PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Song Contest

Setzer Gabianni
05-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Anyone going to be watching that this Saturday? Already know we won't win, but the Spanish and German entries sound really good.

Madame Adequate
05-09-2007, 10:49 AM
This is exactly why Europe doesn't like Idol-type stuff. We know how utterly wrong it can go.

Mirage
05-09-2007, 12:42 PM
wuts wrng w/ eurovisiun?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
05-09-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm telling you Lovex should have made it to eurovision for finland!!!!!!

Breine
05-09-2007, 02:26 PM
No, I'm not going to watch it... It has nothing to do with what's happening in music these days. "The Eurovision sound" sends shivers down my spine... brrr.

Mitch
05-09-2007, 02:34 PM
I miss it real bad :(

Levian
05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
I like the BBC Prime's commentator, Terry Wogan. He makes Eurovision a better experience, imo. I like it when commentators are silly or makes fun of stuff in the show. He usually makes fun of the hosts, the various vote announcers and the occasional horrible dress.

I don't have BBC Prime this year, so I don't know if I'll see it :/ Maybe I'll find someone in my class with that channel. Norway has a terrible song anyway and I'll be surprised if we get more than 10 votes.

Mirage
05-09-2007, 03:09 PM
So does our own commentator, Levian. Well, if it's the same guy as before.

I haven't even heard Norway's song, but it'll probably blow as usual. It'll be in good company then.

Levian
05-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, he's got some nice comments every now and then. I'd easily pick BBC if I could choose, though.

and our song is some boring generic happy happy glam song and when you hear it you swear to god you've heard it a billion times before.

true cloud
05-09-2007, 03:28 PM
go lordi!!!!!!!!

i think the eurovision gets worse every year,but me and my friends usally watch it for the laugh,that girl from latvia(i think it was the latvian entry)was terrible she sang for like 2 seconds then just pretened she was talking to ppl on the phone-_-......... including god

father teds entry to the eurovision was the best EVAR

Setzer Gabianni
05-09-2007, 08:38 PM
My lovely horse, running
through the field,
Where are you going with
your fetlocks blowing in the
wind?
I want to shower you with
sugarlumps,
And ride you over fences,
Polish your hooves every
single day,
And bring you to the horse
dentist.

My lovely horse,
You're a pony no more,
Running around with a man
on your back,
Like a train in the night (yeah)
Like a train in the night.

true cloud
05-09-2007, 09:00 PM
loloh i love that song! its the fo shizle on meh nizle dizle!!*vurtually high 5s Setzer Gabianni *

demondude
05-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Ive got a good feeling engand wont fail miserably this year

Zeldy
05-10-2007, 08:55 PM
I voted for Lordi three times.
Hanna Pakarinen for Finland to win. Like Lordi, Id already heard of her before Eurovision. It makes me feel very obsessed!
:}

Ive been looking forward to Eurovison since last May.

Psychotic
05-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Eurovision is beautiful. It makes my heart sing with joy.

Old Manus
05-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Europop is so awesomely bad that it can't be taken seriously, ever.

I cried aloud with mirth and merriment at the UK's entry though. It reminded me of Lazytown, except it was funnier.

Psychotic
05-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I just saw our entry. It started out promisingly but then it just went to :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Man, our entry last year with the 40 year old guy in stonewashed denim rapping about school was much better. It was better than Lordi, too.

I think we're only going to get votes from Ireland and Malta. Hurray.

lol norway didn't make it. In your face, Mirage!

Discord
05-10-2007, 11:13 PM
It's okay really.

http://maxgrin.front.ru/garrett_bow_emoticon.gif

Setzer Gabianni
05-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Ive got a good feeling engand wont fail miserably this year

The song this year, better then the asshat who forgot his words while singing for us last year, won't get everyone voting for us, but it's more eurostylie. Yeh. XD. So..we should earn a few points.

jrgen
05-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I wouldn't hope too much.

MJN SEIFER
05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I really bother with it these days. So I'm not watching it this time.

But I have to say I was really disapointed with England (My home country) last time. Not only was it some div rapping over an old song, he also for some reason changed the title from "That's My Life" to "Teenage Life" which defeated the purpose of the orignal song, and rather than just sampling the orginal lines he actually recorded his own voice, and sped it up. So it sounded like the kids from the original album.

In other words - it was a farce.

DK
05-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Man, our entry last year with the 40 year old guy in stonewashed denim rapping about school was much better. It was better than Lordi, too.

Bus Stop! It would have been better if he sang kung fu fighting.

Zeldy
05-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Daz Sampson is from where I live :(

Jings
05-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Since when has England sang a song at the Eurovision song contest? It's the UK people!!!

