PDA

View Full Version : Most Anticipated Albums of this Year

Momiji
05-06-2007, 03:16 AM
What musical albums are you anticipating most this year, so far? I'm really looking forward to new releases by Silverstein, Chiodos, The Used, Saints Never Surrender (local band), Before Their Eyes (local band), brideandgroom (local band), Motion City Soundtrack, and Circa Survive. Most of those are releasing within the next 3 months or so, so that's why I said 'so far this year'.

GooeyToast
05-06-2007, 03:20 AM
New albums by Radiohead and The Mars Volta, hopefully.

Ramza Beoulve
05-06-2007, 03:22 AM
United Abominations - Megadeth
May 15th

I Took the Red Pill
05-06-2007, 03:22 AM
Sufjan better fucking put out a new album this year.

Jowy
05-06-2007, 03:31 AM
RADIOHEAD.

Bunny
05-06-2007, 03:35 AM
New albums by Radiohead

RADIOHEAD.

Rengori
05-06-2007, 05:22 AM
May 15th

And Metallica. Maybe. If they actually decide to put out a metal album this time.

And Libertad - Velvet Revolver.

Shoeberto
05-06-2007, 06:04 AM
I swear I'm going to be so mad if Thom Yorke puts out another blip-bloop-bleep solo album instead of the new Radiohead digs. So mad.

Ramza Beoulve
05-06-2007, 08:14 AM
May 15th

And Metallica. Maybe. If they actually decide to put out a metal album this time.

And Libertad - Velvet Revolver.Believe me, If you have heard the songs Gears of War, Sleepwalker, Washington is Next, and the new version of A Tout Le Monde, you're going to forget of Metallica

Black Mage FF1
05-06-2007, 08:26 AM
I'm looking forward to new releases by....

As Blood Runs Black

The Audition

August Burns Red - "Messengers"

The Black Dahlia Murder

Evergreen Terrace

The Fall Of Troy - "Manipulator" (It's already out, but my order hasn't arrived yet :( )

Hollywood Undead

Knights Of The Abyss - "Juggernaut"

Protest The Hero

Scary Kids Scaring Kids

Silverstein

That's about it. I was lookin forward to Job For A Cowboys new cd "Genesis". But It leaked, so I downloaded it. And it was terrible. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Rengori
05-06-2007, 08:42 AM
May 15th

And Libertad - Velvet Revolver.Believe me, If you have heard the songs Gears of War, Sleepwalker, Washington is Next, and the new version of A Tout Le Monde, you're going to forget of Metallica
Hence why I said "Maybe".

Ramza Beoulve
05-06-2007, 09:59 AM
May 15th

Hence why I said "Maybe".
Good point, but my quote prevails ;)

Cz
05-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Quite a few of my anticipated albums of 2007 have already been released. Still, I'm looking forward to (or in some cases, hoping for) releases from Radiohead, British Sea Power, Interpol and Sufjan Stevens, as well as debuts from The Maccabees and The Rumble Strips. If these releases live up to their potential, then I'll consider 2007 the year for music we've had in a while.

Griff
05-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Minutes to Midnight is the only album I care about at this point in time.

charliepanayi
05-06-2007, 06:47 PM
I swear I'm going to be so mad if Thom Yorke puts out another blip-bloop-bleep solo album instead of the new Radiohead digs. So mad.

The Eraser was a really good album :mad2:

And yes, Radiohead would be very nice, if they do get it out this year. Other people I'd like new stuff from is Sufjan Stevens (uncertain), Super Furry Animals (certain), Elbow (uncertain) and Spiritualized (probable).

tailz
05-06-2007, 06:51 PM
new metallica album if they're going to finish it before the end of this year
new nightwish album
new offspring album
and of course new sum 41 album

Zeldy
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
There is a new Rasmus album soon. Im not sure whether its this year, or next, but it'll be there 8th album release :excited:.

