PDA

View Full Version : Bjork

charliepanayi
05-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Any other fans here of the wonderful Bjork? Her new album Volta is finally out on Monday and unless Radiohead manage to get a new album out by the end of the year, it's likely to be my most anticipated new release of 2007 (helped along by the reports I've been reading of it).

She's been consistently great throughout her career, though I think Vespertine is my favourite album so far. And she's often trying something new on every record - few people around would attempt something like Medulla.

Basically one of the best female musicians ever (only PJ Harvey tops her in my esimation), so anyone else looking forward to Volta?

Zeldy
05-05-2007, 11:44 PM
I adore her. I love her new song "Earth Intruders".

Germ Hamee
05-05-2007, 11:58 PM
I love Bjork, and Vespertine is my favorite album as well. Really looking forward to Volta!

Red Phire
05-06-2007, 05:16 AM
I LOVE Bjork, I really can't wait for Volta(which I already reserved on iTunes). I've probably listened to Earth Intruders a 1000 times. :D

Anyway my favorite album is Homogenic.

Mirage
05-06-2007, 10:51 AM
I have no idea who you are talking about, but Björk is okay.

Necronopticous
05-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Volta is great, you guys won't be disappointed. Innocence and Declare Independance are undoubtedly my favorite tracks.

It's a lot more listenable than Medulla was, thankfully.

The Antony Hegarty guest vocals are a welcome and wonderful addition.

It's a solid record all around.

Breine
05-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Declare Independance.

I heard that that song is about Greenland and the fact that it's still a Danish colony?

Anyway, I love Björk. She's undoubtedly one of my favourite artists. Can't wait to get my hands on "Volta" and listen to it. The fact that she worked with Antony on this record is just amazing!
If Rufus Wainwright's new album didn't come out in 14 days time "Volta" would most definitely be my most anticipated album this spring.

Necronopticous
05-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Rufus Wainwright's new albumRelease the Stars is also a fantastic record. You're in for a good month of music.

Roto13
05-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm not really a fan of her. She's... too weird. (More importantly, so is her music.)

charliepanayi
05-06-2007, 09:20 PM
You state that like it's a bad thing ;) - besides most great musicians usually have to be at least slightly mad.

LunarWeaver
05-13-2007, 07:24 PM
Volta is great, you guys won't be disappointed. Innocence and Declare Independance are undoubtedly my favorite tracks.

It's a lot more listenable than Medulla was, thankfully.

The Antony Hegarty guest vocals are a welcome and wonderful addition.

It's a solid record all around.

This pretty much sums up my feelings as well, including my two favorite songs.

Medulla was an interesting record, but ultimately I found the experiment less interesting than her other stuff. I am glad she decided to push forward into something more musical again.

Her music videos made me obsessed with her. I get really bored with music videos and normally never watch them. They're generally nothing but the artist singing with two people dancing behind them and random shots of hot models with little clothing. But her videos are like stories, worlds, atmospheres...it's delicious. Bachelorette is my favorite, followed by I Miss You. Neither is really her most famous, but what can ya do.