Setzer Gabianni
05-12-2007, 10:04 PM
hahaha

I totally loved - Spain, Macedonia, Slovenia, Greece, Sweeden, France, Ukraine, Bulgaria,

Zeldy
05-12-2007, 10:12 PM
OH MY GOD @ APOCALYPTICA

jkhdfsjhfjhdjfg
that song, Life Burns, is one of my favourite ever songs.

I voted for Finland twice, and Sweden once :}

Psychotic
05-12-2007, 11:18 PM
But...but...the Serbian entry was :skull::skull::skull::skull:! Yeah I know block voting and all that, but there were plenty of better balkan songs!

I told Levian beforehand that the only places that would vote for the UK would be Ireland and Malta. Hahaha, it feels good to be right. :cool: Sorry for selling you out, Ireland. :( But really, if the UK wants to win Eurovision again, it needs to enter as England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. And see if we can sneak in the Isle of Man, Gibraltar and the Channel Islands while we're at it. It would be beautiful to play the Eastern Europeans at their own game. :laugh:

Finally, my favourite voting phenomenon was that all the rich western European countries like the UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland all gave 12 points to Turkey. Expect this trend to continue - hello arabic immigration!

Old Manus
05-12-2007, 11:19 PM
...Serbia

..............................................._,, ,,-------,,,__
........................................,,;:#ggg@@ g;,..........‘`=-,
.................................,,;$#^`````*#@@@g ;,.............’=-,
...............................,/$`................``#@@@#g,...............‘\,
........................._,;f`.................... ...,$@@@@#g,..............“\,
....................,/*&gp..+,_..................%*#@@@@g;,............’ \,
................,./_`”>’.....`#$$#x;,............,%@@@@@#g;,........ . .`\
..............,/ (............`\....`\”*=,``\.......*&*%@@@@@g;,... .......\
...........,/...,^=*#q,_,/`\.......`~..`-.......g$@@@@@@@#g,........|
........../,;p8jq;,_..........;.........................`%@@@ @@@@#g;....|
........,/.f,,,,_..`*8r-,.....;......................,&@@@@@@@@@#./
......./.,$ `\,...`.-...&..../........................`%@@@@@@@@$#/
.....,/,$--__........`\..../............................#$@@@##@@@@/
...,/\...`’t-,__,;>`..../.........................................;`=””=.`; @#*
.,/....`”~--~`’’....-`...................................,--”,~#-,.._*”`
(................................................. .........,....`””......,;`
.`\,_............................................. ........&`*-,,_-”`
.......`-,_.............................................../`.../
.............\.................................... ..............|

Zeldy
05-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Serbia was a load of rubbish.

Ukraine deserved to win, that was genius. I liked the French act too :}

MJN SEIFER
05-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Here's what I hate about eurovision.

Too many people concerntrait more about what country it is than the actual song. That is why it is good that you can't vote for your own country because most people would vote for their own (Although I wouldn't unless I thought they were good).

It's stupid.

A music compatition should be about the music - nothing else!!

The clue is in the name "Eurovision Song Contest".

Psychotic
05-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Ukraine deserved to win, that was genius. I liked the French act too :}Both Ukraine and France (especially France) were trying too hard.

...but if Ukraine and France deserved to win, why did you vote for Sweden and Finland?

Zeldy
05-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Ukraine deserved to win, that was genius. I liked the French act too :}Both Ukraine and France (especially France) were trying too hard.

...but if Ukraine and France deserved to win, why did you vote for Sweden and Finland?

I know they were trying way too hard, but it was amusing to watch.

I liked those acts too!

Old Manus
05-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Here's what I hate about eurovision.

Too many people concerntrait more about what country it is than the actual song. That is why it is good that you can't vote for your own country because most people would vote for their own (Although I wouldn't unless I thought they were good).

It's stupid.

A music compatition should be about the music - nothing else!!

The clue is in the name "Eurovision Song Contest".Nice to see that you're finally on the ball here.

Ultima Shadow
05-13-2007, 12:15 AM
How the **************** could Serbia win!? I mean... seriously... WTF?

And yeah, why the heck do people vote based on the countries, and not the actual songs? >_<

All the songs should be annonymous, until voting's over. :greenie:

Craig
05-13-2007, 12:25 AM
i swear the lead singer of serbia was a boy. i thought i heard his voice break at one point

and what was with those silver teletubbies? im pretty sure the lead singer was just elton john in disguise

Anaisa
05-13-2007, 12:28 AM
You guys are all kidding right? You don't really watch the Eurovision Song Contest do you?!

Jings
05-13-2007, 02:57 AM
I am ashamed to admit that I watched the Eurovision Song Contest in its entirety this evening, not even Terry Wogans constant derogatory comments can make this event anything but a painful experience. Having said that I thought Hungary's song was actually really good, not in the Eurovision style at all. I expected we Brits to get a few more votes, the song was terrible but I thought that's the sort of crap people vote for. Oh well. The block voting really is annoying, are we Western Europeans the only honest voters? We couldn't even bring ourselves to vote for Ireland's horrifying attempt at a song. Sorry about that, seeing as you gave us some points and all... really though, what WAS that?

