PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System announced

Crossblades
05-10-2007, 02:48 PM
RPGamer - News Bulletin - Final Fantasy IV Remake, XII International Announced (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2007/050907a.html)

The first game revealed was Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System. Like prior games such as Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XII will be getting rereleased in Japan with the addition of the English voice acting and, possibly, English text as an option. Additional content changes are being included in the form of a new job system allowing characters access to different, unique license boards.

This better get a US release! Though I highly doubt it :(

EDIT - Here's also an image

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12izjs/propaganda/ff12izjs2.jpg

Cap'n Basch
05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
All those people who went to such hard work to devise an improvised job system on the license board are going to feel so bad about this now.

Setzer Gabianni
05-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I won't be buying it. A new job system? I was happy with the one I got. The License Grid worked fine for me, so why would I get this?

Cap'n Basch
05-10-2007, 03:59 PM
I won't be buying it. A new job system? I was happy with the one I got. The License Grid worked fine for me, so why would I get this?

It's fairly standard for International Versions to have new scenes/endings and super bosses. Hopefully if they do the latter they'll make sure they're intelligent and challenging bosses rather than just tedious like Yiazmat was or require a mindless strategy to beat like Omega.

I certainly wouldn't pay 」40 for it, but 」15-」20 doesn't seem so bad.

joshua2412
05-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Am I the only one who is more interested in the IV remake for DS?

XII international...meh, whatever.

IV remake for DS...now that is something i can get behind. Especially if it's completely re-done and comes off anywhere nearly as well as III did on the DS.

Renmiri
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
I would buy a new adventure on the world of Ivalice. The same one with just a few tweaks ? Pfft! Try again SE!

Wolf Kanno
05-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Since I'll never see it on this side of the ocean I really don't care... besides I really hat the whole "Special Edition" mentality in the entertainment media industry,

Besides... my job classes are going to be soo much better...

Crossblades
05-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Since I'll never see it on this side of the ocean I really don't care... besides I really hat the whole "Special Edition" mentality in the entertainment media industry,

Besides... my job classes are going to be soo much better...

well, it would be interesting to see what job grids they will add

gudkid
05-11-2007, 04:25 PM
interest is all there is but who knows? maybe it would be cool whatever would be in the additional grid or boards or whatever it will be..

Roto13
05-11-2007, 05:06 PM
I didn't even get the special edition of FF XII. I don't care about this. I'm satisfied with FF XII as it is.

Crossblades
05-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Some more info. I got this from the wiki page. I think it's cool that Guest characters can be playable now =)

An international version of the game, titled Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System, is set to be released on August 9, 2007 in Japan as part of both Final Fantasy 20th anniversary and Ivalice Alliance campaigns. The game will include a new take on the Licence Board system, with twelve grids available instead of one, each corresponding to a different Zodiac sign and job. The battle system as a whole will also be tweaked; guest characters will now be controllable by the player, while pressing the L1 button will accelerate the game's speed. Additionally, the game will feature the English voices and the widescreen 16:9 ratio support of the North American version, as well as a bonus disc based on the one initially released with the North American version. Finally, a new mode will allow the player to hunt monsters and Espers in several series of small maps, to gain items and money.

Goldenboko
05-13-2007, 07:28 PM
Some more info. I got this from the wiki page. I think it's cool that Guest characters can be playable now =)

An international version of the game, titled Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System, is set to be released on August 9, 2007 in Japan as part of both Final Fantasy 20th anniversary and Ivalice Alliance campaigns. The game will include a new take on the Licence Board system, with twelve grids available instead of one, each corresponding to a different Zodiac sign and job. The battle system as a whole will also be tweaked; guest characters will now be controllable by the player, while pressing the L1 button will accelerate the game's speed. Additionally, the game will feature the English voices and the widescreen 16:9 ratio support of the North American version, as well as a bonus disc based on the one initially released with the North American version. Finally, a new mode will allow the player to hunt monsters and Espers in several series of small maps, to gain items and money.

So it is coming out in North America?

Renmiri
05-13-2007, 10:03 PM
I think they are referring to the Bonus DVD we got in US, if you bought the collectors edition. The DVD was great :)

Crossblades
05-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Supposedly More info on this game. Got it from this site and someone translated it.

人‹C集’†‚フ「ƒtƒ@ƒCƒiƒ‹ƒtƒ@ƒ“ƒ^ƒWー」ƒVƒŠーƒY2–{‚ƒŒƒ|ーƒg。PSP「ƒNƒ‰ƒCƒVƒX ƒRƒA -FFVII-」、PS2「FFXII ƒCƒ“ƒ^ーƒiƒVƒ‡ƒiƒ‹」 (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070512/sep_ff.htm)

- English voices, with possible English text. The English text thing has only been written about by Game Watch, without further confirmation.

