PDA

View Full Version : "Rome" cancelled

Shadow8017
05-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Ok so I'm a little late as this was announced back in March, nevertheless I just found out today and I'm positively pissed about this. Rome has got to be the best thing to ever come out of TV, (with maybe the exception of the daily show) I thought it was that good :(

anyone else watch it?

Roto13
05-07-2007, 01:44 AM
What the hell is Rome?

Shoeberto
05-07-2007, 01:51 AM
What the hell is Rome?
HBO series about the titular empire.

Never seen it.

Bunny
05-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Eh. It was okay. I watched the first episode and have the first season. But it didn't really draw me in.

Dreddz
05-07-2007, 01:57 AM
Maybe they realized the whole Ancient Greek genre is boring now.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-07-2007, 01:58 AM
after 300? xD

Dreddz
05-07-2007, 01:59 AM
after 300? xD

300 nailed the coffin.

fantasyjunkie
05-07-2007, 02:52 AM
I loved the series ROME. I was bummed when it was canceled. :cry:

Ouch!
05-07-2007, 02:54 AM
They're just making room for A Song of Ice and Fire. Granted, they haven't even finished the pilot episode, and it won't be on until something like 2008 or 2009, but still.

Yeah, never saw Rome. Don't watch a lot of TV. The only TV I watch regularly is Scrubs during lunch at school, and that's mostly 'cause it's the only thing worth watching on a weekday.

Shadow8017
05-07-2007, 03:30 AM
Alot of you seem to be echoing similar sentiments I held towards the show when it first premiered. I figured it would be another inauthentic portrayal of Rome with loads of senseless craptacular action in typical "hollywood" fashion ala Gladiator. However the historical authenticity, super high quality sets and actors( and I do mean HIGH quality; the first season alone cost over 100 million $) and the focus on political intrigue and character relationships rather than just battle scenes really set this apart from any tv series ive ever seen before.

People with low attention spans might get turned off from it quickly, but then again thats one of the things that made it so great for me.

Disco Potato
05-07-2007, 05:10 AM
I never really watched it, but my parents really enjoyed it. From the snippets of it that I saw it looked really good.

Maxico
05-07-2007, 09:26 AM

Never seen it.

Why is it that any time I hear somebody mention it, they make very sure everybody knows it's made by HBO.
As far as I knew it was made by the BBC.

Also I've never seen it.

Madame Adequate
05-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Never seen it.

Why is it that any time I hear somebody mention it, they make very sure everybody knows it's made by HBO.

Also I've never seen it.

It was made by both, and people ignore Auntie Beeb because she sucks most of the time.

Rome is awesome. Why have they cancelled it? That's abominable. :(

Shoeberto
05-07-2007, 08:23 PM

Never seen it.

I didn't realize the BBC had any involvement in it. I just mentioned HBO because their original programming is pretty unique from that of other stations.

Miriel
05-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Dude. You guys are SERIOUSLY late with this news.

I mean, they announced back in 2006 that the second season would also be the last for Rome.

I really liked the first season, second season was so-so. Particularly, the change of actors for Octavian's character wasn't such a good transition. I've just about finished watching the second season, just need to watch the Finale.