PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good idea?

Roto13
05-06-2007, 08:03 AM
I'm moving soon and I'm bringing my games with me in CD wallets to save room, but I'm kind of iffy about putting my Game Cube games in one because of their awkward size. I just used the last blank DVD I had and I was inspired to try putting them on the now-empty spindle thingy that blank discs come on. I have about 50 so I guess it'll fit pretty well. Do you think that'll keep them safe on the trip across the country?

Rostum
05-06-2007, 08:13 AM
I don't see why not, if they fit. Perhaps you could try putting a nice soft material between the discs on the spindle?

Roto13
05-06-2007, 09:04 PM
I don't think there'd be enough room in there to put anything between the discs, but I plan to put something in to fill the space between the top disc and the top of the container.

Shoeberto
05-06-2007, 09:28 PM
I'd think they'd be fine as long as they don't jostle around too much, but if you're gonna pad them in there relatively tight they should be okay.

Araciel
05-06-2007, 09:28 PM
it sounds good. as long a there are no particles of dirt or anything it should work just fine.

Renmiri
05-06-2007, 11:01 PM
I keep my kids Gamecube disks in a used DVD spindle, it's just easier for them to get the games. Even with my kids handling them with hands full of PB and J the little disks have survived fine for the past 2 years

Roto13
05-06-2007, 11:17 PM
I really want to keep them in their cases but I can't take that many game cases on the plane. :P I think I'll go with the spindle thing though. lolz inspiration.

Tavrobel
05-07-2007, 12:56 AM
I really want to keep them in their cases but I can't take that many game cases on the plane. :P I think I'll go with the spindle thing though. lolz inspiration.

As long as they weigh less than three ounces, you can take them, because information of that size is able to blow up a plane and crash land it in some reinforced steel that would have been able to take the blast.

They also sell mini-CD cases/binders for GC games.

Roto13
05-07-2007, 01:00 AM
They also sell mini-CD cases/binders for GC games.

Yeah, I know, but I can't seem to find any that hold more than, like, four discs. :P