PDA

View Full Version : Iraqis don't like freedom

Renmiri
05-07-2007, 07:12 AM
That was the response someone here gave me on a thread when I asked why all the violence in Iraq after the war. A war supporter, the guy couldn't imagine other reason for people who were liberated to react so violently after 3 years of US occupation. So he blames the victims.. err... Iraqis

I think not... I think it is the incompetence and the lies that make anyone who is paying attention mistrust US occupation's intent. How can they believe that the richest most powerful country in the world does such a shoddy job unintentionally ?

Case in point... 24 civilians killed in Iraq. Everyone knows it was the US forces, a lamentable accident. What does the military brass do ? Lie about it, blames it on Iraqis. They didn't fool anyone on Iraq, mind you. Those people have been living under a lying SOB, they know a PR puff piece when they see one. All the military brass did was prove US can lie. Sad really, that the hard work of many soldiers can be ruined by a few superiors too eager to lie when a tragedy happened. But we know, don't we ? Pat Tillman's brother and Prvt Jessica just told US congress last week what the military brass thinks of the truth...

Propaganda Fear Cited in Account of Iraqi Killings (Haditha killings 2005)
NYT 5/6/2007

Unclassified documents suggest that senior Marine commanders dismissed, played down or publicly mischaracterized the civilian deaths in ways that a military investigation found deeply troubling. The documents suggest that General Huck ignored early reports that women and children were killed in the attack...

Captain Stone, 34, of Dunkirk, Md., is accused of failing to investigate reports of the civilian deaths.. Captain Stone said he did not investigate the killings because his superiors told him not to.

Documents declassified by the military last week include an e-mail message within three hours of the Haditha attack from a battalion operations officer to the regiment, a superior command, saying that 15 civilians had been killed, “seven of which were women and kids.”

Senior commanders told investigators that such early field reports were passed on to General Huck’s staff.

In a statement he gave at Camp Lejeune, N.C., in April, nearly five months later, General Huck told investigators that he could not recall being informed of reports that 15 civilians had been killed.