PDA

View Full Version : french

Craig
05-08-2007, 09:16 PM
i wanna learn to speak french. whats the best way to do that without spending money?

Zeldy
05-08-2007, 09:18 PM
les francais c'est enneyeux.

why, oh why, do you want to learn that? French was compulsory for me for three years, but as soon as I was able to choose I ditched it.

The way I learn Finnish is from speaking to Finns, or using the internet. You only learn words or phrases, but its better than nothing, and French is piss easy till it gets onto the past/present/future sense. Oh bloody hell.

Craig
05-08-2007, 09:24 PM
les francais c'est enneyeux.

why, oh why, do you want to learn that? French was compulsory for me for three years, but as soon as I was able to choose I ditched it.

The way I learn Finnish is from speaking to Finns, or using the internet. You only learn words or phrases, but its better than nothing, and French is piss easy till it gets onto the past/present/future sense. Oh bloody hell.

i ditched it too. but now i wish i didnt because i wanna speak it and for 2 of my 3 options i got a u in 1 of them and the other i didnt even get put in for the test

Nominus Experse
05-08-2007, 10:30 PM
.torrent files.

You ought to be able to find some programs that teach French, such as Rosetta Stone and the like.

rubah
05-08-2007, 11:49 PM
if you're going to steal, at least go for pimsleur.

escobert
05-09-2007, 12:13 AM
French was evil to learn I hated every minute of it and it's the only class I actually had to study for.

Renmiri
05-09-2007, 01:47 AM
Date a french chick.

If it doesn't work at least you get some fun times trying to learn ;)

Shlup
05-09-2007, 04:08 AM
Download a crack of Rosetta Stone.

...You didn't say it had to be legal.

Dr. Acula
05-09-2007, 09:57 AM
Je parle un peu francais...I don't find it boring, I chose it as a subject.
Anyway, there should be some sort of downloadable (and hopefully legal) software out there that can teach you French.

Discord
05-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Date a french chick.

If it doesn't work at least you get some fun times trying to learn ;)

I was actually about to say, that you should go on an extended holiday to France, but that's also a good way of learning a foreign tongue. My suggestion is different though.

I see that you're 19 (as am I:D), which means that you'll soon finish or have already finished the school. At that age, you could take a year break from the world and do something different. If you know a bit about the IT or even better a bit about IT AND Economics, you can apply at one of the larger companies (SONY, Siemens, Bosch, whatever has a big IT sector) to work as a student there. If you know a bit about something else, well, it’ll be a hlel lot harder, but doable.

You can just as well apply to work in one of their residences in France, providing you can communicate with the locals. The point being is, you'll learn some French that way, learn quite a bit about the field of work and earn a solid amount of money. If your French skills are however no-so-great, you can do the same thing in your country, earn a bit of cash and go on a "holiday" to France. By that I mean, finding a room/bed in one of the youth hostels and spending time with other chaps. Maybe study something in one of their colleges (it’s hard work if you’re French is weak, but no impossible).

I've got a spot myself, as IT/Businesses-Developer (barely requires any IT skills IMHO), in one of the larger companies in Germany recently. It's quite a bit different from the studies I'm used to, I'm learning the terminology and the cash is pretty good for someone who only does halftime without any formal area of expertise. It’s definitely better than what you’d usually earn at that age for certain. And you’ll get a good report for your CV.

It's really all open to you. Just go to their websites and look at what they have to offer. I know it sounds like a pretty tough thing to do, but if you can get your act together, you’ll be just fine. In other words, I'm doing it and I can only recommend you to do the same. :p

PS: Any chance that you're from UK?

EDIT: If you're interested in this sort of thing PM me with your MSN or Yahoo! nick.