PDA

View Full Version : Blood+/ the last vampire games

Xalibar
05-07-2007, 04:26 AM
has anyone played any of the blood games?

Dreddz
05-07-2007, 11:30 AM
If I recall they were never released outside Japan. I would of liked to see how they turned out, seeing I love the anime.

JKTrix
05-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Here's a review of 'Blood+ One Night Kiss', which I believe is the most recent game.

Review - Blood+ One Night Kiss // PlayStation 2 /// Eurogamer (http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:MKQSoyYMIYgJ:www.eurogamer.net/article.php%3Farticle_id%3D67836+%22blood%2B%22+ps2+review&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=10&client=firefox-a)

There's a link somewhere near the beginning that lets you view the page normally, but it's blocked at my job.

I recall reading impressions from the various games from folks when the show was still airing in japan, none of them were particularly positive.

In my opinion, chances of the game coming in English are pretty low. The anime only just started and there are no DVD releases announced yet. DVDs usually come long before games do in the US. Blood+ is actually a Sony license, which should make it easier to come out in theory, but I still think the chances are low. I think Sony USA is more focused on PS3 games, and 'sure hit' PS2 games. Blood+ might be too late, but time will tell if the show gets popular enough.

If Blood+ were licensed by BANDAI, the chances of us seeing the games would be much higher. We saw several Ghost in the Shell games, including one on PSP, and more recently 2 Eureka7 games--one released last month. Bandai doesn't discriminate when it comes to a game's quality or a console's life cycle.

Xalibar
05-07-2007, 04:58 PM
What about the original "blood: the last vampire" ps2 game that was split into two volumes. Is any one familiar with that?