters like Relm, Stragos, and Terra you should max out their Magic. Looking at the stats of jobs from I, III, and V also help.

bipper
05-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Mash?

abrojtm
05-07-2007, 02:17 AM
Mash is the "proper" translation for Sabin.

Don't bother with Stamina, as far as I'm concerned, and wait until you reach higher levels to begin using HP +% and MP+%, that's about all I got.

Paul
05-07-2007, 02:39 AM
i just finished the advance version of this game. i had...

+ magic for terra, celes, relm, strago
+ speed for shadow and locke
+ HP for sabin
+ strength for cyan
+ stamina for edgar

didn't really pay attention to anyone else. i didn't use setzer at all other than darill's tomb.

also i tried to make the characters fit into their respective jobs more. locke had thief relics, shadow had masters scroll since he's a ninja. sabin has genji glove as monk. cyan held his sword with both hands... forget what relic that is. edgar used spears and had dragoon boots... etc. it was fun

Edgar
05-07-2007, 05:33 AM
vigor and speed for every 'fighter' type.

MagPwr and stuff for the caster ones.

Flying Mullet
05-07-2007, 12:46 PM
He knows who Mash is. He was being a smart-ass.

bipper
05-07-2007, 04:40 PM
smart-ass?

Flying Mullet
05-07-2007, 05:50 PM
smart-ass?
Dabnabit, work with me here!

bipper
05-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Yes, I knew who mash was. I was just being a smart ass, as flying mullet pointed out.

I am still unclear as to what a smart-ass is though. :confused:

Captain Maxx Power
05-08-2007, 01:33 AM
A smart-ass is when the buttock area of a mammal develops higher mental functions, usually achieved by a rudimentary growth within either buttcheek similar to the cerebral cortex found in the human brain. It's a well known fact that Sir Isaac Newton was actually a smart-ass owned by Gregory Penniweather, who posed for all of Newton's portraits.

Also in terms of stats, Str should never go about 128 due to calculation purposes, Magic can stay at about 120~ if you have Gem Box/Economiser combo with Ultima, Stamina is next to useless and Speed is probably the most important stat since it allows you to do more of everything.

sockmonkey
05-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Sadly only one esper gives the speed bonus, and then only one point at a time, and THEN only untill you upgrade it to another esper.

What's up with that?

Flying Mullet
05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Also in terms of stats, Str should never go about 128 due to calculation purposes, ...
They fixed this bug in the GBA version. Attributes are capped at 128. I have Sabin with 128 Strength and his total strength is over 140 with equipment and he deals massive damage whenever he attacks now. :)

bipper
05-08-2007, 04:35 PM
I ended up buying the DS and the VI advanced - is there a clean list of other such differences out there?

I also usually match up magicite with which ever party member I think represents that magicite the most. So odin is all Cyan, as he gets my loves.

PS Gau is my new favorite character. SEX!