PDA

View Full Version : For those who have beaten the game

Ashley Schovitz
05-06-2007, 05:39 PM
If you have beaten the game already, when do you think you'll replay it again!? Me it took me 121 hours to beat so I finished in um February or January I think I played since I got it on Halloween. I don't think I'll play this one again for another two years with all that it took me and I didn't do any side missions except for a few hunts I think it might've took me so long because I was stuck at points and I practically refused to use eny of my teleport crystals until I came close to the end. so whenever I forgot something and had to go back to town or a merchant or do a hunt, I'll walk the whole mile fighting monsters along the way.

Hazzard
05-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Technically I'm real close to finishing it, but I would say that I would play it in another years time, or even three years, because it is very time consuming; plus I got exams and stuff, so it would come last, in terms of significance to my schedule.

Setzer Gabianni
05-06-2007, 06:27 PM
..I've already resarted it, did 102+hrs. Won't be going on it properly until the 17th, as I have exams to revise for.

McLovin'
05-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Never...it has no replay value. Unless you didn't do all the hunts and mini quests.

Setzer Gabianni
05-06-2007, 08:22 PM
It has replay value.

No.78
05-06-2007, 08:54 PM
I wanna play it again to try new strategies and stuff. Also, I didn't really get what was going on first playthrough.

Renmiri
05-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Never...it has no replay value. Unless you didn't do all the hunts and mini quests.

I agree and disagree...

Story - agreed
is pretty broken on the first play, on the second play it has no replay value, but then, no game has except for X-2 where you could chose to give the awesome sphere to a different team

Mini quests - agreed
Most were boring the first time, the second time would be murder

Hunts - disagree
I loved those, and have not finished all. This would be cool on a replay

Gameplay - disagreee
As someone said below, there's all kind of new strategies you can try. I want to do a "no magic" game one day :D

With that said, I seriously overdosed on the game (more than 500 hours) so currently I just can't stand more than 20 minutes here and there to rip some stuff for my Wiki

Ko Ko
05-07-2007, 12:18 AM
I beat it in less than 70 hours.... 121 hours is a lot, ja? Or am I just insane?

dark_lord
05-07-2007, 12:28 AM
I´ve already beaten it too
It took 118 hours....
I´d like to play it again but right now I´m playing different games so I guess it´ll probably take a while...

Renmiri
05-07-2007, 12:30 AM
120 is about average when you do all hunts and stuff. 70 is pretty good for just going through the mandatory stuff.

Hazzard
05-07-2007, 01:43 AM
Gosh, I've played 130 hours now, and I'm still hunting marks and on the third ascent of Pharos.

Ouch!
05-07-2007, 03:11 AM
I started a second play through the day after I beat it the first time. The entire intent of the second play through was to complete everything. It resulted in me being horribly unbalanced throughout the main plot, but it was still fun anyway. I completed almost everything. I think I just lacked three hunts, Zodiark, and Omega Mark XII. I lost to Zodiark on my first attempt, and I don't think I've played it since. I got distracted by other games. I'm sure I'll get back to finishing it. Eventually.

As much as I enjoyed Final Fantasy XII, the novelty kind of wore off after the second play through. I was unsure at first, but I don't think FFXII is going to maintain enough long-term interest to compete with other favorites in the series (particularly FFIX).

Hazzard
05-07-2007, 04:03 AM
XII is just too tiring. I would prefer something more simpler, and I could even replay all the others countless times, but this one is just a step over the border. 130 hours of gameplay isn't an achievement for me, but felt more like a burden, and seems to long to me. The game has it's good aspects, but also has really bad ones.

Renmiri
05-07-2007, 06:19 AM
Too tiring. Yeah, that is what I felt.

ValiantKnight
05-07-2007, 06:45 AM
I'll agree with want to replay it... but
it feels too tiring... yes.

Wolf Kanno
05-07-2007, 10:44 AM
I have a lot on my gaming plate as it is... but I really want to play through it again.

I need to finish FFIII and then go through Steambot Chronicles first but I plan on going through a second time and building a strict (but balanced) job class system using the LB. I'm hoping to post it as a challenge on the boards.

Hey Renmiri, want to help build the gambits for the job classes when I'm finished?;)

I also want to play through the story again as I actually enjoyed it as well as the side quests.:cool:

Marshall Banana
05-07-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm doing another playthrough now. It's May 7 already?

Necronopticous
05-07-2007, 05:31 PM
I plan on playing through a low-level game soon.

Playing a challenge is always a great way to make an old game fresh again. I don't know if I'd play through it again normally any time soon...

nik0tine
05-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I plan on beginning a new game within the next few days.

Renmiri
05-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey Renmiri, want to help build the gambits for the job classes when I'm finished?;)

Sure thing!! :love:

Ashley Schovitz
05-12-2007, 03:11 AM
XII is just too tiring. I would prefer something more simpler, and I could even replay all the others countless times, but this one is just a step over the border. 130 hours of gameplay isn't an achievement for me, but felt more like a burden, and seems to long to me. The game has it's good aspects, but also has really bad ones.

Yeah it wouldn't feel as tiring if the story was more engaging then it would balance itself out.

