PDA

View Full Version : my chemical romance

rikkugurl13
05-09-2007, 05:35 AM
ok.I just seen the video for my chemical romance song Black parade.
I love the song but I'm not sure i understand the video.

here's the video

YouTube - My Chemical Romance - "Welcome to the Black Parade" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWgsQhbaqU)

sorry i didnt know this was the wrong forum.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-09-2007, 05:55 AM
Whoohoo. I get to see them in concert soon!

Anyways, great song. Great video.

As for what it means. Um. It is a video, they don't always go along with the song. In fact, I don't think most do.

rikkugurl13
05-09-2007, 05:57 AM
i would love to see them in concert!do you know where their going after that concert where you live?

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
05-09-2007, 06:10 AM
I have no idea. I think I am seeing them on the 25th. Not sure where though. I am going with my girlfriend and she has all the info. Plus, I am to lazy to look it up myself to find out.

rikkugurl13
05-09-2007, 06:25 AM
lol oh well i look here in a minute.

Nominus Experse
05-09-2007, 06:34 AM
When they began, My Chemical Romance was something slightly different than all the other emo/screamo bands. Now, they are nothing more than just that - :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Or I finally woke up.

JackNapier
05-09-2007, 07:02 AM
When they began, My Chemical Romance was something slightly different than all the other emo/screamo bands. Now, they are nothing more than just that - :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Or I finally woke up.

I agree with you, the first album was very good. The second one wasn't near as good, but it was okay. The third album is pretty bad though, there's only one or two half decent songs on it, imo.

theundeadhero
05-09-2007, 08:00 AM
It's my favorite band. I listen to them all the time.

Look at their website for tourdates.

Shin Gouken
05-09-2007, 06:39 PM
i would love to see them in concert!do you know where their going after that concert where you live?

DON'T DO IT! Those guys suck live. I loved the black parade too (am struggling to like it now) I saw them perform on T4 and i have never heard anything so bad. I'm not exaggerating, the lead vocalist is the worst vocalist i have ever had the displeasure of hearing... and ive seen X-facto :eek: r

Momiji
05-10-2007, 03:21 AM
You JUST now saw the video for 'Welcome to the Black Parade'?! It's only been out since early October, how could you have missed it? (Note: They now have videos for 'Famous Last Words' and 'I Don't Love You' as well, in case you're slow.)

I can't believe it, but this may be the first and only time I agree with Nominus Experse. My Chemical Romance was one of my first true favorite bands. Then The Black Parade came out... I liked it for a while, but now it's pretty unimpressive. Their first album is by far their best though. I can still listen to and enjoy their second though, since a couple of my favorites are on it (Helena, Cemetery Drive, I'm Not Okay (I Promise)).

Come to think of it, I'm wearing my MCR shirt right now!

Jack
05-10-2007, 03:55 AM
My Chemical Romance are rubbish.

They've ripped off decent bands and then made them worse.

rikkugurl13
05-10-2007, 08:41 PM
sheesh.I just wanted to know what the video was.It doesn't go with the song well.I love this song and i will always love it.:love:Maybe I'll get it for my b-day.

Essência
05-10-2007, 09:25 PM
The best vedeoclip of them is "I dont love you" is so beautiful and deep, just like the music!:D
I don't understand the video of "the black perade" aswell

Polaris
05-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I can't hear any of their new songs... and that's bad!

Tifa's Real Lover(really
05-12-2007, 09:32 PM
umm the video...a parade, like the black parade? its black in white, makes sense to me, love mcr, and what are u guys talking about, gerards voice improved live, his live performances sucked when the last 2 albums came out, or by the videos ive seen

Zeldy
05-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Or I finally woke up.

I totally agree.

atlanteay
05-12-2007, 10:25 PM
MCR is awesome! The Black Parade must be one of those very few albums where i loved every single song in it. I love Helena, I'm Not Okay(I Promise), and Disenchanted

it's really sad that i missed their concert. I checked their tour dates one day after they performed at my city >< i was pissed off for a week

about their video, i think Gerard said when he though of death, it's not dark and scary but a honorable and celebrated event. Therefore, when the patient in the video died, they gave him a big parade to lead/help him on his way to death so he won't be depressed.

rikkugurl13
05-13-2007, 01:38 AM
oooooh.that makes sense.Thanks atlanteay.I'm 13 and this was the first mcr video/song i have heard.
Thanks again.

rikkugurl13
05-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok,I got on the mcr website and the song teenager was playing.I got to love this song and i went to youtube to find the music video but they dont have one so i went to this one.YouTube - Teenagers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suHrCRWUYJ0)
Now does Gerard look like he's drunk or on something cause if you think that he's not.I mean look at how sweaty he is.he's just really tired.

BakerMan
05-17-2007, 05:54 AM
I never really liked My Chemical Romance to the extent that most of you clearly have, and I haven't know them all that long either. I only like around 3-5 of thier songs. "Famous Last Words" was the song that introduced me to the band and is one of those 3-5 songs...

Anyways about the Video, the best I can pull from it is that the singer is suffering from some sort of tragic thing in his life and now he's leading all these depressed peeple ( Emo's ) to some sort of solution or help them get over whatever their problem is, or something along those lines... Either that or he was on something when he made the video...

Rinoabella
05-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Even though MCR publicy announced they werent an emo band, I think they kinda are. I really love their new album, especially the song Dead!

As for Welcome to the Black Parade video...I'm not exactly sure what it's about. But they mentioned their album was about a friend who had cancer. So maybe the video is about the guy dying of cancer? And the black parade is like him near death and hallucinating. Seeing things on the other side, or something crazy like that! All their songs and videos have a sort of darkness to them so I wouldn't be surprised.

kikimm
05-18-2007, 12:41 AM
I don't really like MCR at all, although I do enjoy their videos. The Black Parade one has an actor in it that I like. Lukas Haas is his name, I think? And the director of the video is also good. >:D

rikkugurl13
05-18-2007, 07:04 AM
Guess what!? MCR is coming to portland on the 22nd!
And I won't be able to go!:cry::(WWWWAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Shattered Dreamer
05-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I find I can't watch MCR videos anymore Gerard Way is too over the top. I like the music though Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge is one of my favorite albums.

Masamunemaster
05-19-2007, 07:36 AM
The video was supposed to encompas the thought of death and all of that fun stuff, I forgot where I heard that at but I will look it up for you.

rikkugurl13
05-19-2007, 08:08 AM
Ok now I want you guys to do something for me.Go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com) and type in Gerard Way.There is so many funny stuff there.By the way,is he gay?I hope not.
Now this is something I have to ask,Does he look best in Black or Blonde hair?I say blonde.

Masamunemaster
05-21-2007, 07:12 AM
I found out, it is supposed to be the patients most memoriable moment in life.

The story is that when the patient was young him and his father went to see a parade when he was real young and that is the moment that stuck in his memories as the best thing to him, so the black parade welcomed him into death