- 16:9 mode.

- The big one, the addition of the job system. The jobs are: White mage, black mage, red mage, time mage, knight, monk, breaker, shikaree, uhlan, samurai, engineer and archer.

--- Shikaree uses light armor and daggers, uhlan uses spears, samurai uses katanas, breaker uses hammers, time mage can apparently use crossbows, and monk has the barehanded augments in addition to licenses for wooden poles.

- It was impossible to change jobs once they were chosen in the demo. It remains to be seen whether there will be a method to change jobs in the final version or not. UPDATE: More sources are saying that you cannot change your job once it is chosen.

- The game can be sped up by pressing L1. Supposedly, this works like the fast forward mode in Chrono Cross. Comments have said that it can be too fast for normal play, but it's wonderful for some of the longer sequences like summoning or performing mist knacks.

- Guests and summons can now be controlled manually, and you are also able to modify summons' gambits.

- Treasures on the field have been moved around, and rare items are now easier to obtain.

- Cure is now AoE, like Cura and Curada. This change is likely due to the fact that you will only have one person who is capable of using white magic. Curaga is probably going to be changed, too.

- There's a new water magic spell called Aqua.

- "Trial" mode has been added, in which you can fight against mobs, summons, rare monsters, etc.

--- You can load your own save data.
--- There are 100 maps.
--- Each map has various enemies and treasures on it, though they are supposedly pretty small in size.
--- Every 10 levels, you may receive items/gil and have the ability to save.
- Some new gambits were added, such as "enemy has item" and "facing two or more enemies" (there are also three and four enemy variations of this gambit)

--New stuff from 5/16 magazines--
- Magic has been powered up. Like cure, fire is AoE, too. From this, we can probably assume that all first-level single-target magic will become AoE.
- No new mob hunts, story or bosses. Still waiting for further confirmation on this.
- Strongest Halberd/Zodiac Spear will be easier to obtain
- New game plus has been added

Release date is August 9.

Renmiri
05-17-2007, 07:17 PM
oooo control guests, me like it :D

Vossler will stop breaking my chains :mad:

Marshall Banana
05-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh, my! =O

Even if I can't play it in my American PS2, I want it.

silverjunky
05-18-2007, 03:22 PM
what annoys me about all this is WHY COULDNT THEY HAVE DONE ALL THIS ON THE ORIGINAL NOW IM GONNA HAVE TO FORK OUT MORE MONEY FOR THIS GAME,(THAT IS IF IT EVEN GETS RELEASED HERE IN THE UK)AAAARRRGGGHH!!!!!
it really annoys me when they do this its soo obviously a money making scheme, damn capitalists, grumble grumble....

Dynast-Kid
05-26-2007, 06:21 PM
I don't know why, but i'm really intrigued with the whole "jobs based on the Zodiac" thing. I bet my sign, Virgo, will be White Mage...

f f freak
05-26-2007, 09:01 PM
This is intriguing. Controlling guests!!! You mean I get to control that Amalia woman who looks surprisingly like Ashe!!!! Awesome!!! Please come out in the UK. And controlling Espers will rock as well. I'll buy this just coz of that. I don't show love for the jobs though.

Wolf Kanno
05-27-2007, 07:30 AM
I can't say I'm really impressed actually. The job sytems they explain can already be made in game. I was hoping for some new abilities and extended liscence boards (duel wield, jump, Blue magic...) but this... is pretty lame.

six underground
06-01-2007, 09:27 AM
why can't they put all this on another game with another story :)

though seeing all those new features, especially the Zodiac Job System and the varied maps, i think it will be lovely :)

but i'm not really all that pleased with ff12 myself to want all that heaped up on it again. i think it has great direction and a good story but i didn't really feel that attached to it compared to some like tactics, the characters of 7 and the scenes of 6. :greenie:

demondude
06-01-2007, 09:33 AM
The only reason i would buy this is to discover larsas gender

(orthros hunt )

Jowy
06-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Larsa's a delicious little shota.

Zodiac job system sounds effing cool. I want it.

Setzer Gabianni
06-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Supposedly More info on this game. Got it from this site and someone translated it.

人気集中の「ファイナルファンタジー」シリーズ2本をレポート。PSP「クライシス コア -FFVII-」、PS2「FFXII インターナショナル」 (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070512/sep_ff.htm)

- English voices, with possible English text. The English text thing has only been written about by Game Watch, without further confirmation.

- 16:9 mode.