Hazzard
05-12-2007, 08:12 AM

Yeah it wouldn't feel as tiring if the story was more engaging then it would balance itself out.

Don't get me wrong, I found the story fantastic, just that they exhausted us too much, with dungeons such as the Pharos and the Great Crystal. A little more story would of been great at times, because I was very interested in the political feud going on in Ivalice. I started again last night, straight after I completed it, and couldn't help to fall asleep when I met Tomas again. I already knew everything, and I didn't want to hear it again.

I'm still wondering on what I could do differently, I might go with a job system as well. Make Balthier a Red Mage or something. Make Basch my leading Swordsman. Make Vaan a White Mage.

Do the exact same for the other team. That sounds decent enough, I might try it out instead of making everyone the same.

JAS4Yeshua
05-12-2007, 05:36 PM
I started over after completing it as well, not as much for the story, but to try to complete the bestiary, hunts and sky pirate's den. Getting to see the story again is just an added bonus. ;)

Hazzard
05-12-2007, 06:01 PM
The only thing is, I tried too hard on my first playthrough, and fully explored most of what the game's got to offer. I done life 7 or 8/10 of the hunts, and done most of the sidequests. I leveled up to around 70 for each character, except Vaan who was lvl 77. I just need to get the Zodiac spear this time through, and complete the collection of the espers. I will also try to follow the story better, but I understood it well enough the first time.

Bolivar
05-13-2007, 01:08 AM
I beat it maybe 2 months ago, and started a new game not too long ago. I gave up on that one though, I'm playin the FF's in order and right now I'm on 3, so it'll be a while before I get back to this one.

Although I think this game has a lot of replay value, and I'll be doing it again to get a more cohesive storyline, as the gameplay to story ratio was horrible in this game. I'll probably try to get everything after beating it the first time, although it'll suck going back to really low marks, except they'll be easy and i'll know how to get there.

Crizpy
05-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Imo the story isnt worth it, the hunts are kinda tedious (but fun every now and then)
And im a fan of turnbased games, like the previous games. Dont really like this walking around.
Theres no music or cutscenes to look forward either.

Guess I'll keep playing 7 through 10 all over again, like Ive done the past 5 years.

Personaly theres no value in re-playing this game, let alone buying it in the first place.

Shattered Dreamer
05-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Can't say I'd have the patience to restart the game before I finished the game I had 11 espers & most of the hunts done did a few sidequests too but found most of them unexciting. I do intend to get the other two espers & finish the hunts plus I have unfinished business with two rare game monsters. I'll get to it some time between studying for my college exam repeats & working.

Renmiri
05-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Can't say I'd have the patience to restart the game before I finished the game I had 11 espers & most of the hunts done did a few sidequests too but found most of them unexciting. I do intend to get the other two espers & finish the hunts
Same here

The only thing is, I tried too hard on my first playthrough, and fully explored most of what the game's got to offer. I done life 7 or 8/10 of the hunts, and done most of the sidequests. I leveled up ...

Aye, same here. I "overdosed" on it my first play through and now I find myself going nuts with boredom after an hour of play :(

I do want to finish my hunts and bestiary and such, I just can't find motivation enough to stick through it.

Perhaps on doing a technique only challenge I've been planning to do (and tape it to Youtube like ashe10 did with hers) :)

prayzer
05-25-2007, 12:34 AM
Not real sure if/when I'll actually try to play through the game again. I just couldn't get that involved in this one. It was good enough that it made me curious to see what happened at the end, but, even then, it left way too much untold. Or, at least I didn't catch the hints. Did, Balthier and Fran make it out? What happened with them? What was the deal with the rings in the letters? Now, if the story had been as good as FFVII or even FFX and X-2, it would be almost impossible to get me away from the gameplay. So, if I play it again I'll probably just pick up somewhere in the middle where I saved it cuz my little girl loves to see Ashe and Penelo perform their mists. She'll be 2 years old June 17 and its so cute when she mimics their movements and sounds. :mog:

Shattered Dreamer
05-25-2007, 12:38 AM
The ring with the letters was Ashe's wedding ring, Balthier took it from her sometime at the beginning of the story can't remember for what though?

Ashley Schovitz
05-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Wow I can't see how most of you are trying to beat the game 100% on your first playthrough I mean what does that leave you for a second play?

prayzer
05-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Oh yeah, I remember him taking the ring now that you said it. Ok, so that lets you know that he and Fran made it out, but why didn't they rejoin with the others? It kinda gave a hint that maybe Ashe started to have some feelings for Balthier. Either that or she just really cared about her newfound friends.

Slothy
05-25-2007, 05:01 PM
I may start another playthrough in a year or two. I just beat the game but I'll go back periodically to finish the hunts and get all the Espers. To me this is one of the best FF's in years, and the one I had the most fun playing since FFIX, but with school and new games I don't have a ton of time to commit to another full playthrough right now.

Renmiri
05-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow I can't see how most of you are trying to beat the game 100% on your first playthrough I mean what does that leave you for a second play?

Not much :(

But I do plan to go back and do a "No magick" challenge

JAS4Yeshua
05-25-2007, 05:09 PM
I decided to put it on hold for now. Don't want to get burn out, and want to go back and replay some of the earlier FF games.