PDA

View Full Version : Paper Mario vs. Paper Mario: The Thpusand-Year Door vs. Super Paper Mario

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-06-2007, 03:48 AM
Which Paper Mario game do you prefer the original, The Thousand-Year Door, or Super Paper Mario? I prefer The Thousand-Year Door because it's easier for me to do stylish moves and I think the characters in that game are more interesting than the characters in the original Paper Mario AND Super Paper Mario.

Roto13
05-06-2007, 03:51 AM
zOMG wrong forum.

Thousand Year Door by far. Not that I didn't love the first game, but TYD took that already great battle system and perfected it. They did a fantastic job. Though I do miss Bow.

Zeromus_X
05-06-2007, 03:52 AM
I really enjoyed Paper Mario, but I have not had the chance to play the second and third games in the series. So I suppose Paper Mario would be my favorite by default...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-06-2007, 03:54 AM
zOMG wrong forum.

Thousand Year Door by far. Not that I didn't love the first game, but TYD took that already great battle system and perfected it. They did a fantastic job. Though I do miss Bow.

Sorry about that I'm a little tired right now...and I typed this thread in the dark.

Roto13
05-06-2007, 04:09 AM
Oh, I'm playing Super Paper Mario now and I'm really enjoying it, but it's not quite as good as the other two games. (Though still kick ass.)

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-06-2007, 05:25 AM
I wish somebody would fix that typo I made when I wrote the title of this thread...By the way I like the original PM and Super Paper Mario but I like TTYD more because in my opinion it's the best of the series.

Zora
05-06-2007, 05:35 AM
I am excluded SPM because it was radically different.

Anyways Super Mario 64. With TTYD it felt like a movie while pressign A. The bosses were all easy compared to 64's (only the prolouge and Chapter 1 boss were hard). The levels were more generic, which turned out to be a good thing. With TTYD you got levels that were based on originality, though sounds good in theory, created some boring levels. Take a look at the 6th chapter TTYD. Very good concept and highly original, but just wasn't that great because of all the walk you had to do.

So SM64 for me :D

The Fat Bioware Nerd
05-06-2007, 03:29 PM
:rolleyes2 Super Mario 64 isn't a part of the Paper Mario series I think you're talking about Super Mario RPG on the SNES.