- The big one, the addition of the job system. The jobs are: White mage, black mage, red mage, time mage, knight, monk, breaker, shikaree, uhlan, samurai, engineer and archer.

--- Shikaree uses light armor and daggers, uhlan uses spears, samurai uses katanas, breaker uses hammers, time mage can apparently use crossbows, and monk has the barehanded augments in addition to licenses for wooden poles.

- It was impossible to change jobs once they were chosen in the demo. It remains to be seen whether there will be a method to change jobs in the final version or not. UPDATE: More sources are saying that you cannot change your job once it is chosen.

- The game can be sped up by pressing L1. Supposedly, this works like the fast forward mode in Chrono Cross. Comments have said that it can be too fast for normal play, but it's wonderful for some of the longer sequences like summoning or performing mist knacks.

- Guests and summons can now be controlled manually, and you are also able to modify summons' gambits.

- Treasures on the field have been moved around, and rare items are now easier to obtain.

- Cure is now AoE, like Cura and Curada. This change is likely due to the fact that you will only have one person who is capable of using white magic. Curaga is probably going to be changed, too.

- There's a new water magic spell called Aqua.

- "Trial" mode has been added, in which you can fight against mobs, summons, rare monsters, etc.

--- There are 100 maps.
--- Each map has various enemies and treasures on it, though they are supposedly pretty small in size.
--- Every 10 levels, you may receive items/gil and have the ability to save.
- Some new gambits were added, such as "enemy has item" and "facing two or more enemies" (there are also three and four enemy variations of this gambit)

--New stuff from 5/16 magazines--
- Magic has been powered up. Like cure, fire is AoE, too. From this, we can probably assume that all first-level single-target magic will become AoE.
- No new mob hunts, story or bosses. Still waiting for further confirmation on this.
- Strongest Halberd/Zodiac Spear will be easier to obtain

Release date is August 9.

Right...

Few things - set job? Bit backwards that. Look at III and V for example. EARLY titles, which allowed you to change your job.

Every 10 levels, you may receive items/gil and have the ability to save.

How incredibly..stupid? Seriously, what a rubbish concept! Have the ability to save? It's not very FF at all - in most FF games, you saved at a point, after a certain event etc - but this? LOL. Really. It's a bit pointless. It's not that hard to get to new areas for a save crystal in the original version. If you're levelled up, and you've used the LB well, this rule is pretty stupid.

I'm sure this is what X-2 had. If so, erm...why bother? Pretty much makes you feel like playing X-2 all over again. New game plus, was a unique concept for X-2 only. Why should XII have it? Is it because it actually saves people earning money for certain items? Wouldn't it make your characters like already powerful? You could earn multiple Zodiac Spears this way.

Erm yeah. Don't we like..do that already?

Doesn't seem too bad, I'd rather let Guests do their own thing though. Think of it when you got Amalia. She only wanted to get out using the party's help, so why should we control her when she wants to do her own thing?

New water spell - Aqua. How about..just having Watera, and Waterga? Makes sense.

All in all, a lot of this looks rather poor. Backwards. Stick with the original system.

Marshall Banana
06-03-2007, 01:37 PM
New game plus, was a unique concept for X-2 only. Why should XII have it? Is it because it actually saves people earning money for certain items? Wouldn't it make your characters like already powerful? You could earn multiple Zodiac Spears this way.
You're implying that this would be bad? =O

Besides, I don't know of every game that has this feature, but it's not unique; it's supposed to be more fun.

Setzer Gabianni
06-03-2007, 02:45 PM
lol, jus too easy. There'd be no point in actually to try and earn any money, you'd already have everything at your disposal. Like with X-2. WAY too easy having everything already. Wasn't really all that fun imo. It's more fun, selling your stuff, and being able to buy a really awesome weapon again and rejoicing over it instead of just having it there. How would it work though with the License Board arrangement? If it's a new game plus, and you had everything from before..

a) You'd already have everything unlocked.

b) All your abilities that you've collected would be useless, until you've unlocked more license points.

Renmiri
06-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Heh, speak for yourself. I loved having all the good stuff early. And Trema was still hard :love:

Setzer Gabianni
06-04-2007, 07:44 AM
speak for myself..? wtf?

Dynast-Kid
06-04-2007, 04:21 PM
If Square was smart they would add new bosses and enemies.

I mean, Kingdom Hearts II:Final Mix+ (Which may be released in the West this autmn!) has at least 13 new boss fights...

Renmiri
06-04-2007, 10:08 PM
speak for myself..? wtf?

