PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for some metal

Mythra
05-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Ok, I'm always looking for new music and recently I've gotten into various sub genres of metal but I'm looking for some new bands. Mainly I'll listen too Machine Head, Opeth, Agalloch, Paradise Lost, In Flames, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, etc...So if anyone could point to some good metal bands or some good cd's in particular, I would greatly appreciate it.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-07-2007, 12:59 AM
drop dead, gorgeous or i think that might fit into the screamo genre =/

Mirage
05-07-2007, 01:01 AM
You might like Dimmu Borgir :p.

jrgen
05-07-2007, 02:37 PM
If you like Opeth, check out Edge of Sanity's Crimson (Åkerfeldt sings on this one) and Crimson II, Unmoored's Indefinite Soul-Extention, Dan Swanö's Moontower, Farmakon's A Warm Glimpse, Dark Suns' albums, Persefone and Forest of Shadows (kind of).

All brilliant stuff.

Nominus Experse
05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I had a similar question, and received a number of replies that may aid you as well. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/lounge/98230-i-need-metal.html)

Mythra
05-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the responses, I'll definitely have to check those out.

DK
05-08-2007, 12:21 AM
In that thread of NE's I said...

Enslaved
Sigh
Nile
Moonsorrow
Borknagar
Akercoke
Hollenthon
Runic
Orphaned Land
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Wintersun

And I'll add Lykathea Aflame and Ulver to that list, although Ulver go extremely experimental and far away from Metal in their later albums.

Venom
05-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Try a band called Dissection. Look for the album Storm of the lights bane its amazing.

GooeyToast
05-08-2007, 01:20 AM

Enslaved
Sigh
Nile
Moonsorrow
Borknagar
Akercoke
Hollenthon
Runic
Orphaned Land
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Wintersun

And I'll add Lykathea Aflame and Ulver to that list, although Ulver go extremely experimental and far away from Metal in their later albums.

Second'd

Momiji
05-08-2007, 03:19 AM
The only 'non-emoish' metal bands I listen to are As I Lay Dying and The Dillinger Escape Plan. Perhaps you'd like them?

Shine On...
05-08-2007, 03:52 AM

Enslaved
Sigh
Nile
Moonsorrow
Borknagar
Akercoke
Hollenthon
Runic
Orphaned Land
Eternal Tears of Sorrow
Wintersun

Second'd

Thrid'd As they clearly know the good stuff. Even Ulver's Experimental stuff is excellent.

Check out Boris as well.