PDA

View Full Version : Traveler in Kalm

spidey
05-09-2007, 07:09 PM
i began playing it again and you know the guy you give all the rare things too after you beat the weapons...i morphed a ghost ship to get the underwater materia...and when he goes and gets it from his bed he says..."here you go" and throws it on the floor when im like 5 steps away...i was like "what a jerk"....the kid in Coral handed me ultima..so then i go and kill emerald...then when he is going to hand me the master materia...he threw all of them on the ground!!!! AGAIN!!!!

what a jerk :mad2: [!] google_ad_section_end [/!][!] / message [/!]

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-09-2007, 08:34 PM
some people jus hav no respect! :D

Mercen-X
05-09-2007, 08:54 PM
HEHEHEHEHEheheheheheheh::::: Awesome.

cloud21zidane16
05-09-2007, 09:05 PM
lol:p

Jessweeee♪
05-10-2007, 12:09 AM
I kno!

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-10-2007, 11:23 AM
seeing as how no-one has yet to reply with a meaningful answer i'll take the opportunity, with a philosophical one:

"some people in life are jerks, deal with it!" :D

Jigsaw
05-12-2007, 01:44 PM
I like it when he does that so you can see all the shiny materias at once :)

hanawa
05-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Lol :p

As for me, thats no big deal at all. Totally fine with me, than he gives you nothing at all after your grueling battle with that bastard emerald downsea + morphing the ghost ship. Some people are like that and lucky enough he's only an old jerk in the game. Am i rite?

blackmage_nuke
05-20-2007, 11:57 AM
I dont think ive beaten any of the weapons to see this but i stil rofl'd

BG-57
05-20-2007, 01:15 PM
If you really want to see characters politely passing magical spheres to one another, play FFT; of course some of them are rude in other ways.

darksword12
05-21-2007, 03:26 AM
Better than Sephiroth throwing one at you. Remember the basement in Nibelheim? I saw that and was just like, "WTF? did he just THROW a materia at me?"

10-Breaker
05-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Too much materia to be used! ^^

moomba
05-31-2007, 03:12 PM
I dont know why but my morph dosent even work so i cant morph the ghost ship :(

gudkid
06-01-2007, 06:24 AM
how can you kill emerald and ruby?????
i tried so many times and all my characters are already leveled out!
and i have all their best weapons and stuff but i just can't beat them...
emerald has a timer on the upper portion of the screen and i don't know what that was for...

BG-57
06-01-2007, 12:21 PM
You need to equip Underwater materia to remove the time limit. That's where the business about morphing the Ghost Ship comes in. You can exchange the item you get for the materia from the Kalm traveler.

There are several strategies for killing both Emerald and Ruby, but here's what I do:

Emerald
Person A: Master Summon, W-Summon
Person B: Mime, Underwater
Person C: Mime, E-Skill

Having so few materia reduces the damage Air Taire Storm does to 2222.

Anyways, have the person with W-Summon cast KoTR, then have the other two people cast Mime. Spam KoTR until he dies. The hard part about this strategy is leveling up a Master Summon. It's cheap but effective.

Ruby
Person A: Master Summon=MP Absorb, Master Magic=HP Absorb, Master Item, E-Skill, Final Attack=Revive (or Pheonix), W-Summon
Person B: Doesn't matter.
Person C: Doesn't matter.

The problem here is Ruby won't take damage until your party is reduced to one person. You can either let him take out two characters with a whirlpool or kill them beforehand. I've heard if you do the second you can revive them later, but I prefer the solo approach. Start with Haste and Big Guard. Then start slamming with the KoTR; with the MP-Absorb materia linked, you'll get enough MP back to keep on casting it. Take out his tentacles when they protrude from the ground.

I've also heard that Hades works well against Ruby, but I never tried it.

gudkid
06-02-2007, 11:10 AM
ummm.... where do you get the master materias??? i never heard of 'em until now... though i do have 8 KotR's... :)

BG-57
06-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Go up to Bugenhagen's Observatory after getting huge materia. If you have all of a particular color of materia mastered (green, yellow, or red), the huge materia of the matching color will blend them into one sphere with no stat effects and limitless casting times. The fourth huge materia gives you Bahamut from Zero materia so long as you have Bahamut and Neo-Bahamut.

hanawa
06-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Well to beat Ruby basically you desperately need Hades materia.
I've tried it and everything started out heavenly! ;)
Ruby doze off / poisoned and even STOPped!
Then you can kick his arses so hard he'll kiss the moon! :D

gudkid
06-03-2007, 03:04 AM
i don't get it..
so Hades does work on him????

hanawa
06-08-2007, 05:10 PM
You bet! ;)