PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix Party 2007 (12-13th May)

Croyles
05-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Yep this Saturday - Sunday, square enix will be hosting the Square Enix Party in Tokyo. They will be releasing new info on every single FF that they have announced, including a new title no one has heard of.
I am pretty sure we will be seeing a new FFXIII trailer, or at least the other one we havnt seen (the one shown at TGS or whatever it was. The one with the shiva bike :))
Im also hoping to see something on Versus.

SQUARE ENIX PARTY 2007 ANNOUNCED FOR MAY 12-13, 2007 | SQUARE ENIX (http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2007/0327/)
Square Enix Party 2007 announces a Final Fantasy game for every orifice :: DESTRUCTOID :: Hardcore video game blog (http://www.destructoid.com/square-enix-party-2007-announces-a-final-fantasy-game-for-every-orifice-30518.phtml)

Im looking forward to this. And maybe the few people here who got heart attacks when reading "FFXIII confirmed as not exclusive" (which btw is news that hasnt shown up ANYWHERE else on the internet), might be put to ease with a complete absence of FFXIII multiplatform information.
But who cares? (Well I do, but shoosh).

What news/trailers do you think we will get on FFXIII/VersusXIII?

psyniac_123
05-09-2007, 04:56 PM
What news/trailers do you think we will get on FFXIII/VersusXIII?
No idea. Can't really predict SE, especially these days. Hopefully, some character stuff though.

I don't think this "new" game will be XIII or a XIII variation etc however. I have a feeling it'll be something new. Here's hoping VIII-2. Or a VI Remake. As much as I want FF to keep growing, surely it's too early for XIV?! XD And NO. FFVII. REMAKE.

I thought Tetsuya was busy?! God, maybe it's another XII spin-off... or Tactics, even. Or just a whole new game by that lot... gah. Who knows?! Except Square-Enix.

Slothy
05-09-2007, 05:08 PM
As much as I want FF to keep growing, surely it's too early for XIV?![/SPOILER]

Well you never know. They did announce FFX, XI, and XII at the same time back in the day.

Croyles
05-09-2007, 05:27 PM
A FF7 remake at some point in time would be great. Now is not really the time though.
Anyway, about FFXIII/Versus. Hopefully we will see new trailers for both, and more information on the stories, characters and definitely the battle systems.

Wolf Kanno
05-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Hopefully we will get a thorough look at FFXIII with more characters and summons revealed as well more in game screenshots and story details.

For Versus, hopefully we will finally get to see this battle system Nomura keeps rattling on about but chances are we will only get a new character revealed and some in-game screenshots and nothing else.

We will hopefully get more definitive info on Agito since it's the most mysterious of the XIII project.

As for the new unannounced FF game... I think the safe bet would be FFXIV since Squenix is known to make announcment about new installments in the series way ahead of time... I only hope that a different team is working on it for two reasons (and one secret motive :shifty: )

1) If a different team is working on it than the ones working on the XIII project, then chances are we will see it sooner than we anticipated.

2) I feel the only way this series is going to survive now with the "talent gap" at Squenix is to see different teams do different interpretations of the FF series.

My next choice for the new FF project is probably a remake of FFVII for the PS3. The success of the VII compilation, combined with the fan outcry of a remake, coupled with the "PS3 Tech demo" incedent... makes it seem odd that Squenix wouldn't jump at a sure fire money maker...

Croyles
05-10-2007, 03:15 PM
1) If a different team is working on it than the ones working on the XIII project, then chances are we will see it sooner than we anticipated.

2) I feel the only way this series is going to survive now with the "talent gap" at Squenix is to see different teams do different interpretations of the FF series.

I definitely agree with you. Although, I wouldnt say FF is dying, the teams are changing to the majority of the workers every game even if a few people here and there work on several titles in a row. But why would you say there is a talent gap?

Wolf Kanno
05-11-2007, 05:57 AM
My reasoning (ignoring my obvious bias of disliking Nomura and Nojima) is the fact that several teams are being stretched thin to compensate for several key Square employees leaving in the last few years.

Sakeguchi, Uematsu, and Amano have mostly cut ties with the company with Amano and Uematsu doing small freelance work every once in awhile. Also Matsuo is currently MIA and I feel it's almost safe to say he's probably not working for the company anymore. Several key players to SE's most famous franchises have left the company in the last decade and am I the only one who thinks it's odd they haven't come up with a successful new franchise in almost six years?

But obviously it's the fact that the teams are doing several different projects now. Everyone seems to already have other projects on their mind.

Nomura's team is working on FFXIII but will jump to KH when they are finished, the Mana, Saga, and Front Mission teams are busy chugging away at their respective franchises while Matsuo's team is finishing up on the "Ivalice Alliance". Now we seem to have a new team dedicated specifically to remaking old FFs.

Nomura's team has been working constantly on one new FF project after another and frankly... I think the team needs a break and needs to work on something else for awhile, so they can regenerate some creativity. His team has been asked to do a ton of work and I feel the quality of their games are poor as a result of them all being burnt out.

This of course is just my opinion though...

Jessweeee♪
05-11-2007, 11:14 PM
And they have that Threads of Fate sequel to make too!

SCREW KHIII I WANNA SEE A THREADS OF FATE SEQUEL!! DON'T MAKE THAT STUPID BONUS ENDING IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO FOLLOW UP!

Wolf Kanno
05-12-2007, 07:28 AM
And they have that Threads of Fate sequel to make too!

SCREW KHIII I WANNA SEE A THREADS OF FATE SEQUEL!! DON'T MAKE THAT STUPID BONUS ENDING IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO FOLLOW UP!

Believe me dear... I need Matsuo and his team to get to work making Vagrant Story 2. The game had a pretty open ending as well. But I agree, Threads of Fate needs a sequel.

Croyles
05-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Final Fantasy XIII (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159488)
Final Fantasy Versus XIII (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159489)

Ok, so hardly anything new. But im guessing the trailers will finally be made public soon.