PDA

View Full Version : such a waste

rubah
05-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Have you ever been involved in a situation where you've dumped a lot of time and effort into a cause and you don't want to go through with it, even though it's the night before, but you have this feeling that the payoff will be terrible and will require more work and more effort to get?

Tell me about it.

Roogle
05-07-2007, 01:01 AM
It sounds like someone is dissatisified with one of her academic assignments!

Renmiri
05-07-2007, 01:39 AM
Either that or she is in love with a bum ;)

Dump him on the isle I say!!!!

Shoeberto
05-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Either that or she is in love with a bum ;)

Dump him on the isle I say!!!!
:(

I wrote a 70-something page script (essentially a full-length movie) for a project that I no longer want to do because the main person has become kind of a jerk. Luckily he's so unreliable that it doesn't matter that I've given up on it.

Renmiri
05-07-2007, 03:18 AM
I wrote a 70-something page script (essentially a full-length movie) for a project that I no longer want to do because the main person has become kind of a jerk. Luckily he's so unreliable that it doesn't matter that I've given up on it.

Awwww

*hugs*

Your script and you are better off without the jerk I say :)

eestlinc
05-07-2007, 03:47 AM
I ran for the student government for next year and I won a position and now I will have to do a lot of work and I'm like "why the hell did I sign up for this?"

rubah
05-09-2007, 12:21 AM
it was actually a play, roogle, renmiri

Renmiri
05-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Oh, opening night jitters ?

Everyone has them. I hated all my co-stars guts before opening night, after the first show we were best buds again :D

When you put a lot of time and effort in a group thing the nerves are bound to get frayed and the egos are bound to clash... If you can avoid killing each other before opening night though, it usually is worth it :)

Shlup
05-09-2007, 04:09 AM
I'm not sure the math lesson I taught today was worth staying up until 1am last night working on. Fifth graders never ever shut up.

rubah
05-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Wow no. There's many reasons I did not want to do it, but stage fright was not one of them. It was more like the whole thing was abhorrent and I hadn't wanted to do it for a couple of weeks beforehand.

Renmiri
05-10-2007, 02:17 AM
Oh I didn't mean stage fright. I meant that "I can't stand those people any longer" feeling you get when it gets close to the premiere.

It is quite normal on a play or any big project where lots of people are involved. Working on a team project gets more stressful the closer it gets to "prime time". Tension builds up, people start to get on each others nerves, little disagreements make you mad as hell...

Hopefully your play turned out well for you, in spite of your misgivings :)

Spammerman
05-10-2007, 02:27 AM
Ive got to do a term paper rough draft for the 2nd half for tommorow. Ive barely scratched the surface.

DM_Melkhar
05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
I put a lot of time into creating a decent guild on Gaiaonline.com, and then people joined and never posted, or they quit, or they simply didn't join at all.

I did the same with an MSN group dedicated to RPGs, made it public, told online friends about it, 3 people joined and never posted. I put a lot of work into that too.

Please don't say "because it's crap", because I have done the same things as other people have with different subjects. I just can't be bothered to make communities that have a range of interests because nobody damn well bothers. Why? Because I have better things to do with my time.

Pike
05-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Does graduating university with a degree you hate count?

Cause if so, that's me.

I considered switching majors, but decided it would take too long and cost too much, so I trudged through the last couple of years and now here I am graduating this Saturday in something I hope I never have to go into =/

Hambone
05-10-2007, 11:14 PM
uhh...solo and ensemble. :(

yanis
05-10-2007, 11:21 PM

Cause if so, that's me.

I considered switching majors, but decided it would take too long and cost too much, so I trudged through the last couple of years and now here I am graduating this Saturday in something I hope I never have to go into =/

Yeah, I'm graduating too...and don't want to hear anything about engineers of automation any more... :riiight:

rubah
05-11-2007, 12:37 AM
solo and ensemble is a bore, after it wasn't required at my school I ditched it to focus on all-region.

Mitch
05-11-2007, 01:05 AM
sort of (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/index.xml)

Hambone
05-11-2007, 03:08 AM
solo and ensemble is a bore, after it wasn't required at my school I ditched it to focus on all-region.

lol I got a one on both solo AND ensemble. I'm trying out for all-state in october.

rubah
05-11-2007, 03:19 AM
our all state was last week xD

Sephex
05-11-2007, 05:40 AM
I have a problem with getting projects off the ground due to inexperience, lack of time, or other various reasons. Some of my ideas are:

*Building a rocket to the moon
*Riding a dinosaur
*Having sex with Keri from Mythbusters
*Making a comedy short film
*Making a serious short film
*Making a short film that looks artsy, but it ends up having to stupidest ending ever
*Punching the ****ing moon in its face (long story)
*Meeting Kawaii Ryukishi and then tell him to stay away from my sister
*Drag race Jesus

Tallulah
05-11-2007, 09:34 AM

Cause if so, that's me.

Same here. :(

I wish I had switched majors within the six-week grace period, but by the time I realised I hated journalism, I was halfway through the first year, and I thought I might as well finish it. I didn't do my dissertation very well, so I merely graduated without honours, but I refused to go to the graduation. For one, I couldn't afford it.

Very costly mistake, and whenever I go to job interviews, they are all like 'WTF, you have a degree?! O_o I can't emphasise enough how much I think journalists are losers and I have no inclination to be one of their number.