XxSephirothxX
05-06-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm really looking forward to It Won't Be Soon Before Long from Maroon 5, because Songs About Jane is an awesome album and they've been cruising on its success for way too long. And that's coming out in just a few weeks, so I have nothing on the horizon after that. I'm sure I'll find some new stuff I like here and there.

Burtsplurt
05-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Architecture in Helsinki.
Maybe new Sufjan Stevens and Mount Eerie releases as well.

Breine
05-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Right now I'm very much looking forward to Björk's "Volta" and Rufus Wainwright's "Release the Stars". The fact that I'm going to see them both live this summer just tops it all off :)

Momiji
05-06-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm looking forward to new releases by....

As Blood Runs Black

The Audition

August Burns Red - "Messengers"

The Black Dahlia Murder

Evergreen Terrace

The Fall Of Troy - "Manipulator" (It's already out, but my order hasn't arrived yet :( )

Hollywood Undead

Knights Of The Abyss - "Juggernaut"

Protest The Hero

Scary Kids Scaring Kids

Silverstein

That's about it. I was lookin forward to Job For A Cowboys new cd "Genesis". But It leaked, so I downloaded it. And it was terrible. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Scary Kids Scaring Kids has a new album coming out?! When?

Black Mage FF1
05-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Uh actually I don't know. That was more of a "I hope" post. I'm pretty sure they will start recording a new one soon. I mean it's been a while since they released one.

Momiji
05-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Uh actually I don't know. That was more of a "I hope" post. I'm pretty sure they will start recording a new one soon. I mean it's been a while since they released one.

Well The City Sleeps in Flames was released in '06, right? Or was that 2005?

Venom
05-06-2007, 11:08 PM
May 15th

Black Mage FF1
05-06-2007, 11:31 PM

Well The City Sleeps in Flames was released in '06, right? Or was that 2005?

I'm pretty sure that it was in 05. I'll have to go and double check. Either way, I want more! lol :cool:

Edit: Well according to wiki they are recording a new album. Woohoo! Oh and yeah tcsif was release in 05.

Shine On...
05-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Why has no one said A Silver Mount Zion?

Apparently they have a new one coming out this year.

(This ones for you Gooey)

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
05-07-2007, 01:06 AM
The new Panic! at the Disco CD that they're currently recording. It's supposed to come out this year. I hope it does, but it might come out next year, still not announced. :D

Mythra
05-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Let's see: Metallica, Linkin Park, Megdeth, Avenged Sevenfold (if they release it), Opeth (again if it releases), thats pretty much it i think

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-07-2007, 01:22 AM
this

The new Panic! at the Disco CD that they're currently recording. It's supposed to come out this year. I hope it does, but it might come out next year, still not announced. :D

oh it will come out this year

other albums im waiting on is drop dead, gorgeous; sonny moore; and maybe from first to last

Momiji
05-07-2007, 02:55 AM
this

oh it will come out this year

other albums im waiting on is drop dead, gorgeous; sonny moore; and maybe from first to last

Ooh, I forgot FFTL and Sonny Moore...even though I only liked FFTL because of Sonny.

GooeyToast
05-07-2007, 03:30 AM

I heard they might be releasing one, but supposedly it's a live album. I am anticipating it, sure, but not as much as a studio release.

Disco Potato
05-07-2007, 03:34 AM
I'm really looking forward to It Won't Be Soon Before Long from Maroon 5, because Songs About Jane is an awesome album and they've been cruising on its success for way too long.

I'm looking forward to that too, and Rooney's Calling the World :jess:

Bloodline666
05-07-2007, 08:12 PM
May 15th

I absolutely cannot WAIT for that album to come out. I know I'll be the first in line to get that album at my local Best Buy.

God Bless Dave Mustaine!

And, I know for a fact without even listening to it that the album's gonna sound bad-ass, because Andy Sneap is co-producing it. He's a damn good producer/engineer/mixer. I know that because I have quite a few albums mixed/produced/engineered/co-produced by him.

Shine On...
05-08-2007, 04:00 AM

I heard they might be releasing one, but supposedly it's a live album. I am anticipating it, sure, but not as much as a studio release.

