PDA

View Full Version : Hopes for FFXIII

Jessweeee♪
05-08-2007, 11:56 PM
What type of sounds are you expecting to hear from the next installment in the Final Fantasy series?

I based on the fast paced battle system and futuristic look, I'm guessing some orchestra-techno blends. For me, it could be even better than the FFX OST (don't come in here and say THE FFX OST SUXX because that's not what the topic is about, mmm-kay?)

I'm so excited :spin: :bounce: :spin: :bounce:

....OH NOSE!!!

How am I gonna afford a PS3???

Slothy
05-09-2007, 01:56 PM
How am I gonna afford a PS3???

Save? (I saved my allowance for an N64 back in the day. May have taken a while, but it really wasn't as long as it seemed since I spent none of it until I had one).

I think it's a little early to speculate on FFXIII's music. Do we even know who the composer is?

Anyway, I hope it turns out well. I've loved the soundtracks to the last few FF's (IX, X and XII). To me the only misstep was with FFVIII, so hopefully they keep the trend going.

Hazzard
05-09-2007, 06:15 PM
If it's on the same caliber as any of them, I'll still be happy. None of the soundtracks have disappointed me yet.

Fynn
05-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Masashi Hamauzu is composing this one, so I'm guessing it's going to sound a lot like Dirge of Cerberus and some of the FFX tracks, yet still be a bit more light. I'm a bit more excited about Versus's soundtrack, 'cause Yoko Shimomura is doing that one. I like some of Hamauzu's works, but I simply ADORE Shimomura. Listen to KH OST Complete and you'll see what I mean... And the trailer song! PURE BEAUTY!!! *dies*

Jessweeee♪
05-11-2007, 01:08 AM
I WANT JUNYA NAKANO!

Enjolras
05-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Gah, Shimomura shoulda done FFXIII, and they shoulda let Hamauzu do Versus.

Ashley Schovitz
05-11-2007, 03:09 AM
I heard Nobuo is doing the main theme?

Fynn
05-11-2007, 07:32 AM
Yeah, he is...
I think he should be doing the main agme and Shimomura should be doing Versus. I mean, IMO Nobuo and Yoko are geniuses while Masashi is just... OK. I like the way he experiments with harmony, though.
Too bad Uematsu left SE...

Ashley Schovitz
05-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Hironobu left too, is Tetsuya planning total domination?

Hazzard
05-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Oh fuck, with Uematsu gone, I feel a little aggrieved, and speculative of what will be the music in the new installment.

Fynn
05-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Hironobu left too, is Tetsuya planning total domination?

Oh noes! First art (Amano's was better), then stories, then directorship! What next!? Is he going to compose music as well!? *shruggs*

Oh smurf, with Uematsu gone, I feel a little aggrieved, and speculative of what will be the music in the new installment.

If you've played X, then the new soundtracks are going to sound like the impressionist/experimentalist-style half of the OST. (Yep, Hamauzu did that)

Jessweeee♪
05-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Hamazu's pretty good n.n

I just liked Nakano better u.u

Hazzard
05-13-2007, 07:23 AM
Well, yeah, I have played X and the music with wonderful. If he's coordinating the music for XIII, then we should be excited.

Fynn
05-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I like Hamauzu too. Like I said before - I like how he experiments with harmonies. You can also check out the DoC OST for his music. He's an OK composer ("Assault" is superb) but I'm hyped much more about Shimomura's works fro FF Vs. XIII. I just like her better. It's a bit sad Nobuo left the FF scene, but I think these two are pretty satisfying replacements...

Wolf Kanno
05-17-2007, 04:01 AM
My guess is the style will be very futuristic and techno with a few choral pieces and perhaps some old world chanting. I'm curious to know, since the crystals are obviously involved in these games, if they are going to do remixes of the crystal theme...

Fynn
05-17-2007, 06:28 AM
I don't think so... I was hoping Hamauzu would redo 'The Nightmare's Beginning' for DoC, but that did not happen. I don't think he's willing to use other composers' themes...

Jessweeee♪
05-18-2007, 01:50 AM
I liked the prelude remix in FFX. Nicey and bouncey n.n
Don't know which of the three did that one though <.<

Fynn
05-18-2007, 08:40 PM
Nobuo did that... IMO, the ones done by Nobuo were the best. Hamauzu comes second. I find Nakano mediocre (although my mom likes him)...

Jessweeee♪
05-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Medi...ocre..?

*dies*

Haven't you played the wonderful Threads of Fate?
To the Ultimate Relic is my favorite music from any game, ever n.n

Fynn
05-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Sorry, but that's just my personal opinion. Don't let it get to you...

Prancing Mad
05-20-2007, 10:01 PM
my favorite shimomura is from the black sheep- Legend of Mana. The more shimomura and mitsuda, the better. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like any mitsuda is coming around soon

Jessweeee♪
05-20-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm just a rabid fan n.n

Nifleheim7
06-16-2007, 11:23 PM
i would like it to be less pompous than XII,that's for sure.Maybe something like Chrono Cross but with the usual dose of common FF themes.
Btw,i love the song in the versus trailer.

Jessweeee♪
06-21-2007, 07:23 AM
I wasn't liking the FFXII tracks until I got near the end of the game n.n

Then I LOVED IT TO DEATH OMG

...especially Battle for Freedom.

Croyles
07-21-2007, 12:06 AM
I too think that XIII will probably be a sort of techno-blend. Id usually not like that kind of thing, but im really liking that sped up violin in the FFXIII trailer, so who knows :)
Seeing as how I like most of the FF soundtracks, ill say which ones I DONT want it to be similar to.
FFIX - There were some really ace songs in this one, but it just wouldnt suit it.
FFXII- Again there were some good songs on this, but I wouldnt want another one.