Setzer Gabianni
05-13-2007, 09:24 AM
This year was very good :(

Spain were like secks <3333

But good lord - SERBIA?! Me and my other friends on MSN were NOT happy about this. :'(

demondude
05-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Yay uk got 12 points and came 2 last:)

Spiffing Cheese
05-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Terry Wogan is the only reason for watching it xD

I was very disappointed that we got some points. It's much better when we get nil points!

I loved Romania. And the guy running round in a circle in the French entry is my HERO. Ukraine should've won based purely on the awesomeness of their costumes.

I love it when people take Eurovision seriously :heart:

James Leopold
05-13-2007, 11:26 AM
the lead singer for Serbia looked like Hiro Nakamura from Heroes. Seriously.
Countries that should have won: Finland, Bulgaria or Moldova.
But it's a whole load of crap anyway.
I thought the intros were funny with Wogan's commentary, especially the library bus.
And who was that woman in the pink dress! WTF?! I was shouting at the TV whenever she came on.

demondude
05-13-2007, 11:28 AM
I thought the intros were funny with Wogan's commentary, especially the library bus.
And who was that woman in the pink dress! WTF?! I was shouting at the TV whenever she came on.

She was icelands most fmous comedian:)

BarelySeeAtAll
05-13-2007, 11:31 AM
hehee...we were juuust waiting to see uk come last with nil point...
but we didnt...:( damn it
ya i know, am in the uk (but born in cyprus!!!on british sovereign...:( ) but i mean, uk sucked!!!

Sergeant Hartman
05-13-2007, 11:44 AM
What, I'm the only one who liked Russia?

Serbia wut........

Setzer Gabianni
05-13-2007, 02:09 PM
I want D'NASH's album now <3

James Leopold
05-13-2007, 02:55 PM

lol please tell me you're joking. If you're not, then...oh dear, poor Iceland. Don't you mean Finland?

yanis
05-13-2007, 03:38 PM

Serbia wut........

You liked Russian song or Russian girls?...;)

I didn't watch the song only the voting...:riiight:

Maxico
05-13-2007, 06:03 PM

Serbia wut........

Oh! I'll make it easy honey
I'll take your money yummy
I've got my bitches standing up next to me

Russia prides itself on its prostitution industry.

This event is both the funniest and most depressing thing Europe does.

Sergeant Hartman
05-13-2007, 06:52 PM

Serbia wut........

You liked Russian song or Russian girls?...;)
Take a guess! :monster:

Psychotic
05-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I thought the Russian song would win, actually.

Zeldy
05-13-2007, 09:55 PM

lol please tell me you're joking. If you're not, then...oh dear, poor Iceland. Don't you mean Finland?
Correct. She is one of Finlands most well known comedians.
I didn't find her funny at all.

Old Manus
05-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Russia's song was my favourite too. Though that is probably because it was the only one which didn't make me want to hang myself.

Ultima Shadow
05-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Russia had the hottest girls, that's for sure. :cool:

Mirage
05-13-2007, 10:50 PM
I just saw our entry. It started out promisingly but then it just went to :skull::skull::skull::skull:. Man, our entry last year with the 40 year old guy in stonewashed denim rapping about school was much better. It was better than Lordi, too.

I think we're only going to get votes from Ireland and Malta. Hurray.

lol norway didn't make it. In your face, Mirage!

Doesn't matter, the entry sucked anyway, along with everyone else except Finland.

Also, the UK just doesn't care what they send there, because they're guaranteed to be able to participate next year anyway. Same with Germany, France and Spain too.

f f freak
05-14-2007, 08:12 PM

Most definitly. I was about to say this then I saw your post.

I thought that none of them were particularly good. The only good part about our song was that man going on about wanting something to suck on and salty nuts.

Zeldy
05-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Ukraine entry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4S7FnWvtc) Pure genius.

han_keep_smilin
05-15-2007, 08:15 PM
it buggs me how its not about the song anymore, it about what cournty is good and who likes each other. countres like france,spain and UK have no chancwe of winning anymore because of all the russian countries, they are all friends with each othe so they vote for each other.

at least we got 12 ponts lol is if we did!

i hated the one that won! it was rubbish! ukrane should have won. funn ones are much beter. we were so cheesy!!
"singig, ba bada ba badab bada bababa baaa, were flyin the flag alll over the world, were flyin the flag for youuuu' lol

Mirage
05-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Ex-soviet union countries. They're not Russian :p.

charliepanayi
05-16-2007, 08:12 AM
Eurovision is not about the song anymore? Since when was it ever about the song anyway?!