Oh, man, LIVE? That kind of sucks but whatever, I'll still get it.

Ramza Beoulve
05-08-2007, 07:34 AM
May 15th

I absolutely cannot WAIT for that album to come out. I know I'll be the first in line to get that album at my local Best Buy.

God Bless Dave Mustaine!

And, I know for a fact without even listening to it that the album's gonna sound bad-ass, because Andy Sneap is co-producing it. He's a damn good producer/engineer/mixer. I know that because I have quite a few albums mixed/produced/engineered/co-produced by him. I have heard some of the songs of the album...

Believe me, God has blessed us too ;)

NeoCracker
05-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Definitely Linkin Park.

Though if Jason Mraz gets a new album out this year, it may just be that. Though I haven't heard anything.

true cloud
05-08-2007, 07:08 PM
muse(black holes and revalations)radiohead i wish:sad: artic monkies (favorite worst nightmare),maximo parks new album was a bit of a let down,jack johnsons new sound track and a few more i cant think of

Momiji
05-08-2007, 10:32 PM
muse(black holes and revalations)radiohead i wish:sad: artic monkies (favorite worst nightmare),maximo parks new album was a bit of a let down,jack johnsons new sound track and a few more i cant think of

Ummm... that Muse album is already out. So is that Arctic Monkey one, last I knew... >_>

White Raven
05-08-2007, 11:37 PM
The only one I was looking forward to was Rush's 'Snakes & Arrows' and I picked that up last week. :D

(PS: Yeah, I picked up 'Black Holes and Revelations' by Muse last summer :S)

true cloud
05-09-2007, 03:34 PM
nope not last summer over here it was delayed:p
and yeah dude u asked for the most anticapated albums of the year not the albums that are due to be released>_>

charliepanayi
05-09-2007, 06:38 PM
That's the same thing isn't it 0_o

true cloud
05-09-2007, 10:01 PM
no not really the artic monkies album has allready been released but it is still my most anticipated ablum of the year

charliepanayi
05-09-2007, 10:07 PM
You can't anticipate something that's already come out!

Rengori
05-10-2007, 12:13 AM
and yeah dude u asked for the most anticapated albums of the year not the albums that are due to be released>_>

It's implicit.

Shiny
05-10-2007, 01:57 AM
Minutes to Midnight though I only buy most CD's until 2 years after they're released. xD

Mitch
05-10-2007, 05:06 AM
The White Stripes - Icky Thump

Shine On...
05-14-2007, 04:03 AM
Kickin' banner Mitch.

And Also: Yes, Icky Thump.

Nominus Experse
05-14-2007, 06:21 AM
Wilco's new album Sky Blue Sky, which is thankfully out in two days

Larahl
05-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Symphony X's Paradise Lost, and Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos.

Momiji
05-15-2007, 12:32 AM

It's implicit.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Rinoabella
05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Linkin Park (it's probably out already but damn am I looking forward to hearing it!)
Lifehouse
Motion City Soundtrack

TyphoonThaReapa
05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Even if I'm sadly out numbered by Rockheads on this site, I still have a duty to hold it down for Hip-Hop. A'yo, I'm wanting for the new Bone Thugs-N-Harmony album "Strength and Loyalty" to come out...

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-17-2007, 11:41 PM
The Used and HIM albums, effin awesome.

charliepanayi
05-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Strawberry Jam - Animal Collective's new album, out in September :)

Shine On...
05-20-2007, 02:30 AM
Strawberry Jam - Animal Collective's new album, out in September :)
Yes, this sounds tantalizing.

Also I am really antincipating Sunset Rubdown's New one in October!

Ramza Beoulve
05-20-2007, 03:40 AM
Even if I'm sadly out numbered by Rockheads on this site, I still have a duty to hold it down for Hip-Hop. A'yo, I'm wanting for the new Bone Thugs-N-Harmony album "Strength and Loyalty" to come out...
Metalheads, please :p