Saying x2 new game plus was not fun, too easy :( It's like me saying the XII story sucks... :eek: Wait I do say it :p

Carry Setz, bash my fav game too. Turnaround is fair play ;)

Wolf Kanno
06-04-2007, 11:45 PM
I think the real issue with New Game+ in this case is that most games that have the system usually have a point to having them (multiple endings, one time multiple choice story arcs ect.ect...) but the special addition of XII gives no real insights to anything like this.

It's a waste of time and offers nothing really new to the gaming experience.

Melodies_of_life
06-05-2007, 04:21 AM
.... I don't know about this... I mean it's a good idea.... but they should have done this to the FFXII and not the new release.... I hope this dose get released in north america although I'm gonna wait till the price goes down before I get it

Hambone
06-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Alright a FFIV remake!

What? I'm not excited about FFXII Int. Might as well not get excited about something that won't even be released on my own CONTINENT. Thanks, Square.

No.78
06-05-2007, 11:59 AM
You're all so negative about this, I'm so excited! Zodiac job system sounds awesome, me want me want.

If its Japan onry I'll be pissed.

Renmiri
06-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I hope this dose get released in north america although I'm gonna wait till the price goes down before I get it

Ditto!

Cool Yuna sig you have! :love:

Crossblades
06-27-2007, 03:14 PM
New screens and propaganda. They show guests characters and summons being playable and how you can set their gambits.

screens
RPGamer > Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System > Screenshots (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12izjs/screens/ff12izjsss062607-1.html)

propaganda
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12izjs/propaganda/ff12izjs3.jpg

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-27-2007, 09:06 PM
You're all so negative about this, I'm so excited! Zodiac job system sounds awesome, me want me want.

If its Japan onry I'll be pissed.

Even if it is in Japan only, couldn't you get it imported if you really wanted to? I mean for North Americans , aren't Japanese games formated and have the same region code as North American games?

Dynast-Kid
06-27-2007, 09:16 PM
New screens and propaganda. They show guests characters and summons being playable and how you can set their gambits.

screens
RPGamer > Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System > Screenshots (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12izjs/screens/ff12izjsss062607-1.html)

propaganda
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12izjs/propaganda/ff12izjs3.jpg

Those screens look alot cleaner and polished than what i'm playing. Graphics upgrade?

Renmiri
06-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Those screens look alot cleaner and polished than what i'm playing. Graphics upgrade?

Good catch, those are amazing!

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12izjs/screens/ff12izjs6.jpg

Crossblades
06-28-2007, 03:27 AM

Good catch, those are amazing!

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff12izjs/screens/ff12izjs6.jpg

What pic were you trying to post? All I see is a red X

Zeromus_X
06-28-2007, 04:19 AM
I might just import it. Although it's rather annoying how the cycle seems to go: Original Japanese version-> North American version with bonuses-> PAL version with bonuses-> Japanese 'International' version with all of said bonuses and more with English dialogue for whatever reason, with no NA or PAL release...

atlanteay
06-28-2007, 05:03 AM
i can't wait to get my hands on this edited version of a game that i spent $50 on and had already beaten.

really, who in their right minds would buy this game if they already had FF12? new job class, big deal?! ooo i can control the guests! does this mean Larsa would still have unlimited amounts of hi-potions? now, if they added a few FMV scenes, then i wouldn't mind ^^ i love fmvs and taking screens of them. Other than that, meh...

Shiva_
06-29-2007, 05:58 PM
It sounds really interesting.

I'm thinking about importing it.

Crossblades
07-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Gameplay trailer of the job system, playable guest characters, and playable summons. Beware, trailer may contain spoilers for those that haven't played the game yet.

Gametrailers.com - FFXII: Zodiac Job System - Japanese Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21325.html)

Dynast-Kid
07-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Gameplay trailer of the job system, playable guest characters, and playable summons. Beware, trailer may contain spoilers for those that haven't played the game yet.

Gametrailers.com - FFXII: Zodiac Job System - Japanese Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21325.html)

OMFG! Did they really replace Fran's English voice actor in this version!? If so, I might just murder whoever was in charge of this travesty...

And Larsa sounds like a child prostitute in that trailer.

Also, I believe Square should do more with the Espers then make them playable. New attacks, new Deathblows, something...

And does anyone happen to know which jobs are allocated to what Zodiac sign? I have an obsession with astrology, and i'm really fascinated with what job Square pairs with each star sign.

Crossblades
07-11-2007, 03:14 PM
And does anyone happen to know which jobs are allocated to what Zodiac sign? I have an obsession with astrology, and i'm really fascinated with what job Square pairs with each star sign.

That has yet to be revealed

Timerk
07-11-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't get this.