PDA

View Full Version : Their Power

Ultima Trance Zidane
05-08-2007, 11:36 AM
This is a thread about the power of the characters playable or not at all and Tempererys in FFIX according to story not game mechanics. The first issue involves General Beatrix, we all know that you have to lose to Beatrix three times in a row which is the only thing I dislike about this game (I think you should of been able to defeat her in the last battle) so she would know her place under the heros that save the universe! Anyway our heros have to fight Kuja who absorbed the power of thousands of souls and even Bahamuts in addition to his own power and they still beat him and he can destroy a planet. IMHO I feel and think they surpass her if they were to fight her as a party or one on one as well.

Another thing when brahne was talking with Kuja on how they will penetrate the sandstorm surronding Cleyra she did not know of any source capable of breaking through it. So she said "Kuja surely with YOUR powers their must be something you can do" Does this suggest Kuja is stronger than anyone she knows even Beatrix.

Sorry for the long post I hope this starts a good discussion:)

Also I'm new hi everyone it's nice to be a member!:D

The Crystal
05-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the forums.

Beatrix is very powerful. She was the most famous and feared person in the world and could win of entire armies alone(if i remember well), but i agree with you, the heros should have won in the last battle against her.

Kuja is more powerful than Beatrix. He is not even human, and it seems that each Summon in FFIX can destroy a city. But Bahamuth hited Kuja with his attack, and nothing happened(with exception of a little blood in Kuja's forehead). Kuja's magic power is greater than Beatrix too.

cloud21zidane16
05-08-2007, 07:48 PM
i think that it would be better if you could beat her on the third time.
But the team eventually become stronger than her because they get through lots of travelling and battles:fencing: Meanwhile beatrix is hardly in combat becuase Brahne believes that its easier to use the black mages. I think that at the start of disc 3 most of your characters are stronger than beatrix.(not statistically because some people dont level up at all) i mean within the story of what the characters have been through;)

They manage to beat kuja becuase they all work together. four characters have to give the others the rest of their power for the final battle plus they had the spirit and will:)

Ultima Trance Zidane
05-08-2007, 09:53 PM
Hey thanks for the replys people.:) I'm glade theres people that actually think and feel the way I do on this I am so used too seeing people always say that steiner is useless and should of been replaced with Beatrix. Dont get me wrong I like her and all but I appreciate and love our heros more:love: Also there is another thing I'd like to point out. You know how Garland made Kuja just too be another souless vessel for the souls of the Terrans, but his will was too strong and he was considering discarding him but he decided too make use of him. So Garland gave him more potential of power but limited his life span too only 24 years of age, which is ironicly the age when his potential is fully unlocked then he is supposed to die after living out his usefullness.

When Zidane was made and Kuja found out that Zidane was to become stronger than him it made him resent him so he just left him on Gaia to fend for himself, instead of raising him and training him to be the Ultimate Angel of Death like he was supposed to. So Zidane was raised by Tantalus and so was not taught to use Magic. Do you think if Kuja was too raise Zidane the he would of learnt to use Black Magic, White Magic, and have his awesome speed and physical prowess and awesome Trance if so then Zidane would be a God of power, he would also become even more stronger if he reached the age when his potential is unlocked at the age of 24 like Kuja! Jeez it is exciting too imagin how invincible Zidane would be then!:eek:

Any way enough of my rambling:p

cloud21zidane16
05-09-2007, 12:16 AM
When Zidane was made and Kuja found out that Zidane was to become stronger than him it made him resent him so he just left him on Gaia to fend for himself, instead of raising him and training him to be the Ultimate Angel of Death like he was supposed to. So Zidane was raised by Tantalus and so was not taught to use Magic. Do you think if Kuja was too raise Zidane the he would of learnt to use Black Magic, White Magic, and have his awesome speed and physical prowess and awesome Trance if so then Zidane would be a God of power, he would also become even more stronger if he reached the age when his potential is unlocked at the age of 24 like Kuja! Jeez it is exciting too imagin how invincible Zidane would be then!:eek:

Any way enough of my rambling:p

probably. But i prefer him how he is, kuja lost even with his magic. And if zidane had stayed with kuja he wouldnt be anything at all like the character we know him as:)

boys from the dwarf
05-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Its not a good idea to use game mechanics to measure power.

Kuja is undoubtedly more powerful than any single character including beatrix. your party eventually becomes stronger Than Beatrix and its a real team effort beating kuja and kuja never truly loses because he takes them all with him. He kills the party and sends them to the hill of despair.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the whole, "The party dies" thing. When kuja casts ultima, Their bodies dissolve and dissapear if you look closely and then they appear in a place which definetly isn't below the crystal world, with souls wailing in the background.

Kuja had the power to save them though as shown at the end. Kuja has the power of 1000's of souls so reaching into the parties souls and restoring isn't beyond him.

it takes more to prove they survived the final ultima Than to prove they died.

I've had this discussion before so im not going to debate it.

anyway. at the end of disk 3, the party, working together, is more powerful than kuja and at the end of disk 4 they dont neccasarily win against kuja but they certainly defeat him. Beatrix being out of battle a lot because of the black mage army, allowed the group to surpass her.

Ultima Trance Zidane
05-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Its not a good idea to use game mechanics to measure power.

Kuja is undoubtedly more powerful than any single character including beatrix. your party eventually becomes stronger Than Beatrix and its a real team effort beating kuja and kuja never truly loses because he takes them all with him. He kills the party and sends them to the hill of despair.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the whole, "The party dies" thing. When kuja casts ultima, Their bodies dissolve and dissapear if you look closely and then they appear in a place which definetly isn't below the crystal world, with souls wailing in the background.

Kuja had the power to save them though as shown at the end. Kuja has the power of 1000's of souls so reaching into the parties souls and restoring isn't beyond him.

it takes more to prove they survived the final ultima Than to prove they died.

I've had this discussion before so im not going to debate it.

anyway. at the end of disk 3, the party, working together, is more powerful than kuja and at the end of disk 4 they dont neccasarily win against kuja but they certainly defeat him. Beatrix being out of battle a lot because of the black mage army, allowed the group to surpass her.

Yes I am and always have been aware of the fact that they died when he casted Ultima on them. I also know that they are the only ones with power enough too beat him down enough to the point of Casting Ultima as a last resort and killing himself well almost as a result.

Though I also know that even if Beatrix kept training they still would surpass her, cause if you havent noticed the first time you fight her Zidane and Co are all so beat up that they cant move for a while(for as long as the first visit to Treno with Garnet and Steiner). The second battle both Zidane and Co along with Beatrix become tougher she wins again but only kept Zidane down for like 5 seconds. The third time they both still grew stronger and Zidane improved more than her still and was only down for like 3 secs.

So anyway she lived her richousness long enough! And besides it does not matter to her anyway since she has a change of heart.